Newbie hour? - new people please read

I know there's a plan to continue with the AWE training nights (and a specific thread for these), but in the meantime, I'd like to propose an idea. I like to think that I am no longer a complete noob on AWE -  my only qualification is that I am actually answering questions from new people and teaching them a few things - and I'd like to offer up arranging a "Newbie hour" every now and then.

The way I see this working is, I would enlist (probably through begging and nagging) an admin/very experienced guy (I'm talking guys like @Lost Bullet, @S0zi0p4th, @BloodInTheSand, @Amentes - just to name a few - all of whom I can thank for what they've taught me) and get together with the new guys who want to join us and take them through the basics + maybe some small skirmish with Zeus'd in enemies a few km from base (not a Gauntlet mission). This would give them a chance to learn, practice and get to ask questions without feeling the pressure of messing up in a Gauntlet mission or working in a squad.  Again, no intent to replace the more intensive training missions, just an hour of practice, learning without interfering with guys who want to play.  Appreciate any thoughts/comments. Also would like to hear from the newbies, would this be useful?

2 hours ago, joaopedrocastella said:

Hi Jasman

Being an almost newbie, iv played on the public servers for a few weeks now, but i get frustrated at the lack of competency or teamwork, so you can count me in on those training sessions. 

Please note this is for AWE AKA EU#3. Teamwork problems are rarely a thing on here. You'll need to install the mods if you want to join.

1 hour ago, Colsta said:

Please note this is for AWE AKA EU#3. Teamwork problems are rarely a thing on here. You'll need to install the mods if you want to join.

I have all the Mods :) , but i feel i would benefit from some basic tutoring rather than just logging into AWE and making a hash of it.

Please don't contact me for admin stuff though,  I'm about as useless as a chocolate fire guard for that stuff!
However if anyone needs any help with AWE and it's workings, please feel free to get in touch or ask in-game if you need a hand. Only been here for a couple of months now but I'm glad to help where I can.

My steam ID is in my profile as well if that would be any easier for anyone.

• 4 weeks later...