R3E Achievements

fergie

I know I'm probably the only person actually playing Raceroom Racing Experience in our community, but , you know, I gotta show off to someone

I'd like to direct you all to the following image, within you'll see my name (Fergus Carroll) and my gradual awesomingerness.

I am pleased to say that not only am I able to almost match my lap times in 3 different prototype series GT cars, I am also approaching the top 100 in the world for that particular track, that probably doesn't seem too awesome, but it is!

2013041212204423026066B07DD9B1B4E8F3E9D4

Currently the 17th fastest British driver entered into the Simbin Spring Competition, sitting in 374th overall, prizes start at 110th place (€15) I'm still a way off 1st the place €500 with a +7.834s gap, but the top guys are Esports pros.

I reckon I could reduce my current time (2m 21.111s) down by around 2 seconds with more practice which would put my in 196th world wide and 8th in the UK, but while I know there is loads of time to be made up in the second  & third sector I also have to make sure I'm keeping the first sector super tight, I'm pretty sure I've squeezed most of the time I can get out of sector 1 unless I discover a new line through one of the corners!

http://beta.game.raceroom.com/competitions/39/leaderboard

Edit: got a 2m 20.036s putting me in 263rd overall and 10th in the UK. Only 153 more places until I can get a prize!

I need to improve the car setup to really get more out of the car now, I have only been running a shorter gear ratio and non standard brake balance so far, if I can get my head around camber and suspension my lap times should improve dramatically!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one dude, keep it up :D when I've got a little more money I wouldn't mind forking out for a g27 and coming to beat your arse! 

How far away is Assetto Corsa from release now? I haven't really kept track of that. 

Oulton Park

YAY i have been around that track IRL :)

I love the way you can get so close to the track with your car and watch the races while sitting on the roof of your own car, i have never seen that before anywhere else :)

thumbs up for britisch racing !!

Nice game, and well done fergie. I used to play racing sims with my logitech g25 (life for speed mostly, but also rfactor and gtr). Here's an old vid of me driving on lfs:

Ignore the way I kick the clutch on curves :P I did it because I felt the engine rpm were too low when coming out the curves, but later found out that it was making me slower. I've the g25 in my other house, if I ever get it here I'm up for some races.

Here it is! A quick video of what it's like in R3E.

Unfortunately my Thrustmaster F430 wheel is -to put it politely- misbehaving, so this is actually a recording taken from a replay of me driving the Mistrel M530 around Bathurst on a hot lap in a personal record time of 1:55:118.

Because R3E is still technically in Open Beta there are a few issues here and there, in cockpit there is a lack of functioning LCD, also the steering wheel movements aren't accurate to how it actually is when live in game.

Additionally I have to admit that at 1:21 in the video, contact is made with the barrier that would in reality write-off the vehicle. This was driven in Get Real (sim) mode with manual sequential transmission.

Well I was bored, and since Simbin have a new competition going I decided I'd post another lap video.

This time I did it live so the LCD works and the steering is 1:1 with my steering IRL. 

It's not the fastest time I can do, there is plenty of time to be found; I know Monza well but I'm not at all familiar with the Ferrari P4/5, which by all definitions is a complete deathtrap, it's without a doubt the hardest car I have a driven in this game so far, anything other than feather light throttle control is met with buckets of oversteer, the car fails to decelerate quickly under braking and there's a nasty tendency for it to under-steer through fast corners. Still, got within the top 400 on this lap.