Medic stuff and side note

Norris

Question

Hey, so I do like all these ideas a lot! As for the medic side of it I personally use a unarmed hunter to drive around the AO as a medic to revive people. From memory in most cases there has been no medic around the downed player and the closest medic was on the other side of the AO, they were 90% surprised to see me roll up in a hunter just to revive them. Now there have been times where I have been looking at the map to see if a medic is playing his role as sometimes there is a medic that goes around a big group of friendlies and is concentrating on the fire fight instead of concentrating on playing his/her role, now I have gotten maybe about half way to the downed player in the hunter or just rolled up to them to find that the player has finally seen the downed player and has either revived them or is in the process of reviving them.

Side note: I forget who said it about there not being a Admin or Zeus player on.... I've noticed that most of the Admins are based in the Europe region and there are a lot of players in the North American region so when the Admins are signing off there are players signing on...I don't know if you should have a more diverse group of admins so that there is coverage on the server all the time because when I sign on there are mostly always no admins on and the players tend to abuse things more often when they know there is no admin online. Just a thought though as I know there is a application for the admin role and there is a message that pops up on the server at the beginning of the game saying youre always on the lookout for admins. Again just a thought.

Oh and I posted this before but maybe implement a system of players being able to STABILIZE the downed player giving the medic time to get there. Again just another thought.

8 answers to this question

Oh and I posted this before but maybe implement a system of players being able to STABILIZE the downed player giving the medic time to get there. Again just another thought.

how-about-no-dr-evil-e1476384882692.jpg

it conflicts with the "play your class" direction I+A is running,giving anyone the capability to "expand" their job will end in abuse.

sooner or later.

I agree it raises the teamplay part to a certain amount,but only by "senior" ARMA players and we sure both agree,alto EU1# and 2# have a decently mixed crowd of all sorts of skilled players,in the end propably max. 5-10% will even make use of this idea.

Then there´s the problem of implementation to the existing medic system and changes to mission.

I just dont see that being worth the effort.

kisses

Side note: I forget who said it about there not being a Admin or Zeus player on.... I've noticed that most of the Admins are based in the Europe region and there are a lot of players in the North American region so when the Admins are signing off there are players signing on...I don't know if you should have a more diverse group of admins so that there is coverage on the server all the time because when I sign on there are mostly always no admins on and the players tend to abuse things more often when they know there is no admin online.

this is a thing that been on AHOY for the past years - as AHOY is more EU than Infidel Land you sure got more admins/ZEUS from the european region and those people keep up to the EUtimes of game´ing.Altho from my stats there´s a "dead-zone" of admins available around 2-6 o clock AM (CET+1time).

Mikey filled that zone mostly if you called fo an admin in console (he s from sheepland = NewZealand).Not sure if he s still around,read from him 5-6 weeks ago (in console).

In a ideal construction,you´d have 3 EU admins,2 US admins for each server and best if they usually online on different (main)playtimes.

Then again,admins need to be known members of the community that should know their playerbase and how to work them.

Also,the workload of admins need to be cut by far - as they r players too.

16 minutes ago, Norris said:

Side note: I forget who said it about there not being a Admin or Zeus player on.... I've noticed that most of the Admins are based in the Europe region and there are a lot of players in the North American region so when the Admins are signing off there are players signing on...I don't know if you should have a more diverse group of admins so that there is coverage on the server all the time because when I sign on there are mostly always no admins on and the players tend to abuse things more often when they know there is no admin online. Just a thought though as I know there is a application for the admin role and there is a message that pops up on the server at the beginning of the game saying youre always on the lookout for admins. Again just a thought.

I am thinking about it since I am from the South-East Asia... but let us see how it goes.

18 minutes ago, Norris said:

Now there have been times where I have been looking at the map to see if a medic is playing his role as sometimes there is a medic that goes around a big group of friendlies and is concentrating on the fire fight instead of concentrating on playing his/her role, now I have gotten maybe about half way to the downed player in the hunter or just rolled up to them to find that the player has finally seen the downed player and has either revived them or is in the process of reviving them.

By right, medic should be at the tail-end of a squad and riflemen should be dragging/carrying casualties to him. If the squad does get mowed down, medics should be in the thick of the action so that threat is neutralised.

24 minutes ago, Norris said:

Maybe we should try playing AWE (EU3) more often. There was once my treatment took me more than 20mins cos I had to replenish plasma during my first hour there...

47 minutes ago, fir_nev said:

Maybe we should try playing AWE (EU3) more often. There was once my treatment took me more than 20mins cos I had to replenish plasma during my first hour there...

ACE Medical is great fun, if you either know what you're doing or want to get better at it and have the wish, i think i can speak for all of AWE players missing that one bandage to be okay, more medics - everything chooches more better, you're invited!

7 minutes ago, Miczils said:

ACE Medical is great fun, i think if you either know what you're doing or want to get better at it and have the wish, i think i can speak for all of AWE players, more medics - operations choooch more better, you're invited!.

I am real combat medic but I got intimidated by ACE. Maybe I need @Spanky to mentor me on this.

2 minutes ago, fir_nev said:

I am real combat medic but I got intimidated by ACE. Maybe I need @Spanky to mentor me on this.

Well, i guess you're pretty lucky. 

Also if you ever join EU3 and ask to get attached to the Alpha Medic to learn some ACE Medical, 99% of cases the medic is gonna be happy to share his knowledge.

11 minutes ago, Miczils said:

Well, i guess you're pretty lucky. 

Also if you ever join EU3 and ask to get attached to the Alpha Medic to learn some ACE Medical, 99% of cases the medic is gonna be happy to share his knowledge.

Dat time difference... :DudeComeOn-min:

I will take up Ur suggestion to attach myself to ALPHA Medic when I join in. Remember: Whenever repository has an update, it will take me more than a week to complete the download.

Time_Diff.JPG

Back on topic, sme medics will be better than others and play the role more focused.

If I'm playing medic, I make sure it's my focus, but if an injured soldier is 600m away and there is a closer medic, I aint going to run to him (unless the other medic goes down).