[AWE] [GAMENIGHT] Operation Cold Blaze - Cryo

Copey

Operation Cold Blaze

When: Saturday 17th June, 1900 UK LOCAL (GMT +1)  

Server: EU3/AWE

Briefing / Planning: 1845 UK LOCAL (GMT +1) 

Mission Start: 1900

Map: Isla Duala

Mods: Standard AWE

First person lock: No

Loadouts: Awaiting Details

Respawns: Unrestricted

Mission Length: ~45-60 minutes. Possibly longer

Factions: BLUFOR (NATO) vs OPFOR (CSAT). Both Playable.

JIP: Yes, Unrestricted

OVERVIEW

PvP. Both BLUFOR and CSAT are fighting over new territory, join their ranks, take the sectors and drive the other back into the sea.

This is Cryo's first gamenight for AWE, so please play nice, and send constructive criticism back in this thread. 

More than likely this will be followed up by Zeus missions on guantlet, with the possibility of them also happening before.

This is part of our final weekend playthrough on the current modset before the changes previously announced take effect.

Any questions or updates should/will be posted in this thread.

Regards,

Copey

(Events Manager)

• Copey featured this topic

Creators notes:

- Every team has the same kind of setup: 2 assault teams, an AT and AA team and a Logistics team with the sides commander in it. All start with default equipment but keep on reading.

- Respawns are unlimited (but do let the medics do their job). Both for personell and base assets. HOWEVER, every airfield may have some assets that WILL NOT respawn. 

- Like said before, vehicles respawn. However, abandoned assets will remain there!

- Factions listed were before conversion to AWE. They are USA (blufor) and Russia (OPFOR).

- I'll be zeusing. Each commander may make requests to me for supplies every 10 minutes for supplies.

- No ninja's please. You are allowed to hijack enemy radio's to listen in :D

Edited by Cryo
Some more information

Creators notes:

- Every team has the same kind of setup: 2 assault teams, an AT and AA team and a Logistics team with the sides commander in it. All start with default equipment but keep on reading.

- Respawns are unlimited (but do let the medics do their job). Both for personell and base assets. HOWEVER, every airfield may have some assets that WILL NOT respawn. 

- Like said before, vehicles respawn. However, abandoned assets will remain there!

- Factions listed were before conversion to AWE. They are USA (blufor) and Russia (OPFOR).

- I'll be zeusing. Each commander may make requests to me for supplies every 10 minutes for supplies.

- No ninja's please. You are allowed to hijack enemy radio's to listen in [emoji3]

What about pilots, are they not there or are they just unlisted?

Sent from my SM-G935F using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

Time for some feedback. First off, brilliant concept. Needs work. For example, the airfield that spawns the attack bird isn't centered. That hellicopter made it a steamroll for OPFOR. Most of us BLUFOR just left. Maybe make core assets, such as the Bradley respawn, however apparently it was because OPFOR stole it. Maybe make it so that each vehicle is locked for the team. I don't think it did. Maybe also decrease the helicopter respawn timer, we were sitting in base waiting for it 90% of the time. Why not use the stinger? That is the third problem. We had a stinger and a javelin, both we could use. Both had no ammunition, meaning both slots were effectively useless. Not sure if OPFOR had the same issue. This meant that OPFOR had complete, uncontested air superiority and BLUFOR couldn't contest. This eventually led with people leaving as it turned from PvP to a slaughterhouse with all BLUFOR air assets getting wiped out immediately. Another issue is that it takes too many shots to kill someone, however this could just be Arma being Arma as both @LEO and I both had instances where we lit someone up to end up not killing them. Amazing idea and I would LOVE to see it come back, however some tweaks are required.

Mckillen, thanks for playing first off and thanks to anyone who played my mission.

So far as I understand, alot of the problems come from the fact I am not used to AWE vehicle and not at all to the air assets. It is VERY difficult to estimate their power for me, thus the attack bird problem was something that was going to happen. One could argue I simply should have tested it more, but I cannot (even with my connections) cough up people to test something for AWE.

Second, the ammo was a problem? Yes, I bvsaw that one coming. That is why I wanted to Zeus it, since the plan was that I would drop requested supplies every 10 minutes (see creators notes).

I'll definitely looking into BLUFOR having their assets being whiped, but this stems from the 2 above listed things.

I'll be sure to take all of this into consideration when I start work on the next mission, but for that I'll wait to see if which new maps are coming into the mix.

Cryo