commanding AI

boeljoet

Question

sinds we can now make our own goups with the new group mananger i was wondering if people could join or spawn an AI controlled group
this will shield them from command chat and making it usefull again

this ai wil stay on the base doing nothing more than being a place holder

9 answers to this question

well,you need to work on some forum etiquette for a start maybe ... here´s some hints i found usefull over the years i m lurking in (gaming) forums:

• read up on stuff
  • use SEARCH function to ensure you not post a topic that is/was already in discussion
  • if you post stuff,make sure its easy to read/understand what you r going at
  • lurk and learn

Lots of stuff you posted is totally obsolete to post about if you did some proper recon/science/study on said stuff (clean-up script,Arty spawn chance and possibility,etc.) in advance.Then its not only here,its on EU1# too - less is more sometimes.

Its not about telling you to not ask stuff or post on whatever floats your boat - just take 5min to think about BEFORE you post stuff,that should avoid 86,2% of issues.

;)

As for the negative points - people find it way easier to downvote your reputation than telling you why they dislike ... its a internet thing.

Dont give a shit about.

Just listen to what i posted above and you shall mix in here nicely (by time).

and here,have +1 from me for a start - not cause you deserve it really,but cause i like frikandles and klokjes (to a degree)

32 minutes ago, boeljoet said:

sinds we can now make our own goups with the new group mananger i was wondering if people could join or spawn an AI controlled group
this will shield them from command chat and making it usefull again

this ai wil stay on the base doing nothing more than being a place holder

Bit pointless.

AI units are poor at best, and it'd take up server slots and impact performance. You'd lose AI as the server filled up, possibly in the middle of a firefight.

Not sure what the last part means.

7 minutes ago, GamerbugUK said:

Bit pointless.

AI units are poor at best, and it'd take up server slots and impact performance. You'd lose AI as the server filled up, possibly in the middle of a firefight.

Not sure what the last part means.

all it does is making sure that people who havent founded theire own squad doens`t hear command chatter
it will be an ai like the arsenal dude. only usefull for one thing

Having seen the mess created by the AI that used to spawn on a disconnection, this is beyond a bad idea. 

Not only does it offer no measurable positives, it would also be very detrimental to server performance and overall population due to the potential of having an extra character for EVERY player on the server.

29 minutes ago, BloodInTheSand said:

Having seen the mess created by the AI that used to spawn on a disconnection, this is beyond a bad idea. 

Not only does it offer no measurable positives, it would also be very detrimental to server performance and overall population due to the potential of having an extra character for EVERY player on the server.

not 1 for every player 1 for all players

54 minutes ago, boeljoet said:

not 1 for every player 1 for all players

I think I see what you mean now. An AI controlling it's own group. The trouble I see is that the AI won't be detectable by the group manager - since its AI - so it wouldn't work in that sense. The other possibility is an idle account logged into the server all day. Which also wouldn't work as it would take up a server slot and would require 3 machines to run one for each server.