Additions to I&A - JETS DLC

Doc

Question

Hello all,

Well I was wondering what the player-base and what the admins were thinking in regards to the new Jets DLC. 

For example,

- Will the new UCAV Drone be added in addition/replacement of the Greyhawks?

- Do you think the USS Freedom should be added somewhere on the map?

- Should we have dog-fighting/air-superiority side missions?

- Do you think more VORTEX slots should be added to accommodate the new planes?

- Should there be a permanent FOB set up on the USS Freedom (if added)

- Will the new jets even be added?

What do you guys think and what do you want to see?! 

I would like this to become a thread for the admins to see what the community wants in regards of the new DLC.

And admins, if you can, please tell us what you guys have decided on already! :)

--Doc

11 answers to this question

For me personally,

- I would like to see the new UCAV drone added to the drone pool, but not fully replace the greyhawks. Maybe have one like the Huron compared to the rest of the helicopters. 

- I also think that the USS Freedom should be added somewhere near the center of the map, in that "bay" right below the "main" airfield. I also think that it should be an FOB available for use. Primarily for VORTEX pilots to access the new Jets and possibly have the UCAV drone there. 

- I also think that dogfighting missions should be a thing over the main AO. Say when all Tigresses are destroyed, a enemy Jet spawns above and the only real way to take it out is to have a VORTEX pilot take a get and shoot it down. 

- I personally believe that we should add maybe 1 or 2 more VORTEX slots just to accommodate the new planes, if added that is. 

That is just my thoughts, maybe I'm just overly-excited and really want to see new things.

--Doc

5 hours ago, Doc said:

- I also think that dogfighting missions should be a thing over the main AO. //snipp // ... and the only real way to take it out is to have a VORTEX pilot take a get and shoot it down. 

- I personally believe that we should add maybe 1 or 2 more VORTEX slots just to accommodate the new planes, if added that is. 

batman+the+dark+knight+rises+gif+joker+g

I don't see the UCAV Sentinel interfering with the existing I&A setup. It would probably carry the same two GBU-12s that the current Greyhawk lineup does, and so the main difference would simply be its speed.

USS Freedom, could be an FOB, though it would only serve with boats and aircraft, which is a very big minus in that regard. I would be surprised if it was used because of that.

Personally, I am very disappointed in how much of an air-to-air focus has been put into the new jets. ArmA is based on infantry combat, and all vehicles are there to support the infantry. How it's always been in the past. Arma isn't well suited for air combat.
If the Dynamic Loadouts system turns out the way I hope, I see no reason why the Griffin and/or Black Wasp couldn't be added, as their loadout could be set and locked from spawn, limiting and/or changing their arsenal if necessary.
Hopefully we'll see more new weapons added. I'm personally very much looking forward to getting SDBs.

No more Vortex slots. In fact, remove one please.

Thing is there isn't anything that exciting to add to I&A from the jets DLC.

Sure add a few new jets and as Amentes said lock the weapons to suit the server, so now we have 6 jets instead of 3 that all do pretty much the same thing overall.

New drone, pretty much just that, good to go really, but it's just another drone.

Yep love the carrier as a FOB but as said only good for boat insertion and those are too slow to be viable, or have jets on deck there, just for flavour. Yeah sure you can have choppers there, but if none show up and ther are no baots you're very stuck.

Also aren't the jets specific to owners of the DLC? so limitations ther as well.

12 hours ago, Doc said:

For example,

- Will the new UCAV Drone be added in addition/replacement of the Greyhawks?

- Do you think the USS Freedom should be added somewhere on the map?

- Should we have dog-fighting/air-superiority side missions?

- Do you think more VORTEX slots should be added to accommodate the new planes?

- Should there be a permanent FOB set up on the USS Freedom (if added)

- Will the new jets even be added?

1. Maybe, I foresee the staff make it as part of Side Mission's rewards or in-mission purchase
  2. No, since talks of scraping underwater mission is underway
  3. No, we shouldn't. I already like how the current missions are infantry-centric
  4. No. 5 slots are already good enough for 4 transport : 1 CAS or 3 transport : 2 CAS
  5. Since point 2 is no, No
  6. Like point 1, maybe will be included as in-mission purchase (then we will see the setup they set in the pylon; will it be more to AA or CAS?)
    • I do hope Gryphon is the cheapest
    • F/A-181 Black Wasp II and To-201 Shikra should only be the conventional version

Wouldn't call it useless. Dynamic Loadouts is a very nice feature to finally get baked into Vanilla, and judging from the Black Wasp, we'll see JDAMs and SDBs added in, both of which would be great for supporting the infantry without being OP. Changes in the way targeting systems work generally make them more realistic, which in other words means making them less OP.

If you have decent pilots, two or three is plenty to facilitate transport. Sometimes there's crappy pilots on, but in the peak hours they get removed, and off-peak there are fewer people meaning the crappy pilot can simply be avoided, if he isn't removed.

It's not uncommon for me as a Spartan to sit in a Pilot slot, just waiting for a time when it actually makes sense for me to spool up a bird. Meanwhile doing the Spartan business :)

On 4/25/2017 at 10:42 AM, Amentes said:

I don't see the UCAV Sentinel interfering with the existing I&A setup. It would probably carry the same two GBU-12s that the current Greyhawk lineup does, and so the main difference would simply be its speed.

What about stealth? Like for example, it does not show up on radar, and can not be locked on to (unless bay doors are open) ?

To be honest i lack some of the realism when it comes to stealth on Arma. Other examples are Blackfoot and Ghosthawk. The initial design in them are geared towards stealth, but in-game there is nothing stealthy about any of them except skin appearance.

That sentinel should be silent/invisible death from above.

Regards,
Theronas.