Altis' Most Deadly - CSAT Ninja Trees

GandalfTheCray

And here I thought that the most deaths are caused by lack of situational awareness and improper risk management (-:

Vegetation pop in has some known solutions. Do you need help with that?

What is your object draw distance set to? What is your terrain detail set to? Are you running 64bit executable? How much RAM do you have or/and do you run Arma from SSD? 

Don't worry about it Cebi - I could improve my graphics settings for Invade and Annex servers but then I would have to tone them down again for anything else (PvP servers for example - having 60 frames per second is a huge advantage when most people have 20-30)

Object draw distance is set to 1625 with shadows turned off & standard particle / terrain quality. And yes I'm running 64-bit with 32GB of RAM

Edit: I don't run Arma from my SSD, it's too full of other stuff :(

Edited by GandalfTheCray
More info

no one dl "research videos" to their HD these days - stream2fap is the way to go since 2005+

trust me,i know

Altho,if he s a fan of some of those sick ... uhm,lets stop just here,shall we ...

:DudeComeOn-min:

ontopic

ranking of death:

• Rocks (54%)
  • Trees (25,4%)
  • Street signs (20%)
  • UK drivers (0,6%)

@GandalfTheCray: 32GB of RAM is plenty and with 64bit executable, I think that you would not get any difference with LOD changing faster with SSD. I have read somewhere that these trees do not have collision shape defined. So next time ram it for science!

Fly safe :)

To improve your fps you can also try to change some of your GPU settings for Arma 3 itself and not just the ingame settings. I am not sure how efficient it is in this game but in games like R6/CS:GO you can easily buff your FPS by a lot with these configurations so I would assume that this might also be possible here. :)

As the CSAT Supreme Commander I can confirm that the ninja trees are being paid by us to disrupt your air traffic, deal with it! >:] (just kidding)

12 hours ago, Cebi said:

And here I thought that the most deaths are caused by lack of situational awareness and improper risk management (-:

Vegetation pop in has some known solutions. Do you need help with that?

What is your object draw distance set to? What is your terrain detail set to? Are you running 64bit executable? How much RAM do you have or/and do you run Arma from SSD? 

I've got an i7 6700k, 16gb ram, run it on an SSD and have the 64bit, draw distance set to max, however for objects in air it is set to 5 or 6km I believe and this still happens to me occasionally. :P