Tanks on Enhanced

Fugitz

Just now, Noah_Hero said:

Yes they can but even these ones aren´t made for going into urban terrain if the enemy has rockets. but if you actually do bring them in such a situation then it´s basically their death-sentence since one guy with an RPG is enough to ruin your day.

Use a Stryker (example) with a remote controlled M2 or M134 and use that in urban situations. Or order an MBT on a hill or far out of that town to provide covering fire? 

Maybe even get a Motar Crewed Stryker? Hell, there's a lot of different things you can do.

23 minutes ago, SiegeSix said:

Use a Stryker (example) with a remote controlled M2 or M134 and use that in urban situations.

Forget about that. Before you spotted that RPG guy and turned your gun to him you are already dead. Happens often enough in RL.

21 minutes ago, SiegeSix said:

Or order an MBT on a hill or far out of that town to provide covering fire? 

Maybe even get a Motar Crewed Stryker? Hell, there's a lot of different things you can do.

Yes, these mentioned things can work. But as you said: "on a hill or far out of that town". So yes these things are all effective but just not in fu*king urban terrain. How hard is that to understand?

In real life not a single IFV/MBT would go into a town on it's own.  It will ALWAYS be accompanied by infantry guarding its flanks and rear.  Because even the smallest AT you can find will wreck something if you shoot it in the ass.
So why would we want to do this any other way on enhanced.

Amor is not a stand alone element.  It needs cover from infantry to survive.  In an urban environment this infantry would be dismounted and the armor would be going at walking pace.  In an open field this infantry would be in an APC or IFV following behind the armor and dismounting when needed (e.g. when the armor will be engaging stuff from a static position for prolonged periods of time, when enemy infantry is spotted or suspected to be near, ...)

Tanks are build to take hits to their frontal armor.  That's why infantry is one deadliest things to tank.  All they have to do is let the tank pass or flank around it and they have an easy kill.

1 hour ago, Stanhope said:

In real life not a single IFV/MBT would go into a town on it's own.  It will ALWAYS be accompanied by infantry guarding its flanks and rear.  Because even the smallest AT you can find will wreck something if you shoot it in the ass.
So why would we want to do this any other way on enhanced.

@Noah_Hero This should be the fairly obvious part.

One lone gun on a IFV/MBT/APC can't defend all angles. It must have foot mobiles to assist.

Next time I'm in command, you have my blessing to tank it up

Sent from my iPhone using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

3 hours ago, Vlk said:

Next time I'm in command, you have my blessing to tank it up

Sent from my iPhone using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

My blessing too!