Help understanding Modding

I'm trying to add a few things to my Amra III info, ie, virtual ammo box, and a few other little goodies. For whatever reason though I am having a hard time understanding how to get the scripts I have downloaded from armaholic to work. I guess all in all I'm looking for a more user friendly set of instructions that I can actually understand. I have no experience coding at all, but I am finding in order for me to really unlock the potential of Arma games i need to be able to not only understand what I am looking at but be able to use that to mod/improve personal game play.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Kilo 

I am happy to announce that I have come to the realization that I have been over thinking the entire process. These videos have now unlocked this game for me. Again Richie thank you, As now not only can I do the custom boxes, but you all can look forward to some intense Single Player action that I am currently working on. 3 of the missions that I have slated for development come from real world actions carried out by the US ARMY from the years 2003-2009, Depending on maps and other things I may even be able to do more of those types of missions. I am SOOOOOO excited now, I can't wait to post my first mission file for you guys. I hope you will enjoy it!