GREUH Liberation

Amentes

Question

20 answers to this question

Hello,

I have spend some time playing liberation on altis (locally) and must say that it was a really fun time. You get this awesome feeling of satisfaction when your income (based on perfomance) grows and unlocks more things. Also the base building is addictive.

Would be nice to see this done professionally and with ranks and chain of command etc...

I'm all for it.

Theronas.

7 minutes ago, Amentes said:

There really aren't any complex systems to learn for the average player.

Actually I meant time required (or not) to play, I phrased that very wrong :blink:.

Beauty of I&A is I might have 30 mins, might have 3 hours, doesn't matter, if people are relying on me to be there for 2 hours then I'd probably disappoint them.

While you will encounter some travel time, it shouldn't be more than you could experience on I&A.

Theoretically, a group of players could be sent out to an objective, and if any of them should die in the field they could simply be put into an entirely new group made up of other players who died.

Or they could be shipped back to their original group of course, though depending on what the group is doing, it may be easier said than done.

With Liberation, I expect it would require a minimum of one hour to do something meaningful. Keeping people around for the duration is obviously preferred, but even if the entire server were to run a one- or two-hour session length, the scenario could still function as intended.

It may be worth mentioning that Liberation does present some scenarios that could make a parachute insertion an actual honest to god good idea. I think some of you will like that :P

As far as i remember, Liberation saves the game status. That means it would be possible to continue where left of the last time.

That way you wouldnt have to force the entire event into a single event/playthrough at one time.

You could like create a large event, and split it into missions, like 1 - 2 hours per mission, and the show goes on next time etc....

Theronas.

1 hour ago, Theronas said:

You could like create a large event, and split it into missions, like 1 - 2 hours per mission, and the show goes on next time etc....

Theronas.

That's kind of what the entire idea is about mate :P

It will take multiple sessions, but it doesn't have to be the same people showing up for them.

Like i said, im all for it. I havent heard the name Liberation in over a year to be honest, and i had forgoten all about it. You also don't find many Liberation public servers online. To be honest, i spend some of my best times in Arma playing liberation.

If i can be of any assistance do let me know :)

Regards,
Theronas

Sounds great to me! To address the problems of time and such we may still want to have EU#2 available as normal I&A for the duration of Liberation incase people simply don't want to participate. Other than the possibly long waiting times, it sounds amazing!

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sounds great to me! To address the problems of time and such we may still want to have EU#2 available as normal I&A for the duration of Liberation incase people simply don't want to participate. Other than the possibly long waiting times, it sounds amazing!

I don't see this replacing EU1, or even EU2, at least not initially, it'd be like EU5 or something.

49 minutes ago, radek said:

how does Liberation compare to Antistasi? i like antistasi and from the description they sound similar, but Antistasi having more command/action freedom.

Haven''t played Antistasi. Just had a read on it.

They do indeed seem to be very similar in what they attempt to achieve. I can see points in the favor of either.

9 minutes ago, GamerbugUK said:

I don't see this replacing EU1, or even EU2, at least not initially, it'd be like EU5 or something.

Yeah, I can't imagine a scenario where this would replace #1 or #2.

I'd like to imagine there'd be some players on those servers who might find it interesting though, just as I think a command structure might attract some who don't frequent the AW I&A servers.

Looking ever deeper into Antistasi, I get the feeling it would be much better suited to non-public play. It looks like a lot of fun, but I'm having a hard time imagining it being run effectively with public players coming and going.