Arma Aircraft Carrier (Jets DLC) CVN-87

BenjaminHL

On 12/05/2017 at 11:06 AM, THE PUNISHER said:

So you have a plan to add new jet's and carrier to all Ahoy servers?

(off topic sorry admin)

Why not draft an edit up for the community? (editing mission files i mean) If it works out well and is in line with the plan then it should get incorporated into the mission. I'm not sure at this stage.

My intention is to add the Freedom to Gauntlet, the real issue will be ensuring that air vehicle spawn / respawn correctly on the Freedom. Also there will be a disconnect in terms of player spawn: if you're in a role that envisions flying aircraft, your initial spawn location will probably be the Freedom versus main base, so there are necessary adjustments to make there.

I can't see adding any of the new jets in their current form to Gauntlet as they are, as they don't fit the time frame, but if someone were to make a Grippen retexture we could potentially incorporate that.

As for I&A, it's been discussed but nothing resolved yet to my knowledge.

4 hours ago, Ryko said:

My intention is to add the Freedom to Gauntlet, the real issue will be ensuring that air vehicle spawn / respawn correctly on the Freedom. Also there will be a disconnect in terms of player spawn: if you're in a role that envisions flying aircraft, your initial spawn location will probably be the Freedom versus main base, so there are necessary adjustments to make there.

I can't see adding any of the new jets in their current form to Gauntlet as they are, as they don't fit the time frame, but if someone were to make a Grippen retexture we could potentially incorporate that.

As for I&A, it's been discussed but nothing resolved yet to my knowledge.

What about a special Gauntlet - Carrier verision in the map pool, giving a choice to have a carrier spawn. And then have missions adjusted accordingly - remove the truck transport etc. I think it may introduce something new to EU3, a whole new way of operation from an aircraft-carrier. 

Have the CV in all of it's glory and spawn there indeed. However find an appropriate zone on the carrier (If it has one of those amphibious bays that would be perfect). In this zone have boats/landing craft but also have a teleport addaction that when executed, fades the screen to black and teleports the player onto a makeshift amphibious landing site/base. This will therefore retain the ability to drive into the AO vs Fly and provide an appropriate level of immersion. Easy to set up too.