New here. Seasoned DayZ player, noob on the actual battlefield

PBG.UndeadBBQ

Hello there, all. I'm a fresh Arma player, as in, I only ever played DayZ and Battle Royal in that game. I've recently watched a lot of Luetin's content and got antsy about both playing and making Zeus missions.

Realizing I have to play them first before I can get a good feeling for how to make them, I followed the red brick links and ended up here. This seems like a great community, both for beginners and advanced players, if my first assessment is correct.

Given my experience with the game I'm reasonably well versed in Infantry movement, but not squad play and command hierarchies. Or in other words, I know how to hit a target, but I don't know how to designate one for someone else to hit it. Also... never give me anything that flies. Just don't. I fly like a drunk and land like a rock. I'm a good sniper, though, if we're looking for specialities.

When it comes to Zeus, I "only" have my experience as a Leveldesigner and RPG Gamemaster, but no actual knowledge of how to build and operate a Zeus mission. I kinda hope to find someone I can just watch and learn from, and maybe assist in the setup and operation of his mission, to be honest.

I'm looking forward to any games I play with you guys here.

Hi PBG.UndeadBBQ,

if you are looking for Zeus missions and more team-oriented gaming as you described than you´ll love AWE! There is very often someone Zeusing and sometimes a Zeus is even setting up a whole new Zeus-mission. If you want to find out more about what the server is about, how things work or if you just need help at setting up mods etc: Just ask!:) Also here are some links about AWE for you below.:)

Here is a guide on how to install the mods and tfar: https://forums.ahoyworld.net/topic/3174-how-to-install-the-ahoyworld-enhanced-and-public-mods-install-tfar/

Rules and other Guides (like how to lead fireteams for example) can be found here: https://forums.ahoyworld.net/forum/96-guides/

And finally you can find the server password here: https://forums.ahoyworld.net/topic/7855-server-password/

Hope to see you soon on the battlefield

Noah_Hero :)

1 hour ago, PBG.UndeadBBQ said:

Given my experience with the game I'm reasonably well versed in Infantry movement, but not squad play and command hierarchies.

To play in a casual environment, U can hop in EU 1, 2 and 4. If U want a little more structured hierarchy, AWE is the place to be in.

1 hour ago, PBG.UndeadBBQ said:

When it comes to Zeus, I "only" have my experience as a Leveldesigner and RPG Gamemaster, but no actual knowledge of how to build and operate a Zeus mission. I kinda hope to find someone I can just watch and learn from, and maybe assist in the setup and operation of his mission, to be honest.

If U play more and contribute in the forums, do consider applying for spartan membership once U have met the requirements.

Anyway, welcome!