Invade & Annex 3 Version History And Feedback Thread

3 hours ago, TheScar said:

repetetive side missions (seen yesterday 4 SECURE INTEL missions after another)

The same side mission cannot spawn twice in a row, I guess I could increase that to the last 2. 

way to less enemy air threats

The amount of enemy air threats has not changed in at leats 20 versions, what has changed is that enemy jet will prioritize vehicles over infantry to attack.  Enemy helis won't.

just now i m playing on  fresh started server facing NO MAIN AO and only a side mission active - HC client is live - i capped a T140 in the supposed main AO and killed 3 naked unarmed CSAT crewman standing nxt to their T140,no red circle and the rest of the city is empty

Yes, it's been acting up a bit, I've already released several versions that only tried fixing that. I'm still working on it.

i m pretty certain the same side mission spawned several times after another (Secure Intel yesterday,minimum 3 times)

Considering the server was running several hours already,my money would be on the script stops working after x amount of time.

On enemy air I´d like to have a greater variety of jets and choppers with a tad higher aggressivity like Kajman,Xian and the non cluster versions of the Grinch and the Shakira.

1 jet 1 chopper < 20 players

2 jets 1 chopper < 45 players

2 jets 2 choppers > 45 players

Lets see how that woulkd turn out?

Current numbers for jets and choppers are:

<= 20 players no jets, no choppers

> 20 && <= 40 players no choppers, 1/3 chance of a jet

> 40 && <= 50 players 1 chopper, 2/3 chance of a jet

> 50 2 choppers, 1 jet

Note that these are the numbers for the AOs themselves spawning stuff.  This does not include the jet that will be spawned by the HQ or RT.  And both spawn a jet very shortly after an AO spawns with either of them.  The chances of either an HQ or an RT spawning are 1/2.

As for which helis spawn:

1/10 chance for a kajman

1/10 chance for a xi'an

4/10 chance for an orca

4/10 chance for a hellcat

And for the jets:

3/9 chance for a Neophron (1/3 cluster, 2/3 cas variant)

3/9 chance for a Shikra (1/3 default loadout, 1/3 cluster, 1/3 stealth)

2/9 chance for a Gryphon (1/2 default loadout, 1/3 cluster)

1/9 chance for a buzzard (always cas loadout)

It is impossible for the script that ensures that 2 of the same side missions don't spawn in a row to bug out if side missions are still spawning because it's the script that spawns the side missions that does this check.  What can happen is that by pure luck it keeps switching between secure intel unit and secure intel vehicle as these are 2 separate missions.  There are currently 13 side missions the script can chose from, so for a secure intel mission to spawn 3 times in a row that'd give a chance of 1/13 * 1/12 * 1/12 or 1 in 1 872.  Which is actually not that small of a chance (if I can still do chance calculations, which might not be the case), I'll ask Xwatt if I can make it that the side mission cannot be the same as the previous 2 instead of just the previous one. 

On 9/12/2019 at 6:50 PM, AhoyWorld Outreach said:

I&A 3.3.37 Is Now Live On Our Servers With The Current Changes:

- [Tweaked] HQ Sub Objective now has mines

I'm not sure if the mines at HQ are working correctly (unless I did something wrong), I was trying to approach the HQ today, even checked my inventory to make sure I have mine detector on me, the next thing I did was stepping on a mine. Not a single one was detected.
https://streamable.com/erhlk

and how about spawning the HQ bunker with "closed" windows,that avoids "certain" people guiding a AP Titan pass it killing the officer in the process and will force up for close encounters,which benefits the added mines

Applying the factory engineer code on the HQ might be worth a thougt,too ... then its inf only and no UAV,Jet,MBT,ATspec will be able to obsolete the obj once in range.

Altho i first heard about it today while playing it seems questionable adding AP mines when the tower is crewed by CSAT forces.

Wouldnt they take damage by it too?

Well,things to investigate in the next upon days.

🕵️‍♂️

<= 20 players no jets, no choppers

so that's why i was harassed by a jet saturday morning when i'm the last one player at EU1... yes i know i deserved it b/c i didn't let zeus get his well deserved sleep... :) 
(just what you get for "!Admin AFK check?" twice in a row half an hour earlier...) 😘

And yes, i second Scars recommendations. A bit more alternations in mission spawning and gameplay would be great.

16 minutes ago, SCHUBZ said:

so that's why i was harassed by a jet saturday morning when i'm the last one player at EU1... yes i know i deserved it b/c i didn't let zeus get his well deserved sleep... :) 
(just what you get for "!Admin AFK check?" twice in a row half an hour earlier...) 

As I said in that reply, that's only what the AO spawns, not what radio towers and HQ buildings spawn.

52 minutes ago, TheScar said:

and how about spawning the HQ bunker with "closed" windows,that avoids "certain" people guiding a AP Titan pass it killing the officer in the process and will force up for close encounters,which benefits the added mines

Applying the factory engineer code on the HQ might be worth a thougt,too ... then its inf only and no UAV,Jet,MBT,ATspec will be able to obsolete the obj once in range

Well the officers position is already randomized now so he's not always behind that window or even on the bottom floor.  But I'll have a look at closing that window and adding that code.

54 minutes ago, TheScar said:

Altho i first heard about it today while playing it seems questionable adding AP mines when the tower is crewed by CSAT forces.

Wouldnt they take damage by it too?

The way I've got it set up there's a clear path to the door, the mines are around the building.  This means that you can bypass those mines but people are still walking into them anyway. 

The way I've got it set up there's a clear path to the door, the mines are around the building.  This means that you can bypass those mines but people are still walking into them anyway. 

Stan is right, as always. With everything. ("cash register machine ping sound playing") Still be prepared to meet a level 100 "shooting over the dry wall" semi boss inside... 
I show myself out. don't want to derail that thread. (it's my birthday, still got 5 minutes to midnight) CHEERS, guys! ❤️ You!

On 9/16/2019 at 11:30 PM, Stanhope said:

Well the officers position is already randomized now so he's not always behind that window or even on the bottom floor. 

It doesnt really matter where the officer is actually located when you fire a AP missile pass a open window in the closed space of a HQ.

It has a spread of 4-5m depending on surface and obstacles and will most likely kill the officer with the 1st try as he s 99% not wearing any vest.

Speaking of,it may also be interesting to add him a vest,too.

Then again,just spawn the HQ with closed windows and spare the work of fiddling with the officer-gear.

Aaaaaaaand,exclude him from spawning on the roof,as that is ridicoulousy easy to take him out then.

Or,apply the  code used for the engineer on factorys and step up the pain and time to complete the obj by needing to setup and send in a "BREACH"team .

I m fine with both options.

😈

I&A 3.3.38 Is Now Live On Our Servers With The Current Changes:

- [Fixed] Minor Bug In Admin/Zeus Tools

- [Fixed] Minor Bug In Side Mission Reward Spawn

- [Fixed] Mines At HQ Sub Objective Being Undetectable 

- [Fixed] Main AO Not Respawning On Server Start (Attempt 3)

- [Fixed] Lush Bipod Not Being In The Arsenal Due To Incorrect Class Name

- [Tweaked] Jet And Helicopter Spawn Figures For The Main AO

- [Tweaked] Officer At Secure Intel Mission Is Now Weighed Down

- [Tweaked] Checks To Prevent Goalkeeper Spawning As BLUFOR

- [Tweaked] New Side Mission Cannot Be The Same As The Previous Two Side Missions

If You Have Any Feedback/Questions/Bug Reports/Inquiries, Please Leave Them In The Thread Below

11 minutes ago, Kacper said:

50% / 50%

A niech to wszyscy diabli!

😬

addional notes :

• Nyx rewards spawn chance  needs to be raised big time,its very comon getting 3 Nyx on 10 side missions (or less)
  • enemy air count is on a way better level than previous versions,finally the AAjets finally got a need

2 hours ago, Kacper said:

How about randomizing viper/spetsnaz units spawning in the AO? 50% / 50%

This is the current situation:

There is a 2/3 chance that a recon team will be chosen from the following selection of teams: recon patrol (1/5), recon team (1/5), recon squad (1/5) and viper team (2/5).

In the other 1/3rd of cases a recon team will be chosen from the following selection of teams: recon patrol (1/4), recon team (1/4) and viper team (2/4).  These units spawn with tanoa camo. 

The amount of recon teams spawned per AO are:

-Less than 10 players: 1

-Between 10 and 20: 2

-Between 20 and 30: 1

-Between 30 and 40: 2

-Between 40 and 50: 3

-More than 50: 4

The reason for the 1 in case of between 20 and 30 players is that other teams (specifically AA and AT teams) have increased.

With the current arsenal restrictions spetsnaz units cannot be spawn as there are spetnaz uniforms in the arsenal.  When contact came out it was decided to give players that gear and not spawn spetnaz units. 

2 hours ago, TheScar said:

Nyx rewards spawn chance  needs to be raised big time,its very comon getting 3 Nyx on 10 side missions (or less)

Wait, I'm confused, do you want more or less nyx rewards?

2 hours ago, TheScar said:

enemy air count is on a way better level than previous versions,finally the AAjets finally got a need

In the next update they're going to be trimmed back a bit due to there not always being enough experienced enough players on to deal with this new enemy air threat.  New numbers will be:

-Less than 10 players: 0 jets, 0 helis

-between 10 and 30: 0 jets, 1 heli

-between 30 and 40: 1 jet, 1-2 helis

-between 40 and 50: 1 jet, 2 helis

-more than 50: 2 jets, 2 helis

These numbers do not take the subobjective into account.  There is a 3/6 chance that a subobjective that spawns enemy jets spawns with the AO  (1/6 HQ, 2/6 RT) which will spawn a jet 30 seconds to 1,5 minutes after an AO spawns and will continue spawning new jets every 12 to 20 minutes. 

Yuz, in the haste of yesterday's events I mixed up raising and lowering in my statement.

It meant to be "less" Nyx numbers in result

☺️

I pitty the change in jet numbers, as I felt current released version was just spot on (maybe a tad over hihi) but I do acknowledge the usual Bambi won't agree with me here.

Fun thing, it divided good pilots from bad ones pretty quickly 😂

for me, the jet numbers are pretty much irrelevant, only the overall lock-on missile count matters. I dont have an issue with jets chasing me and my trusty hummingbird down with guns, since the increased enemy jet numbers would provide target practice and purpose for our CAP jets, but the number of lock-on missiles if ground and air based sources summed up on AO spawn basically grounds vortex and constantly punishing them for doing EVACs.

If i would suggest anything, i would say, limit the number of AA missile numbers at any given time-averaged ofc- to a low number (ZSU definitely has a lock-on missile, but manpads can be switched to 2 rpg rockets instead and maybe limit the enemy jet ammo count, switch a few to cas instead of cap should you choose to keep the jet numbers preserved at current state).

RPGs are still a threat, actually can be evaded and requires skill instead of relying on flares which work or not half the time depending on desync. RPGs would provide a bit more cinematic environment by passing close to the helicopters while providing a credible threat on final at the LZ, still makes a difference if you are a good enough pilot or not, instead of instantly punishing everyone who happens to be in the air whenever an AO spawns (the 30 seconds lower treshold of jet spawn on new AO is a tad bit deadly, considering  the when and where of an AO finish and the new one spawns is really out of the hands of a pilot plus taking into account that 80% of eu1 infantry players will still ask and cry for an evac when the next AO is 500 meters away regardless of their ammocount)

with the current state, on new ao spawn on a moderately busy day (sidemission, priority target etc not taken into count), 2 enemy jets, 3 ZSU, -and ill be conservative here- lets say 5 manpads at the AO. That gives at least 20 lock-on missiles. Situation turns into jesus take the wheel real quick when you fly towards an AO, it just finishes when you are trying to land tucked safley behind a hill, covered from the now old AO and the next one spawns just behind you because somebody on the other side of the old AO killed the last guy in just that moment. Even if you make it out of there, (worst case) in 30 seconds at least one of the 2 jets will still chase you down with 2-4 lock on missiles launched in a relatively short period of time and you have to pray that the flares will actually work (i know that flares arent magical energy shields on a buttonpress, but they are not nearly 80% efficient even if you correctly lead the missile and evade while you are dumping them).

Now top that with a jet or helicopter factory mission, RT/HQ building, or even just one AAA battery, vortex will be pretty much grounded for 40-50% of AO uptime, and getting up friendly CAP will be close to impossible after a few minutes- which is kind of optimistic if you take into account that a vortex pilot spots the situation, needs to get back to base to switch to CAP from transport and get into position.

A few of you know me, hailing tracers around my cockpit is considered another day in the office, it is a calculated situation that i deliberately put myself into on occasions. A missile convoy that happens to be launched at me because of sheer luck (or lack of it to be more exact) because the AO spawns under me and the enemy jet spawn timer is just happened to be 30 seconds, well, where is the fun, the challenge, the requirement of skill, the sporint chance in that.

But thats just my two cents.

Let me start by listing the amount of AA spawned by an AO.  A few things to note before I do: all these units, like any unit spawned by an AO, have limited ammo.  For AA-teams this is (iirc) 2 rockets per AA unit, of which there are 2, plus an assistant with another 2 rocket for a total of 6 AA rockets per AA team.  A tigris has a launcher with 4 rockets ready to fire and an additional 4 it reloads if those rockets are spend.  And a nyx-AA also carries 4 rockets ready to launch and an additional 4 it can reload. (again, iirc)  Neither tigris's nor AA teams have the ability to rearm. 

When an IFV is spawned by the AO there is a 1 in 6 chance that it'll be a nyx AA.

So, the numbers of what spawns with an AO:

Less than 10 players: 1 tigris, 1 IFV and 1 AA team

10 to 20 players: 1-2 tigris's, 1-2 IFVs and 1 AA team

20 to 30 players: 1-2 tigris's, 1-2 IFVs and 2 AA teams

30 to 40 players: 2 tigris's, 2 IFVs and 2 AA teams

40 to 50 players 2-3 tigris's, 2-3 IFVs and 2 AA teams

50 to 60 players 2-4 tigris's, 2-4 IFVs and 3 AA teams.

AA teams will always do a circular patrol in the other 10% of the AO and no more than 6 manpads will ever be present in an AO.  Both tigris's and IFVs will drive back and forth in the AO.

Now about the jets:  Jets will spawn on an airfield, stationary.  The AI will have to take off and fly to the AO before it can start engaging anything.  This will easily take a minute or 2. 

The AA priority mission was designed to ground all friendly air assets.  Leniency was already build in a while ago, that AA battery will only start firing 30 seconds after the objective spawns.  Giving pilots enough time to get low enough to avoid being targeted by it. 

The factory will not spawn a jet if there's more than 3 already up.  It will also only spawn a jet every 8 minutes minus the amount of players in the AO times 4 in seconds.

RPGs are not a threat to any competent pilot.  AI don't fire them at flying helicopters, only at landed helicopters.  And if you land in line of sight of AI they'll probably start shooting their rifles at you before they fire an RPG.  Meaning that you've got plenty of time to fly away.

Nobody is being punished by AOs spawning close to each-other.  Although the 5 pilots on might want to fly people around, 55 people who are using vehicles don't like to drive from one side of the island to the other.  I believe that the enjoyment of 55 outweighs that of 5.  And most, not all, AOs spawn far enough apart that you can land in the previous AO relatively safely from the new one.  Meaning that pilots can, as their role-description says they should, provide logistical support to the infantry by providing ammo drops instead of evacs.  At main base any chopper bigger than a hummingbird can load up a crate filled with the standard ammo that can be either paradroped somewhere or unloaded once a chopper is landed.  There's plenty of work for pilots that does not involve flying people around.  And if it turns out that there isn't we might as well take a pilot slot away. 

okay, my idea dump wasnt meant to criticize your balancing skills and your objective to keep 55 players' fun in sight. And believe me i know what the intention was/is with the AAA battery. But i think we can both agree, there are not always competent pilots and Scar - who kills jets in a kuma faster than any base defense system - around on the server, considering that and the increased threat of the jet spawn update and continued tweaking pose we might be able to say that the chance of 55 infantry being killed mid air significantly raised in certain hours of the day (ofc not all infantry dies at once, but ive seen cases when it took more than 7 transport runs until one eventually made it and continued to slowly get the ratio of 1in3 runs successful to the ao while a bunch stood around at base and a few began using hunters which there are not many since ppl load em up with at and drive around their personal arsenal, i assume that was the day when reportedly -paraphrasing here-"a lot of ppl complained about the jets").

Logistical support, ammobrops and slingloading is there i know, but if a transport who can fly close to the ground and dont even have to touch down while ppl eject is having a hard time because of the jets, well, imagine what a slingloading huron/ghosthawk would experience because of the altitude floor requirement and speed limit. You might say, well, load a crate in and do that, but there are times, when helicopters at the base sitting on the pad get constantly barraged by a wandering tigris, who decides that the AO is boring, lets drive 500 meters out of the circle and engage the empty helicopters siggint there, and jets trying to engage inside the protection zone, and if that doesnt work and wasted all their ammunition on the invisible forcefield, then just ram you out of the sky. you might say we have CAP jets for this reason, well, their life expectancy is around 5 min after takeoff, not just because there are too many enemy jets, you know what im talking about. I know there is a lot more to being a pilot than transporting ppl, a lot to do on the map doesnt necessarily means there is a lot of chance to do it in that environment.

Regarding the vehicle users, i would say driving 2.5-3 klicks aint that much more than driving 800-1200 meters, occasionally they get the wrong end of the stick too, they can be sitting on that very overwatch hill i meantioned in the pilot scenario, then the new AO spawns right under them. Happened more than a few times.

I merley offered a possible way to try to balance the situation out, bouncing ideas, maybe spark even a third way to solve it. I suggested something, a possible route or goal, not exact solution, which would probably increase quality of life for 5 and get them shot down a little less (i wasnt saying take out all AA so autohover landing will be safe, but prevent the situations like constantly getting shot down if you leave the h-barriers) one could say would increase the quality of life for the 55 others, who probably doesnt like the idea of getting shot down every single time they get in a heli and leave the landing pad for solid 20 minutes or as alternative try to get a hunter when the AT rolling ammobox gets blown up.

If you threathen to take away a pilot slot if i make a suggestion which probably goes against certain set ideas, then why would i offer a different viewpoint in the future. I was reluctant to type out my suggestion, and i see it was somewhat useless to do it. Consider it case closed, you wont hear it again from me i promise, i dont want to argue about nothing.

I&A 3.3.39 Is Now Live On Our Servers With The Following Changes:

- [Fixed] Units From Sub Objectives Not Being Cleaned Up

- [Fixed] Side Mission Rewards Sometimes Spawning Locked

- [Fixed] Main AO Not Spawning On Server Start (Attempt 4)

- [Tweaked] Reduced Amount Of Jets On AO Spawn Slightly 

- [Tweaked] Side Mission Rewards Spawning Further Away To Prevent Exploding On Spawn

- [Tweaked] Partially Reverted Changes To Secure Intel (Officer) Side Mission From 3.3.38

If You Have Any Feedback/Questions/Bug Reports/Inquiries, Please Leave Them In The Thread Below