Make HEMTT Medical Great Again! Pretty Please?

fir_nev

Question

Hello All,

I appreciate the call for 'Clear Vehicle Inventory' has been answered and implemented.

Now, with the public players occupying medic slots and dying in the AO leaving infantry helpless, we need a radical solution! We need players who know their stuff to set up Battalion Casualty Station (BCS). @Patrik and @Doc, please correct me as I am typing this without any reference.

To have a BCS, we need a vehicle with certain attribute. The ability to HEAL, which only HEMTT Medical has. Not just that, I ask for the vehicle to be bestowed with the ability to REVIVE incapacitated players. This is so that they can be dragged or carried away from the action for treatment/revive and continue the fight in AO. It will cut down the respawn frequency and reduce waiting time if the server is lacking pilots.

Before this can be done, I strongly suggest

1. fix the revive bug
  2. set the damage model to basic so that players can appreciate medic's role
  3. allow chat for downed casualties
  4. whatever is written by @GamerbugUK in the linked post below

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yes! I miss rolling in a Med HEMTT as an AT soldier back in I&A 2.8.x

Edited by fir_nev
Content

11 minutes ago, GamerbugUK said:

Prob with the Taru is it is CSAT, and lets face it if you see CSAT you open fire.

:Horror-min:Sad but true... Have U seen Taru Bench from FOB Guardian get shot down? Or it has never seen its flight time?

37 minutes ago, GamerbugUK said:

Prob with the Taru is it is CSAT, and lets face it if you see CSAT you open fire.

:( That I didn't think off.

This is a serious drawback, considering the issue of public server and the amount of trolls that actually TK friendly units, not to mention most of them not knowing if a unit is friend or foe.

Any suggestions to solve this issue?

(I came up with this idea in the first place, since i saw that on one of our FOBs, the Taru is available).

Regards,

Theronas

The issue with any CSAT (or t be fair AAF) asset is you can either engage or wait to confirm friendly and in that time you can be dead.

IN one of my videos, a Zeus spawned in 3 tarus as reinforcements for an AO, and that was before the Taru spawned at a FOB I think.

Personally no enemy assets should ever be available beyond weapons, saves that problem (and if we want to use CSAT stuff, then let us be CSAT on a server).

Other alternative would be if BI gave the option to spray any vehicle any colour, or at least the faction colours/camos

7 minutes ago, Theronas said:

So that would mean you would have to remove the Taru from the FOB spawn too?

I dont like any vehicles spawning anywhere for use that aren't of the right faction, but I am probbaly a minority here. It just leads to confusion and teamkilling and thats often bad enough with trolls.