AWE Arsenal values

Just for information if someone else except me wondered about this:

According to @GhostDragon the values that the Arsenal on AWE offers are mostly wrong.:o So even on the server the values from the normal Virtual Arsenal are indeed the correct ones.:)

So if you want to optimize your loadouts: better do them in the Virtual Arsenal.;)

15 hours ago, Noah_Hero said:
@MoonFire not that I give anything about this forum rep. But I was wondering for what the downvote is?:lol:

@Noah_Hero

Nothing against you it's just when you say you should always do your loadouts in vertual arsenal, its just from a new players point of view it could be a nightmare for them because, they could make a kit which they think will work but when they try and load into the server then load there kit and realise that they couldn't use half the stuff they have added.

But I also like to point out ye its a good idea for an experienced player to do so because they know what they need to make a working load out which works for them and worls for the server.

1 hour ago, MoonFire said:

you should always do your loadouts in vertual arsenal

Haven´t said that.

I just said that it´s better because you get the correct stats. Because when doing it on the Server then you´ll maybe use gear that actually offers no protection but you assume that it does (for example the UCP/OCP Uniforms). And that is in my opinion the most important point.:)

1 hour ago, MoonFire said:

they could make a kit which they think will work but when they try and load into the server then load there kit and realise that they couldn't use half the stuff they have added.

Well that would basically only be happening if they do let´s say an AR-kit with a Marksman rifle or when they use Opfor gear.:lol: But I would assume that a new player has been at least once on the server when he does a loadout for it => he has a basic enough understanding in what gear is allowed.;)

1 hour ago, Noah_Hero said:

correct stats.

But the arsenal on the server gives you the correct stats grab it leave and look at it in the inventory and it will show you the armour level.

But I would assume that a new player has been at least once on the server

Assuming something is never the best thing to do, as in assuming that a new player who has been on the server at least once will not make him instantly understand what he can and cannot take into the AO.  For example he might like playing as a Rifleman, he might go to said virtual arsenal and look I dunno a M16A4 and go ye i'll use that, thats a Riflemans weapon right?  Wrong he will then join the server and then find out that the weapon that he wanted to us cannot be used by a Rifleman. RIP.

23 minutes ago, MoonFire said:

But the arsenal on the server gives you the correct stats

Nope. Grab an UCP uniform in the Arsenal and you´ll see that it according to that Arsenal offers explosive protection what of course is wrong. So when comparing uniforms/vests/helmets you`ll definitly want to use the virtual arsenal.

look at it in the inventory and it will show you the armour level

Yes it will and I even never said that the inventory gives you wrong stats. this post is only about the Arsenal. Not the inventory. But I wouldn´t recommend this way because 1. it takes quite a long time to grab every differnt vest, etc, get out of the arsenal, go to your inventory and have a look at what the protection level is and 2. the protection the gear offers is not always exactly the same in the same protection category. So overall you´ll be faster and more accurate when using the virtual arsenal.

For example he might like playing as a Rifleman, he might go to said virtual arsenal and look I dunno a M16A4 and go ye i'll use that, thats a Riflemans weapon right?  Wrong he will then join the server and then find out that the weapon that he wanted to us cannot be used by a Rifleman. RIP.

Poor guy than he´ll actually need to get one(!) other weapon out of the arsenal and maybe even one(!) different mag if he actually should´ve changed that what most likely wont be the case since we are talking about total beginners.

I mean I can totally see your point Moon but only thing I was pointing out was that if you want to make a loadout it is the better choice to make that in the virtual Arsenal because there you have the correct stats. It´s not like I am saying that a kit made on AWE is a disaster. It is just based on wrong stats and because of that you will most likely be able to do a better optimized loadout when building it with the Virtual Arsenal. I really can´t see what is wrong about that. But because of your fear that new guys might be ending up by spending another two minutes at the arsenal because they builded a loadout that contains a weapon that is blacklisted and they now have to decide wich other weapon they take I will edit the last sentece to "So if you want to optimize your loadouts: better do them in the Virtual Arsenal.;)".:lol: But still I really don´t see this as a problem since you can load loadouts that contain blacklisted items on AWE.;)

4 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

Poor guy than he´ll actually need to get one(!) other weapon out of the arsenal and maybe even one(!) different mag if he actually should´ve changed that what most likel wont be the case since we are talking about total beginners.

But I said leave the arsenal and look in your inventory, HOVER over the item and it will tell you stats.

But I would assume that a new player has been at least once on the server when he does a loadout for it

6 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

bout total beginners.

But you mentioned about players who played at least once on the server which implies that they are beginners, so please explain on where you are going with this please? 

17 minutes ago, MoonFire said:

But I said leave the arsenal and look in your inventory, HOVER over the item and it will tell you stats.

yes the protection level. That is no detailed stat that is only a general idea on how good the item is. But as said: In the same protection group (1, 2, 3, 4) the items can still have slightly different stats (ballistic protection, explosive protection, load, weight). And as also said: to optimize your loadout with your mentioned method you would need to get every vest/helmet/etc one by one out of the arsenal to be able to compare them in a general and not detailed way...doesn´t sounds like a good way to optimize things...

26 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

and maybe even one(!) different mag if he actually should´ve changed that what most likely wont be the case since we are talking about total beginners.

This sentence says that a total beginner (someone who maybe just once has been on the server and now is making a loadout) will probably not change the ammo since he probably hasn´t read through stats and because of that probably doesn´t know how the different ammo effects the damage etc. => he doesn´t even needs to change one magazin but instead only select a new weapon in the arsenal that is whitelisted.

This sentence says that a total beginner (someone who maybe just once has been on the server and now is making a loadout) will probably not change the ammo since he probably hasn´t read through stats and because of that probably doesn´t know how the different ammo effects the damage etc. => he doesn´t even needs to change one magazin but instead only select a new weapon in the arsenal that is whitelisted.

Okay last post with the arsenal all you really need to know is the protection value because it gives you a general idea on what kind of protection it gives you. And talking about weight its not exactly the biggest issue as in uniforms vests and uniforms obviously adds weight its more of an insight of what you put in then is the biggest issue when it comes to adding weight, as in well I use to have the habit of trying to fill out everything as in the uniforms and vests to the maximum (don't ask me why it was a habit). All I'm trying to imply that its not always the best idea to keep doing your kits in virtual arsenal thats it.

37 minutes ago, MoonFire said:

all you really need to know is the protection value because it gives you a general idea on what kind of protection it gives you. And talking about weight its not exactly the biggest issue as in uniforms vests and uniforms obviously adds weight its more of an insight of what you put in then is the biggest issue when it comes to adding weight, ...

All I'm trying to imply that its not always the best idea to keep doing your kits in virtual arsenal thats it.

totally on your side!:) But when it comes to optimization (and with that I mean like getting rid of 500g /getting THE BEST possible protection/etc) there is no way you can pass the virtual arsenal. But for getting a general overview on what is allowed on the server the arsenal on the server definitly is the best option.:)