Loadout options

Hi All

After the recent changes to the MOD pack, there seems to be a huge amount of choice of equipment in the arsenal, especially for outfits. are there plans to reduce this down so that we don't spent large amounts of time selecting gear, especially when we have to use a certain faction for that particular op?

Gringo

@joaopedrocastella One of the driving factors behind the recent update was to allow players to use more gear to create and represent different nationalities. As siege already suggested: spend some time and make your favorite loadouts in the virtual arsenal. Also some of the gear is already limited and there was even more that could have been added.

Never be afraid to be that strong voice that tells people to get their ass out of the arsenal and into the helicopter. 

Thanks

Ben

So here is a time old conundrum we face on the server, how much stuff to blacklist and whitelist. Of late we have changed our approach so that we how only limit the arsenal by player role. 

I would direct you to the points previously made, make a loadout at the main menu and then adjust on server

Thanks for your suggestion @SiegeSix I will spend some more time on the virtual arsenal to get the basic roles and load out configured to the necessary roles, terrain, scenarios etc.

@BenjaminHL I will certainly speak out more, was not sue it was my place as a fairly new member of the community.

@Copey I have noted the comments made and I will proceed as advised.

There are people saying there should be more restriction and that arsenal should be locked after x time etc.
I really don't think it fixes anything, and it creates more problems than actual solutions (locked arsenal).

What i do, and i think it should bo encouraged is literally just say, Were going out in 30 seconds, if you aren't here, you aren't coming. Done.
I really can't see why so many people think having an open arsenal is such a problem, just leave people that sit at the arsenal, let them figure out why they shouldn't spend hours on their gear waiting for us to come back from an AO. 
I really can't see the problem, also i don't often see people sitting at an arsenal for longer than 3-5 minutes anymore.

37 minutes ago, Colsta said:

It did work back when I first joined. No reason not to work again.

And when I first came too, there was literally no restrictions back then and people managed just fine.

In fact I remember teams coordinating to have the same weapon platforms so they could share ammo etc without even being asked to.

Add to that everyone actually looked the part, ie not wearing pure white camo on a green terrain map...if only we could return to those days

Dress-up is a non-issue.

It's increased with the recent addition of MGP and the like, yet I'm willing to let this transition period pass as just that; a temporary thing.

Before, people stood at the arsenal because they were bored from idling. Get a rallying call out and most often you found they'd snap right back into mission-ready. That's exactly what we'll revert to in a couple weeks' time.

If you aren't bothered enough to give them a shout, for whatever reason, or they don't respond either way, I find myself agreeing with Miczils: leave them. They've made their choice.

Can't quite see it being that simple.

What if an AT team is online, causing increased Armor presence in AO? I'd need that team in the field.

What if my Engineer is the culprit, or my Medic?

I agree with the sentiment in general, but there are situations where I really wouldn't be comfortable leaving base without that slot coming with.

17 hours ago, Colsta said:

It did work back when I first joined. No reason not to work again.

16 hours ago, Copey said:

And when I first came too, there was literally no restrictions back then and people managed just fine.

Sure, I am totally on your side that it could work again but the community seems to be pretty much casual by now wich just brings all these problems to the table and probably it wasn´t that much of a casual community back in the days you are talking about but instead a community looking for something MilSim-ish with a little bit more relaxed mentality.

16 hours ago, Copey said:

Add to that everyone actually looked the part, ie not wearing pure white camo on a green terrain map...if only we could return to those days

You can...apply administrative sanctions(warn/kick/ban) to people doing dumb things like that.;):)