I&A 3 Linux Server?

Rykzon

Hello,

I was trying to run vanilla I&A 3 on a linux server for some friends, but the server crashes as soon as someone loads in. Other missions work fine and the same mission runs fine on a local windows server. 

I have some arma server experience from a few years ago but can't figure out whats going wrong here.

Are there any known problems with linux or can anyone see something wrong in my log?

log.2302.txt

Edit: Fixed: It was the include arma3_readme.txt in initserver.sqf, that file does not exist on a linux server installation it seems, not that that include makes any sense to begin with :)

• 4 months later...
Guest n00dles
Include file arma3_readme.txt not found.

Possibly this, its a file that contains account info for Zeus if I understand correctly. Its pulled in from initServer.sqf, you wont have this file.

Guest n00dles

If someone would be kind enough to give an example of the file structure, that would be helpful then others can create their own without having to remove the function.

You don't have to have anything in that file, but if you don't take out the include and all things related to it i suggest having the following things in it:

zeusAdminUIDs = [];
zeusSpartanUIDs = [];

zeusModeratorUIDs = [];

Put the UID of people you want to have zeus in either the admin or spartan one.  With admins getting a few additional perks.  We have a moderator one because of how things are set up internally, you don't have to worry about it but just be sure to have an empty array for it to avoid unexpected behaviour.

So we do a little magic under the hood to allow us to manage who has access to zeus, and it uses that file.

All you do is replace the contents of the arma3_readme.txt file in your root directory (the same folder than contains arma3.exe) with the following:

// arma3_readme.txt

zeusAdminUIDs = [
"YOUR-GUID-HERE",
"YOUR-GUID-HERE"
];

zeusSpartanUIDs = [
"YOUR-GUID-HERE",
"YOUR-GUID-HERE"
];

Make sure your server has this file, that's why you're getting this message. It makes no difference what the players have on their clients, but there must be a file present on every computer for this method to work.

Admins and Spartans both have access to Zeus, but Admins have access to a few extra features which are restricted from Spartans (if I recall correctly).

If you verify your game files after doing this, the file contents are reset to the original readme, so keep your list of GUIDs separately or just back up your revised file.

- R