Make HEMTT Medical Great Again! Pretty Please?

fir_nev

Question

Hello All,

I appreciate the call for 'Clear Vehicle Inventory' has been answered and implemented.

Now, with the public players occupying medic slots and dying in the AO leaving infantry helpless, we need a radical solution! We need players who know their stuff to set up Battalion Casualty Station (BCS). @Patrik and @Doc, please correct me as I am typing this without any reference.

To have a BCS, we need a vehicle with certain attribute. The ability to HEAL, which only HEMTT Medical has. Not just that, I ask for the vehicle to be bestowed with the ability to REVIVE incapacitated players. This is so that they can be dragged or carried away from the action for treatment/revive and continue the fight in AO. It will cut down the respawn frequency and reduce waiting time if the server is lacking pilots.

Before this can be done, I strongly suggest

1. fix the revive bug
  2. set the damage model to basic so that players can appreciate medic's role
  3. allow chat for downed casualties
  4. whatever is written by @GamerbugUK in the linked post below

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yes! I miss rolling in a Med HEMTT as an AT soldier back in I&A 2.8.x

Edited by fir_nev
Content

@GamerbugUK @fir_nev

I think that we might be able to meet a common ground here on this matter.

GamerbugUK doesn't want this to become a overpowered beast where we just have 100 AT soldiers crowded around one truck reviving each other and bombarding the AO with missiles. 

fir_nev wants to help out the players and have a revive and heal point, which is very understandable. 

I think that we might be able to reach a compromise that will fulfill the requirements that fir_nev wants but doesn't exceed what GamerbugUK think's is too OP. I believe that this 'new' HEMMET medical should be able to transport troops, but has extremely limited inventory space. The inventory space, which will be tiny, should be primarily used for FAK's. This way we still have that hospital on wheels but its not also a armory on wheels. 

But I also think that we have one more issue to fix before anything else happens. This kind of ties into one of my posts on re-doing the side missions, but we need a Taru(correct me if i'm wrong, pilots) to airlift these HEMMET. Now, ill admit, I have driven a HEMMET Medical to an AO once, to set up that FOB but it took forever and the AO was quite close to base. If the admins to implement this system for the HEMMET Medical and don't implement a good way to transport it, well, I think that it will "die" off and no-one will use it. I think that a good compromise to allow the players to get their hands on a Taru could be by completing the "Secure Enemy Helicopter" side mission. This logically makes sense, a CSAT helicopter, Taru, is secured for NATO use. We could then ask VORTEX to fly that HEMMET out to the AO. 

If GamerbugUK or if anyone else feels that we should not have this special HEMMET Medical truck right from the start, that is understandable. (I'm not saying this is what I want, I am simply proposing ideas if people don't agree with mine) What we could do if the admins and player base did not want the HEMMET Medical always around because of its OPness we could do something similar to the Taru. It could be earned through a side mission. Now I think that we might need to invent a side-mission for this, maybe "Secure Enemy Truck" or "Assault Enemy Hospital". After a successful completion of this this new and improved HEMMET Medical truck will spawn at base. 

As seen in fir_nev's videos that he posted, it is an extremely valuable resource that is just plain awesome!

But that's just my two cents on the matter. What do you guys think about this idea? 

-Doc

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone is fine :)

Please forgive me in advance if my idea/suggestion is not spot on, since this thread is about the Medical Hemtt. However, my idea to maybe help combat the core issue of this thread being a medical solution near or in the AO makes me wonder why no one has yet mentioned the wonderful solution that the Taru offers?

The Taru has various Pods that can be lifted/attached/detached and even para-dropped from higher altitudes. One of these pods is a medical pod (alongside other pods that are all also very useful).

Spoiler

1413892504-arma3-2014-10-21-12-51-45-27.

All of these pods would help to solve many issues that some players are whining about in-game at the AO, like need fuel, need ammo, need repair. 

Now before you say that this idea would defeat the role of the players within those fields, i'm sure that you can come up with an idea of how to solve the issue to keep players using medical/repair slots etc without scrapping this idea totally.

Also, this would require a separate landing/lifting bay for said pods (which should not be really an issue  to setup at base), as well as making 1 taru a default spawn helicopter at base. (Either add the taru, or replace it with one of the ghosthawks).

You can lift and/or attach those pods to the taru, and even drop the entire pod itself with parachutes from higher altitudes. There is also a pod for troop transport, which is a nice way of dropping troops in a zone that might be a "little" bit hot :D

Spoiler

xeno-taru-pod-mod-v155-2_4.jpg

Spoiler

2ugon86fy7cp.jpg

A view from inside the medical pod:

Spoiler

gVLnANF.jpg

And to go just a teeny weeny lil bit further of topic here, the taru can also lift Entire Trucks (Hemtts), Tanks, and other Choppers. 

It would also solve the issue of downed choppers, if no repair spec is available. A taru can airlift a chopper back to base for repairs.

But to stay on topic now, since the core is about Medical solutions at the AO, think about this Taru solution. Not to replace the Hemtt of course, but as a nice addition.

Have a good day everyone,

Theronas.

//edit - spelling errors

So about this:

1. fix the revive bug

I&A 3 uses an implementation of derp_heal which was written by Alganthe, who isn't around much lately. We don't want to delve too deeply into his code, so unless someone wants to suggest a fix to the code, this is not likely to happen.

Current code tests for I&A 4 use the vanilla revive system with a few things added on, so it should restore medical to the methodology you know and love and makes sense.

As for the HEMTT medical truck, how would you see that working in practice?

- Ryko

4 hours ago, Ryko said:

Current code tests for I&A 4 use the vanilla revive system with a few things added on, so it should restore medical to the methodology you know and love and makes sense.

So, can players revive each other with only FAK and medic gets 2x speed multiplier?

4 hours ago, Ryko said:

As for the HEMTT medical truck, how would you see that working in practice?

If the answer is 'yes' to the preceding question, I will gladly ditch this idea. It is a nice nostalgia, though. ^_^

@TheScar Looks like U will see more of Prowler heresy.

14 hours ago, fir_nev said:

Hello All,

I appreciate the call for 'Clear Vehicle Inventory' has been answered and implemented.

Now, with the public players occupying medic slots and dying in the AO leaving infantry helpless, we need a radical solution! We need players who know their stuff to set up Battalion Casualty Station (BCS). @Patrik and @Doc, please correct me as I am typing this without any reference.

To have a BCS, we need a vehicle with certain attribute. The ability to HEAL, which only HEMTT Medical has. Not just that, I ask for the vehicle to be bestowed with the ability to REVIVE incapacitated players. This is so that they can be dragged or carried away from the action for treatment/revive and continue the fight in AO. It will cut down the respawn frequency and reduce waiting time if the server is lacking pilots.

Before this can be done, I strongly suggest

1. fix the revive bug
  2. set the damage model to basic so that players can appreciate medic's role
  3. allow chat for downed casualties
  4. whatever is written by @GamerbugUK in the linked post below

Hide contents

Hide contents

Yes! I miss rolling in a Med HEMTT as an AT soldier back in I&A 2.8.x

@fir_nev

I really like the idea of this. 

A buddy of mine and I set up an temporary FOB with a couple of HEMMETS loaded with gear and the zeus even helped by adding a few assets. If the Medical HEMMET became what you are describing, I can see it becoming a common rallying point for troops to gather and organize. This could be especially helpful because the HEMMET medical has great inventory space as well as troop transport capabilities. 

Getting back to your idea of the HEMMET being a medical station on wheels, I think you might be able to take it one step further. Now im not sure if this is what you meant in your post or not but I think that if a normal rifleman is able to carry their buddy to the HEMMET Medical, that rifleman should be able to revive him there. This would function similar to the ACE Medical system of a designated medical vehicle. If this is not what you were thinking, there will probably be more than a few medics around that HEMMET than can help.

I also really like the idea of death-chat being re-added.

As mentioned above, this simple addition of one vehicle could radically change AW and I&A in a very good way, people might become a lot more organized, communicate and work together efficiently because they have this common rally point to meet, rearm, heal and get back out there. But sadly I only think that this will ever be able to be accomplished if they fix the revive bug and remove insta-death.

Its a great idea and I would really like to see it added to I&A!

10 hours ago, fir_nev said:

So, can players revive each other with only FAK and medic gets 2x speed multiplier?

Good lord no! We need to be able to revive regardless of damage taken, but we should need to have a FAK and Medikit for that (yep ages ago I wanted revive with FAK only, but I think that's OP.)

I know you love your medical HEMMT, but you are actually having your cake and eating it by saying you want to be able to be an AT and a medic. Pick one or the other, I know I want a marksman rifle for my Medic (love that Spar 17), but that's being greedy and I don't see that being allowed.

Besides you can be a medic and take the RPG-42, or RPG 7.

40 minutes ago, GamerbugUK said:

I know you love your medical HEMMT, but you are actually having your cake and eating it by saying you want to be able to be an AT and a medic. Pick one or the other, I know I want a marksman rifle for my Medic (love that Spar 17), but that's being greedy and I don't see that being allowed.

Singaporeans are known to be greedy... Just like people from PRC. :bitch_please-min:

46 minutes ago, GamerbugUK said:

Besides you can be a medic and take the RPG-42, or RPG 7.

I have tried that. The results were less than satisfactory. <_<

But AW is all about adapting and I have no qualms if this idea is deemed redundant. Just trying my like, that is all...

44 minutes ago, Doc said:

GamerbugUK doesn't want this to become a overpowered beast where we just have 100 AT soldiers crowded around one truck reviving each other and bombarding the AO with missiles.

I think that we might be able to reach a compromise that will fulfill the requirements that fir_nev wants but doesn't exceed what GamerbugUK think's is too OP. I believe that this 'new' HEMMET medical should be able to transport troops, but has extremely limited inventory space. The inventory space, which will be tiny, should be primarily used for FAK's. This way we still have that hospital on wheels but its not also a armory on wheels. 

Oh.. U clearly haven't seen me clearing Priority Targets and Side Missions while on HEMTT Medical on I&A 3.0 and 2.85 respectively. That is why @GamerbugUK deem it can be OP.

Spoiler

But I also think that we have one more issue to fix before anything else happens. This kind of ties into one of my posts on re-doing the side missions, but we need a Taru(correct me if i'm wrong, pilots) to airlift these HEMMET. Now, ill admit, I have driven a HEMMET Medical to an AO once, to set up that FOB but it took forever and the AO was quite close to base. If the admins to implement this system for the HEMMET Medical and don't implement a good way to transport it, well, I think that it will "die" off and no-one will use it. I think that a good compromise to allow the players to get their hands on a Taru could be by completing the "Secure Enemy Helicopter" side mission. This logically makes sense, a CSAT helicopter, Taru, is secured for NATO use. We could then ask VORTEX to fly that HEMMET out to the AO. 

If GamerbugUK or if anyone else feels that we should not have this special HEMMET Medical truck right from the start, that is understandable. (I'm not saying this is what I want, I am simply proposing ideas if people don't agree with mine) What we could do if the admins and player base did not want the HEMMET Medical always around because of its OPness we could do something similar to the Taru. It could be earned through a side mission. Now I think that we might need to invent a side-mission for this, maybe "Secure Enemy Truck" or "Assault Enemy Hospital". After a successful completion of this this new and improved HEMMET Medical truck will spawn at base.

:Cereal_Guy-min: I like Ur post. Taru is currently available once we unlock FOB Guardian but lifting of HEMTT would require lifting script.

HEMTT's top speed is 82 km/h and Medical is third choice compared to Ammo and Repair variants. The least used vehicles compared to Hunter and Prowler.

It all boils down to how a player appreciates the attributes of a vehicle to unleash its potential.

Edited by fir_nev
Grammar

hey all, I remember in the wasteland servers there is a medical system that allowed any player to be able to STABALIZE the downed player in order for combat medic to come and revive the downed player. I don't know if that is something that the devs or admins would like to have in the I & A servers but it I personally think that it would help out a lot. I usually play as a medic in the servers and have seen a lot of non-medic players use their first aid kits on downed player thinking that it would stabilize them for a medic to come around and revive them. Now I have also seen a lot of medics run past some downed player because sometimes the symbol doesn't appear on his/her hud, I have also done this but have come to use the GPS and Map to look for downed players and not use the HUD as much also I look for downed players using the sign of lying on there backs with one knee up and hands on there abdomen and their head is moving around.

2 hours ago, Norris said:

hey all, I remember in the wasteland servers there is a medical system that allowed any player to be able to STABALIZE the downed player in order for combat medic to come and revive the downed player. I don't know if that is something that the devs or admins would like to have in the I & A servers but it I personally think that it would help out a lot. I usually play as a medic in the servers and have seen a lot of non-medic players use their first aid kits on downed player thinking that it would stabilize them for a medic to come around and revive them. Now I have also seen a lot of medics run past some downed player because sometimes the symbol doesn't appear on his/her hud, I have also done this but have come to use the GPS and Map to look for downed players and not use the HUD as much also I look for downed players using the sign of lying on there backs with one knee up and hands on there abdomen and their head is moving around.

There is a pretty hefty timer before you die when downed so stabilising isn't really necessary. I think most use their medkits wondering if it will revive them (even I did as the option surprised me), and then realsie they just wasted a FAK. They just need to remove the option to use a FAK on a downed player if not a medic to remove that confusion.

Sorry for not adding the following to my original post above, but here goes:

Scenario:

All enemy AA has been taken out, but there are wounded troops a bit deeper in the AO. A taru could para-drop a medical pod into the zone.

That means that some players would have to setup a small security perimeter around or next to the dropped medical pod and other players would have to carry or drag fallen soldier to the pod for revive/heal/etc...

or another scenario:

AO has been completed.

A taru with a med pod can go and evac wounded back to base or straight to new AO if so desired.

This would also offer a bit more towards the idea of co-op and tactical play. Yeah Yeah, i know, its a public server, but still... offering a few more solutions to milsim game play would not hurt, even on a public server. At least give players the possibility to do so.

You could also maybe script something like, the medical pod only works (its effects) if a med is on site, or there are so many other ideas/possibilities that could be thought out and implemented in conjunction.

You know you have the containers for the huron at base next to the heli repair zone. Just add a small zone with various pods for the Taru  next to the repair zone, so players can also board some of the other pods (like troop transport pod, etc). A med can also board the med pod and be lifted together to a target location.

The ideas of how to combine this medical solution with actual game play are endless. All it takes is a bit of imagination and comparison to realism.

Sorry for the long multiple posts, im just a bit excited at the idea and would love to see it maybe implemented.

Cheers,

Theronas.

@Theronas

I do not mind usage of Taru pods actually. It is exactly what @Doc suggested in the up-voted post.

I do not mind HEMTT Medical not having the revive script if we can send medical Taru pods into warm or safe zones, for players to heal themselves. If revive script can be implemented on both HEMTT and pod, I will be grateful as players can carry incapacitated players there.

My main point is, instead of players having to respawn when no medic is around, we can save them to continue the fight if HEMTT Medical, Huron medical container and Taru medical pod are given the revive script.

Edited by fir_nev
Forgot to type my point

5 minutes ago, fir_nev said:

@Theronas

I do not mind usage of Taru pods actually. It is exactly what @Doc suggested in the up-voted post.

I do not mind HEMTT Medical not having the revive script if we can send medical Taru pods into warm or safe zones, for players to heal themselves. If revive script can be implemented on both HEMTT and pod, I will be grateful as players can carry incapacitated players there.

My main point is, instead of players having to respawn when no medic is around, we can save them to continue the fight if HEMTT Medical, Huron medical container and Taru medical pod.

Exactly. But there also needs to be an incentive. Hence, the more possibilities we can offer (like the suggested ideas + needing a medic nearby/on-site to be able to operate said pod/etc.. would also make medics want to play more, since its a nice add on for them, as well as for us non medics if no medics are around.

Im sure a medic would feel more important, or a player would like to play more the role of a medic, if he were to take his "para-dropping" lab with him wherever he goes, or even per hemtt :D

On a side-note, those pods can also be loaded on to trucks for transport. 

And since we are also talking about a public server here, pods in the field should share the same attribute as vehicles, meaning if no player is within 500m, then the pod should despawn/respawn back at the location in base.

On a non-public server, logistics would have to pick it up and bring it back to base and so on.

But as you said, such script would definitely solve the issue if no medics are around, or if they do not play their role as intended.

Regards,

Theronas

@Theronas, Ur idea of Taru actually brought a whole new suggestion for I&A 3.1.4 onwards. Replace Huron and its containers altogether since attaching pods looks a lot cooler but I digress. Gives pilots a new dimension with their involvement in the completion of AOs.

Superb ideas...

19 minutes ago, Lost Bullet said:

The Hemtt seems like a more practical solution, it can be deployed earlier in the AO and can move behind troops as they advance.

Very true, but the Taru idea was not meant to substitute the Hemtt. It was as an addition to the Hemtt. Like previously mentioned, why not give players a wider range of options? Hence, its not the issue of what is more practical and what not, but having both should solve all angles and make the game more interesting and fun.

Regards,

Theronas 

1 minute ago, fir_nev said:

@Theronas, Ur idea of Taru actually brought a whole new suggestion for I&A 3.1.4 onwards. Replace Huron and its containers altogether since attaching pods looks a lot cooler but I digress. Gives pilots a new dimension with their involvement in the completion of AOs.

Superb ideas...

Damn, I'm really sorry fir_nev. It seems that my posts here have sort of.... hijacked your original thread which actually should have  been a new topic more or less.

Apologies.

Theronas