OPERATION RED ROVER: AWE Game Night, Friday May 5, 1930 GMT (1530 EST)

Ryko

Seeing as Christiansen is away this Friday, MSO is on hold for one more week. In the meantime, I will be running...

OPERATION RED ROVER

When: Friday May 5, 1930 GMT (1530 EST) (YOUR TIME ZONE)

Server Opens at 1915 GMT

Briefing / Planning: 1930

Mission Start: 2000

Map: BYSTRICA, 0530 HRS ~1989

Mods: Standard EU3

First person lock: No

Loadouts: Pre-set

Respawns: NONE (!)

Mission Length: ~120 minutes

Factions: BLUFOR (US ARMY) vs OPFOR (RUSSIAN)

JIP: YES, until 2000 GMT: Latecomers and respawns -> Spectate

SIGNUP FORM HERE

OVERVIEW

Hostilities between the Russian armed forces and the US Army in Bystrica have come to a head, and SATSCAN shows a major armor push from the north of at least three Russian armored platoons.  Your platoon is all that stands between the Russians and a complete takeover of the region. Russian armor is composed of T-72, T-80, BMP-2, BTR-80 and ZSU-234 and may or may not be protected by some form of air cover.

US ASSETS:

4x M1A1 Abrams

2x M2A2 Bradley

2x 6-man infantry fire teams

4x AH-64A Apache

1x Logistics team

1x Command team

Untitled-1.jpg

Any questions, put 'em in this thread.

- R

SIGNUP FORM HERE

I love this map, finally, thanks Ryko.
I hope that we will be able to choose people as co-pilots or tank crew, - therefore making the possibly best pilot & co-pilot teams and best coordinated tank crews.

Also, a little better overview - terrain map.

154298arma2oa2012073118402247.jpg

First person lock: No

:( First person lock changes the dynamic of playing in a tank drastically. The inability to quickly scan your surroundings with a single mouse movement makes it a little bit more stressful and more interesting in my opinion.

US ASSETS:

4x M1A1 Abrams

2x M2A2 Bradley

2x 6-man infantry fire teams

4x AH-64A Apache

1x Logistics team

1x Command team

Will all of those assets be used? That's a total of 6 armour pieces and 4 apaches.

this looks like a uphill battle may i sugest giving bluefor a dedicated mine laying team to dellay the russian advace and block them from doing some epic flanks. the reason i am asking for the mine team is that it looks like the combat zone is gone be rather large  and adding no respawns its gone be a war of atrision and a wel placed mine feald wil hold the flanks for some time.

3 minutes ago, LEO said:

this looks like a uphill battle may i sugest giving bluefor a dedicated mine laying team to dellay the russian advace and block them from doing some epic flanks. the reason i am asking for the mine team is that it looks like the combat zone is gone be rather large  and adding no respawns its gone be a war of atrision and a wel placed mine feald wil hold the flanks for some time.

Leo and his little mine-laying group of psycho's. 
Yes please <3

18 minutes ago, Arkod said:

:( First person lock changes the dynamic of playing in a tank drastically. The inability to quickly scan your surroundings with a single mouse movement makes it a little bit more stressful and more interesting in my opinion.

Will all of those assets be used? That's a total of 6 armour pieces and 4 apaches.

1. Some, unknown, people always cry about the first person.

2. If you consider the scale of Russian Advance, and the no-respawn, it is just enough. 
To be honest i expect that at least two of the Apache's are gonna be lost in the first 30 min of the game-night.

Thank you @Ryko for your work in making this operation! Is there going to be a Zeus? I hope the stated facts about the operation remain fixed or if changed everybody will get a notice in advance. I see some already act like they have reserved slots and even more would already like to reserve slots for "friends" ...  if so, i think is fair to know the already reserved slots.... direct or indirect bullying for the "cool" assets is becoming a habit and i don't think it is in the spirit of Arma or AWE... and should abruptly and for good stop.

The real life Bystrica river

13530978-Small-energy-dam-on-Bistrita-river-Stock-Photo.jpg

5 hours ago, LEO said:

Sounds like a job for LOGI;) #alwaysLOGI ;)

I'm generally fine with 3rd person for non TvT game nights, but personally I'm strictly first person.  If the majority of the server wants 1st person and there is no hue and cry against it, I'm perfectly happy to run it locked to 1st person.

4 hours ago, Amentes said:

Hi, my name is Unknown :)

No secret that I prefer 1st, but as long as people adhere to the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy, it's all good.

I hate it when people tell me what they can see over the wall.

You didn't get me there, i mean some people cry not liking the 1st person.

Im full up for it.

So if there is an option, lets lock it to 1st person.

do we have eny aditonal ditails on the potions that we are defending? the kind of info i am curius abaut is where our spawn point is located and where are the munitions dump located and eny aditional assets that need to be defended ? also what kind of duetis wil logi be serving.