Grass cutter

There is a small thingy i think is called grass cutter, and allows for the grass around a player to be instantly and permanently cut within a circle. I have seen it implemented somewhere (don't remember now) in the player menu and found it easy to use and very useful since AI can see through grass ... i do not know if it is an item you can carry or some other kind of wizardry but it is available in the editor (not sure if vanilla though). Is it available or can it be made available without a lot of work somehow in EU#3 ?

Thread unlocked.

Yes there is a placeable, invisible item inside of the editor that can be placed too cut grass. It doesn't always work, and can be spotty sometimes but are you thinking for people to have in the field so grass isn't an issue when you are lying down?

If so we'd need to look at a bunch of things.

Feel free to discuss in thread and ideas or such. If a consensus is reached OP should make a separate feature request in the area mentioned previously.

I'm not super against the idea, could probably create a new custom ace action that does the following:

1) checks to see if the player has an entrenching tool

2) starts a "clearing" animation

3) uses hideObjectGlobal to remove grass elements (as Copey says, the grass cutter functionality is spotty at best).

Is there a huge necessity for this, though?

Not a necessity, would be useful sometimes, in those really annoying moments when standing up will get you killed but laying down doesn't help because you cannot she shit while russians just spray through the grass with their Ak's.

@Miczils exactly on those instances i found it useful, because you can get in a position in a grassy area where you have very little if any chance against the AI seeing through the grass ... :) it also helps if you want to snipe from such a position and you wouldn't need to move back and forward to make the grass stay low for a couple of minutes (cause it gets back up again) :)

I'm all for this idea. But just a thought, if you have time to clear the grass, wouldn't you have time to dig a trench? Also, I'd rather have the ability to shoot back rather than being stuck in an animation if in the middle of a firefight.

i tried to do exactly that a couple of days ago, while stuck in a bad tall grass position being pinned down from 2 directions because it seemed a logical thing to do... what happened is i got shot as soon as i started digging because you can't dig while prone... the thingy in the editor works instantly but a short animation while prone would be more realistic (like an entrenching tool quick sweep around a semi-circle or something) and would take far less time than digging even the small trench.. it would not solve the AI seeing through grass bug/limitation, but would give a realistically acceptable way to feel like you have a chance to deal with it ...