Invade & Annex 3 Version History And Feedback Thread

On 11/12/2021 at 12:32 PM, possiblyEOD said:

could we add a player check for sub-objective buildings at the end of an AO? they currently despawn almost immediately, meaning if you're say a sniper in the HQ tower on comms-hub, and the mission ends, you rather quickly fall to your death 🙂

On 11/14/2021 at 7:01 AM, ChopperSpirit said:

Just a little thing: 

On the helicopters that have a gunner seat which is not used as such (Hellcats (armed and unarmed), Orcas (armed and unarmed), Hummingbirds, Ghosthawk and Pawnee) would it be possible to make those seats accessable for any infantry and lock it for pilots? 

That would prevent players that don't know the "one pilot per airframe" rule to go on that seat. On the other hand all those helicopters have one more passengers seat which sometimes is needed. And it gives the squad leader the possibility to have the same view as the pilot and discuss the LZ on final approach. Would be handy for example if the intended LZ becomes unexpected hot.

Cheers Choppy

Both issues fixed, will go live once 3.4.13 is released

//Whigi

Changelog for 3.4.13

- [Added] Functions for commonly used snippets

- [Fixed] Automatic Pilot Grounding mechanics

- [Fixed] Added missing surface type for grass cutting

- [Tweaked] Aircraft seat restrictions

- [Tweaked] Main AO SubObj Comms tower despawn

- [Removed] Mk82 unguided bombs from all air loadouts

Just a little head up regarding the Supplybox loading mechanism. It seems that we were a little too optimistic regarding the distance calculations, so the Load option only shows up at Main base helipads.

The pads at the FOBs are apparently more than 50m away from the FOB marker, so the action never shows up. This has been increased and is now working correctly in next version (3.4.14) ....

On 11/14/2021 at 5:37 PM, Whigital said:

having the co-pilot seat in LCAS/transport choppers only available for non-pilots

I noticed yesterday, that non pilots still get kicked out of the helicopters when they try to use the co pilot's seat.

Greets Chopchopchopchop...

• 2 weeks later...

Changelog for 3.4.14

- [Added] Boats at Terminal docks (available with F.O.B Guardian)

- [Added] Reward section for F.O.B Guardian

- [Fixed] Shikra classed as CAP asset

- [Fixed] Supplybox loading for Base/F.O.B helipads

- [Fixed] Disable ViV loading of rewards with UAV attached turrets

- [Fixed] Urban sidemission location selection

- [Tweaked] Default enemy awareness set to AWARE

- [Tweaked] Award asset selection

- [Tweaked] Retextured non-NATO asset alpha color

- [Tweaked] Enemy jet weighted towards CAS loadouts (except for Shikra Stealth)

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of things that have come up in recent discussions on TS that I thought I'd mention/request here,

1) The use of explosives and scripts to complete various objectives, could we harmonise the way things are done so that anything which needs destroying is done by explosive, this would mean changing the vehicle depot, destroy weapons shipment and maybe one or two others that aren't coming to mind right now so that they are no longer scripted.  This leaves the scripted ones as just being for the retrieval of intel etc.

2) The return of some mined sub objectives (are the mines still present at the radio tower?) mainly the HQ building which used to cause absolute carnage and often much hilarity as people went flying through the air.  I think this one was removed because it was seen as to easy to complete by sending a rocket through a window.  So I would like to suggest the same original compound with the HQ building as used in the CSAT FARP.

3 hours ago, OcUK-Timo said:

are the mines still present at the radio tower?

mines are definitely still around the radio tower. I like the idea of more mines, maybe even a sub objective of a minefield could be interesting, and could give another role to engineers/the bobcat if there's one around, or a prio objective of an explosives depot, that has mines occasionally be placed around the main as it survives, or minefields spawn on roads? (that's probably a bit less feasible though) (on that thought, occasional roadblocks on major roads could be an interesting idea)

Some nice ideas there EOD, maybe a side which is rescue civis from a minefield.  Just thinking a little more on that one, how about a side which is a mined town with civilians wandering around.  The players need to demine the town before X number of civilians are killed.  So kind of like the protection missions people will need to rush there to do the mission before it fails.  Ok it may take a little testing and tweaking to get it so that people have a reasonable chance of completing it but I think that would be a fun one.

I've not noticed mines at the tower recently maybe because people have a tendency to just rain fire down on it until the mines are destroyed.  This can also happen with other places like the old HQ I mentioned.
I don't know much about the different mine types available but is there any way of having AP mines that can't be destroyed by other detonations, so that they will remain either as marked mines by a detector or until removed by an engineer or triggered by a player?  I guess probably not but worth asking anyway.

Ok we've been talking more about this tonight and I've realised that maybe removing scripts for building destruction is the wrong direction to take.  Take the current radio tower as an example, at the moment it is very easy to destroy without entering the Hesco area simply by planting explosives at the entrances.  Would scripting like that applied to some other objectives enable the tower to only be destroyed from triggering a point directly under the tower?

Most (if not all) objectives where there's 'destroy' in the objective name can be completed by destroying the objective, the scripted action available is present for people's convenience (and to allow you to set charges without getting TK messages if people run up to the objective after ample warning).  I know for sure that this is the case for the weapon shipment mission, you can just destroy the crate, no need to use the action.

2 hours ago, Stanhope said:

Most (if not all) objectives where there's 'destroy' in the objective name can be completed by destroying the objective, the scripted action available is present for people's convenience

Thanks Stanhope, that is interesting and something I wasn't aware of.  I had assumed that the scripted ones could only be completed by using the script.

Ok, a lot to unpack here.

The rationale behind the current sub objectives is that they pose a threat. They either reinforce the AO with some kind of assets (Paratroopers, CAS Helis, CAS/CAP Jets, Tank Section etc.), or actively engage any nearby friendly units.

The HQ sub got removed since it does the same thing as the Radiotower, and the Explosives Cache didn't really pose any threat/danger, so it got scrapped too.

As @Stanhope says, most of the destroy objectives can be blown up without the holdaction, and i think the only exception is the Depot Prio, which wouldn't clean up the ruins nicely after it got destroyed. We'll look into getting around this, should be possible with some eventhandler magic to ditch the holdaction.

As for mines, we'll investigate if there are any ways of making them a little less "bombproof", so you actually have to de-mine the area before entering. Would be nice if we had a selection of 10 or more subs so it doesn't get too repetitive.

19 hours ago, Whigital said:

The rationale behind the current sub objectives is that they pose a threat. They either reinforce the AO with some kind of assets (Paratroopers, CAS Helis, CAS/CAP Jets, Tank Section etc.), or actively engage any nearby friendly units.

The HQ sub got removed since it does the same thing as the Radiotower,

Would be nice if we had a selection of 10 or more subs so it doesn't get too repetitive.

Thanks Whigi
So if we want variation could we have the HQ sub back in the mix but using the FARP building with the internal walls to make it harder to complete?  Edit, I just remembered that Chicken has an impressive variation on the radio tower, could this be considered as a possible replacement for the existing old one?
As another possible sub if it could be done, how about one similar to the vehicle depot that spawns personnel carriers such as mora and gorgons etc that will drop off squads around the area? (I just realised that would be a prio not a sub)

Edit2, maybe a training facility sub, a building that spawns squads from it, kill the officer or officers before destroying the facility.

On a different matter, I was just running as recon with a 115 but had left the rifle in my bus, someone destroyed the bus so had no rifle, I borrowed a hunter drove into the AO and drove to a viper squad we had just killed to take a 115 from them but it wouldn't allow it, I got the message play a different role.  I believe it was because the 115 (hex) is blocked, could this be tweaked please?  I died shortly after from radiation because my shemag and goggles were also in the bus that got rocketed!

• 1 month later...

Changelog for 3.4.15

- [Added] New vehicle servicing functionality

- [Added] Prio mission SAM

- [Added] Prio mission Rocket Artillery

- [Fixed] Side mission Secure Asset reward handler

- [Tweaked] Main AO garrison building blacklist

- [Tweaked] Prio mission Depot destruction

- [Tweaked] Main AO Sub Goalkeeper

- [Tweaked] CSAT group composition

- [Tweaked] Prio mission F.A.R.P

- [Removed] A few Main AOs

• 1 month later...

Fog on EU1 is always broken and without staff to get rid of it becomes a pain, can the creeping fog be disabled or made to reset if it reaches a certain point?

This is my view from the Buzzard AA with maxed out view distance and high quality terrain.

Example.png

I can think of nicer ways to start of my weekend but here we go.

Our current fog control script has been in place since at least 16/05/19.  I wrote it some time before that.  Could've been a year before that could've been a day, I don't know.  What I do know is that I find it extremely concerning that something that I put in place almost 3 years ago is supposedly always broken.  So I looked at said script a bit more to see if there may be a bug in it.  Here's how it works right now:

The script runs every give or take 360 seconds (6 minutes for reference).  It starts by removing any fog decay and the fog base (aka it makes the fog of equal density at all altitudes).  It then check if the fog is above a level of 0.7 (fog in arma can be in the range of 0 to 1).  If it's above .7 it'll, over the next 40 seconds reduce, the fog value to 0.  If the fog value is above 0.4 it'll, over the next 40 seconds reduce the fog value to 0.  So effectively the max amount of fog that can be on the server for more than 6 minutes is 0.39.  

So River, what do you think is an acceptable max value for the fog?  If you want to change it from 0.4 to any other value, could you provide some reference screenshots what that'd look like in game for the value(s) you suggest?  

• 4 weeks later...

Changelog for 3.4.16

- [Added] RemoteExec function filters

- [Added] Ability for pilots to unlock co-pilot seat for passengers

- [Added] Armed Xi'an Infantry transport reward

- [Added] F/A-181 Black/ Wasp II CAP reward

- [Added] Prio Mission: Shore bombardment Relay station
- [Added] Side Mission: Lost convoy

- [Added] Persist player loadouts between sessions

- [Added] Kart to FOB Guardian

- [Fixed] Vehicle servicing not fixing all hitpoints

- [Fixed] Vehicle servicing not handling attached turrets

- [Fixed] CAS Buzzard not having 20mm gun

- [Fixed] Vehicle servicing action for Blackfish VTOLs

- [Fixed] Capture progress counter

- [Fixed] Garrisoning of houses without defined positions

- [Fixed] Object duplication when spawning Destroyer

- [Tweaked] Revive action condition on medical vehicles

- [Tweaked] Heal and Revive actions on Arsenals

- [Tweaked] Headless client transfer functions

- [Tweaked] Every mission unit now gets handled by Headless client

- [Tweaked] Base teleportation

- [Tweaked] Vehicle service now shows time remaining (MM:SS)

- [Tweaked] UAV servicing condition (engine now allowed on)

- [Tweaked] Field repair now fixes Xi'an fans to 75%

- [Tweaked] Spartan/Admin Tools reworked

- [Tweaked] Prio Mission: SAM

- [Tweaked] Prio Mission: Rocket Artillery

- [Tweaked] Switched Green RPG42 for Hex (DLC restriction)

- [Tweaked] LOADS of under-the-hood changes

- [Tweaked] BLU_F default loadouts

- [Tweaked] Main AO selection algorithm

- [Tweaked] AO reinforcement behaviour

- [Tweaked] Prio Mission Depot and F.A.R.P tasks

- [Tweaked] Main AO thread shutdown process

- [Tweaked] Cleanup/Stats/Weather script

- [Tweaked] Revive system

Changelog for 3.4.16 Hotfix 2

- [Fixed] Setting vehicle emission control breaking service pads
- [Fixed] Teleport to FOB Marathon transfers you to FOB Martian
- [Fixed] Loadout restrictions not being applied when exiting Arsenal