Jets DLC

MoonFire

1 minute ago, JaSmAn said:

I am looking forward to some features, but I don't think Arma needs more jets. Radar will be a good addition.

If only Bohemia could work on the AI. Now that, I would pay for!

@JaSmAn I think the AI is fine as it is because we have mods that does that for us hahaha.

Finally we will be able to edit our own loadouts on the vanilla jets without any mods needed which in my opinion should have been in since the beginning or at least early on.

1 hour ago, Chutnut said:

Well the DLC is availible on the dev brach atm, Try it out there if you want

Ye we know we have already been on it since it came to dev branch just cannot wait for the "polished" full realise to be out 

HIIHIHIIHI, I got it thanks to a friend at launch (Thanks Dan :D ). I felt like a kid in the candy store with the new jets and UCAV. I haven't tried out the carrier yet and the new radar has many secrets still. Someone mind to drop a link to someplace that explains the radar more?

Oh oh, just found this one the Bohemia website:

"removed nametags on lock icons and automatic recognition and red-coloring of enemy targets. ID your target before you shoot!"

10/10 would get bombed  by a friendly again :P

I  realise helicopters' third-person view also acts like jet. I prefer the camera pan to be at a 30-degree angle instead of zoomed in to the tail.

Anybody has any suggestion what button to be used for Xi'an' and Blackfish's air brakes? Currently the X button interferes with the vectoring.

1 hour ago, Amentes said:

I switched air brake to the button left or 1 and above Tab during Dev. Seems to work well there, as it's within reasonably comfortable reach of the resting hand position on WASD.

I like it. Will try out the suggestion.

Logged on last night and the Jets DLC had reset most of my controls, took me ages to sort it all out.

Then I wondered why the rangefinders were't finding ranges, keybind required, fine but feels like pointless busy work for the sake of it.

To annoy me further, OBS had an update and reset my settings as well.

And on top of that I couldn't hit the side of a barn due to desync (and me being a bit of a crap shot last night as well).

I blame the Jets DLC for all of this, especially my crappy aim.

:Angry-min:

15 hours ago, GamerbugUK said:

To annoy me further, OBS had an update and reset my settings as well.

That's strange. I find my settings untouched.

15 hours ago, GamerbugUK said:

And on top of that I couldn't hit the side of a barn due to desync (and me being a bit of a crap shot last night as well).

Desync is still bad.

I don't know if its relevant, but one thing that happened to me after the DLC update was that all of my saved arsenals were gone. I had to re-do them and save them again from scratch. So far (based on me browsing the BI and steam forums), i'm the only one who had this problem (atleast i didnt find any other thread/post about this issue).

Other than that, yeah, on AWE i did come across some bad desynch and some weird frame drops here and there, but i didn't put the DLC to blame, i thought it might just have been my end or something. 

If i see anything else thats out of the ordinary i might post about it (if i deem it important enough to trouble you with)...

Regards,

Theronas