First Aid question.

Better use this guide:

and this spreadsheet: (the effectiveness values at the different wound-types are meant like: when there is a 1 it can patch up one small of these wouds, at a 2 it can patch a medium wound and at a 3 it can patch a large one; the chance of reopening is self explaining I think; and the Minimum and Maximum times from and until when the wound can reopen are in seconds.)ACE Bandages.JPG

Don´t use the Guide/Spreadsheet from the ACE Wiki because it is outdated by a lot!:wacko:

Hope I could´ve helped you

Noah_Hero :)

actually QuickClots are mostly performing better (and they have the same reopening times) this is because of their lower reopening chance => you may need two QCs for a large wound instead of 1 PB, but they probably won´t reopen where the PB mostly has a pretty high chance to reopen => you´ll also need two but the second one maybe while you are taking fire

Usually I use:

• Abrasion:
    • small, medium: QC (it gets the job done with a low chance of reopening)
    • large: PB (it gets the job done with a good reopening time)
    • more than large: PB/QC (depending on how many wounds you have)
  • Avulsion:
    • all: QC (the reopening chance is the best and the reopening time is by far better then the one of Basics)
  • Crush:
    • all: Basic (the chance of reopening is so low that I don´t mind the fast reopening time because it is just super unlikely that it actually reopens)
  • Cut:
    • all: Basic (the chance of reopening is super low and the reopening time is moderate)
  • Laceration:
    • small, medium, large: QC (Because time, chance and effectiveness are ok and the reopening time at Basics is just too short)
    • more than large: PB (because you would need too much QCs)
  • Velocity:
    • all: QC (obviously PB and Elastic are a no go when you wan´t to return to combat and QCs have a better reopening chance than the Basic ones)
  • Puncture:
    • all: QC (obviously PB and Elastic are a no go when you wan´t to return to combat and QCs have a way better reopening time than the Basic ones)

we are talking reopening for PB of about 10+ minutes which is long enough for taking care of it later, by the soldier himself, or the mission will be over anyway. time is critical when first treating the wounds and usually you need twice the amount of QCs = twice the time at the one patient, more supplies used up right away. plus figuring the kind of each wound in ace... not really worth it in my opinion.

1 minute ago, radek said:

we are talking reopening for PB of about 10+ minutes which is long enough for taking care of it later

same goes for QCs

1 minute ago, radek said:

usually you need twice the amount of QCs = twice the time at the one patient, more supplies used up right away

to avoid this I use different bandages for different wound types and sizes as you can seen in my list above.

2 minutes ago, radek said:

figuring the kind of each wound in ace... not really worth it in my opinion.

well easy to do when using the medical menu instead of the ace interaction menu and definitly worth it. For example there is just no good reason why you would prefere a PB instead a Basic onto a cut wound. Or why would you patch a velocity or laceration wound with PBs instead of with QCs when you know that this one will definitly reopen with PBs? Also the new Gauntlet version is designed in a way that people shouldn´t RTB after every mission but instead directly go to the next one => the wound will reopen when you are in combat again.

7 minutes ago, radek said:

apply time and storage space are per treatment, not bandage type.

I know but still:

14 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

to avoid this I use different bandages for different wound types and sizes as you can seen in my list above.

because you not always need more QCs. When I could use 1 PB or two QCs to fix a large wound and the reopening chance of the PBs is not too bad than I will also use the PBs but when it´s a medium wound and I would need either 1 PB or 1QC than I´ll take the QC because of the better stats. You can see this for example here:

38 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

Abrasion:

• small, medium: QC (it gets the job done with a low chance of reopening)
  • large: PB (it gets the job done with a good reopening time)
  • more than large: PB/QC (depending on how many wounds you have)

It´s not that I am saying PBs are bad. I am just saying that you can perform better when using the best bandages for the situation/wounds instead of just always spamming PBs.