juuonsee

In-game name when banned: Antti

What message displays when you attempt to connect? Battleye: Admin ban (racism/Antti/stan

Why do you think you were banned? In short, i was flying a chopper and a fellow thanked me for a ride by saying "Thank you my man". I replied in direct chat "maa nigga" after which I was banned for racisism and now cannot join back in.

Why (in your personal opinion) should your ban be lifted? This is a REPOST just so you will have an opportunity to see how unjust your logic is.

Because using the word "nigga" cannot be considered as racism. I'd understand if I was calling people "niggers" in side chat (although even still going as far as saying that that is racism might be pushing it). Anyway, I wholeheartedly agree that racism should not be tolerated in any shape or form. But being banned for being a racist after using a word you have blacklisted is just....ehm.... odd

If I use a sentence: ' "nigga" is a word used to generally describe African-American people. It can also be used when talking about friends even if they are not African-American" then am a racist? Am I promoting hate speech? Am I offending someone? No, I'm simply using a word which you seem to think is offensive. I'm sorry, but it's just a word that I happened to use. I was NOT being offensive. I was NOT being racist and I certainly did NOT promote hate speech. And lastly I could NOT have known that you have blacklisted specific words which will automatically lead to a BAN. You have NOT mentioned this anywhere. Had I known this I would not have used it and we would not be in this mess.

In short, I did not break any rules, but based on your logic I'm now a racist and a promoter of hate speech.

I do not mean to be an annoyance, but free speech and racism are both matter which I take extremely seriously. What you are doing is acting like a totalitarian society and simply won't accept it.

IF for some odd reason my ban will still remain then at least give me to courtesy of telling how long this ban is.

respectfully,

Antti (Juuonsee is just my forum name)

Which administrator banned you (if known): 

When were you banned: today (June 22 2017)

Edit: to me this is bigger than just a ban on some random Arma 3 server. It's about free speech and racism. That is why I'm taking all this time to post this here again.

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts