[Guide] Explosives & Mines

LEO

Explosives guide

How and when it should be utilized

thanks to radek for updated information

Explosives should be utilized when you want to remove damage or disable an objective or if you want to gain access to enclosed compounds (on how to disarm the demo block and charge assembly look at the mine disarm part of the guide and remove the part about laying down)

(update from radek IEDs have roughly 10m/20m kill radius (with body armor). demo block and satchel also have the equivalent splash ranges.

M183/Satchel has the most explosive power (50% more than the AT mines/big IED).

Activation: the smaller M57 trigger has a range of only 250m. the wireless M152 is 5000m. the cellphone is available for IEDs.

Defusal: IEDs have a 2-in-100 chance of catastrophic failure for anyone.

slight typo in OP, the russian apers mine is called "PMN2" and the detector uses 1.9V batteries.)

Demolition Block 9fby8UT.jpg

uXHQ854.jpg

Effective range 12m+

It can kill all light vehicles with one block but more might be required on heavy vehicles

The demolition block is ideal for breaching walls

Demolition Charge Assembly

KX8IDd2.jpg

Effective range 20m+

It can easily kill all vehicles if placed on the side or rear of the vehicle

TmH2foi.jpg

Mine guide

How to place an effective minefield.

It all depends on the location and what you are fighting in this example we have a convoy that needs to be stopped.

nHIbR6H.jpg

Red is the no go zone. Friendly troops are restricted from passing the red line unless they have an active mine detector with them it is usually marked with a continuous line of yellow mine flags.

Green markers are anti-tank mine locations blue is the flanking mines that’s meant to destroy any enemy infantry/trucks that try to escape the ambush.

Yellow is where all motor traffic into the red line is forbidden.  Purple is where you place what mines you have left at random (meant to prevent off-roading/flanking). Also the mine field should be marked on Ctab as a HQ or another prearranged marker, also it should be radioed to all teams informing them that mines are being put up and the number of the marker. It’s your responsibility to mark your mines accurately and inform friendlies of said mines.

hmAdJa5.jpg5DpjTba.jpg

PRO TIP if you place individual mines and you have an android you can place a mine and place the marker on your position before you arm the mine

How to Disarm Mines

what you need x1 mine detector x1 defuse kit  optional extra 9volt battery for the mine detector

First you go in to your ACE then equipment and then you activate your mine detector.

8rm1FEC.jpg

Then give it some time to boot up (max detection range of the detector is 6M)

The acts like there is a V in front of you, and all mines within that V will be detected

When a mine is detected the mine detector will start beeping when you start to get closer to the mine the beeping will intensify until you are right on top of it. But do remember to lay down before going close to the mines to avoid triggering them.

z8KAiVZ.jpg

Now that you are close to the mine you can use ace interaction on it to defuse the mine

(Additional info the mine detector only lasts for 20 min so you can use the 9v batteries to prolong its life to insert the new battery use self-interaction menu

Effective = where the mine has a 100% to 50% chance of killing you

SLAM Medium Sized Directional Mine

iraU8QP.jpg

(update from radek M2 SLAM ACE activates tamper safety in side and timer modes (it's side and bottom in reality). The side attack detects temperature changes/signatures and is set to ignore bodies. Its shaped charge creates a solid projectile (EFP). In arma, it develops a big kill range against infantry (around 70m in a narrow cone) and a quite long range against vehicles (~20m compared to actual 8m). It has an explosive power of the M112 block or small IEDs.)

Slam Mine can be triggerd manualy or via vehicles. can be shot to disarm.

Slam side attack on infantry failed.

Note on manual activation it can reach 20m and more and the detonation goes in a V from the front of the mine

Slam side attack on HMMWV is not working properly no effect on target.

Slam bottom attack (magnetic) on HMMWV. Engine= red all else = green.

Slam manual detonation on HMMWV works like a charm engine/hull/fuel = red

Slam can’t be disarmed detonated on disarmament.

VS-50 medium seized Omni directional antipersonnel mine

TpdwehV.jpg

VS-50 mine has a light fuze that infantry and up can trigger.

VS-50 on infantry .activation range 0.5m effective range 5-10m trigger

VS-50 on HMMWV. Detonated no effect on target

VS-50 can be disarmed

PMR-3 tripwire Omni directional mine KOMRTJB.jpg

5CmDeFi.jpg

(update from radek  PMR-3 due to it being slightly above ground has a kill radius of 10+m and deals injuries almost 25m out.)

PMR-3 tripwire can be triggerd by shots or infantry/vehicles going over the wire.

PMR-3 on infantry. Activation range on hitting the wire effective range 5-10m

PMR-3 on HMMWV no effect on target

PMR-3 can be disarmed

PMR-2 Small Sized Omnidirectional Antipersonnel Mine Bbbb1U6.jpg

PMR-2 mine can be triggerd by infantry and vehicles. Note cannot be added to map via Zeus.

Note mine can’t be detected unless stepped on or by a mine detector

PMR-2 on infantry. Activation range 0.5m effective range 3-7m

PMR-2 on HMMWV no effect on target

PMR-2 can be disarmed

(M18A1 Claymore this puppy kills at 50m and shrapnels are effective at 100m easily in the pointed direction arc. Only special models (Korean DMZ) feature a standard tripwire trigger and it's not available in arma.)

M26 Medium Sized Omnidirectional Antipersonnel Bounding Mine HY9PAnM.jpg

( update from radek M26 is the one which jumps up. because of it the kill zone is above 25m and causes damage even at 50m. it's really nasty.)

M26 can be triggerd by infantry and vehicles. IMPORTANT disarmament is to be done with extreme caution due to larger trigger range

M26 on infantry. Activation range 1.5m effective range 7-14m

M26 on HMMWV minimal effect on target. Late trigger engine = yellow

M14 small seized Omnidirectional antipersonnel mine add picture lwSRcLj.jpg

(update form radek  M14 is 'weak' by design, it's a "toe popper" which is meant to injure/cripple the one who steps on it and slow down overall progress by needed treatment. )

M14 can be triggerd by infantry and vehicles. Note cannot be added to Zeus. Note cannot be detected unless stepped on or by a mine detector

M14 on infantry. Activation range 0.5m effective range 0.5-2m

M14 on HMMWV no effect on target

M14 can be disarmed

(update from radek M15/M19/TM62M A/T mines have the explosive power of a big IED, just with a smaller 'splash' (~4m for the M15, ~8m for the other two) )
TM-62M large Sized Anti-Tank Mine SbBdPUe.jpg

TM-62M can only be triggerd by vehicles

TM-62M on t72 tracks red.

TM-62M on BTR-80 delayed detonation

TM-62M can be disarmed

M19 Extra-Large Sized Anti-Tank Mine Xrd6PJV.jpg

M19 can only be triggerd by vehicles

M19 on T72 tracks red.

M19 on BTR-80 instant detonation

M19 can be disarmed

M15 large Sized Anti-Tank Mine c0WbuoD.jpg

M15 can only be triggerd by vehicles. Note late detonation

M15 on t72 tracks red.

M15 on BTR-80 delayed detonation

M15 can be disarmed

Small IED (Improvised Explosive Device) Omnidirectional Mine DPg5RRl.jpgXXno88p.jpg

Small IED can be triggerd by infantry and vehicles.

Small IED on infantry. Activation range 0.5m effective range 5-10m

Small IED on HMMWV. Instant detonation

Small IED on t72. Tracks red

Small IED on BTR-80 delayed detonation

Large IED Omnidirectional Mine/Demo Charge 6irQ1Ot.jpgDtVzkeW.jpg

Large IED can be triggerd by infantry and vehicles.

Large IED on infantry. Activation range 0.5m effective range 10-20+m

Large IED on HMMWV. Instant detonation

Large IED on t72. Tracks red

Large IED on BTR-80. Delayed detonation

franken minen

withc are a combination of difrent exblosives/mines that is costume made on the spot for difrent purpices as and exsample M14 mine placed under a demoliton charge assembely (both are armed) witch can be used as a large scale anti personel mine or remote detonated mine

aditonal link

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/20-32/chap7.html

• 4 weeks later...

M2 SLAM ACE activates tamper safety in side and timer modes (it's side and bottom in reality). The side attack detects temperature changes/signatures and is set to ignore bodies. Its shaped charge creates a solid projectile (EFP). In arma, it develops a big kill range against infantry (around 70m in a narrow cone) and a quite long range against vehicles (~20m compared to actual 8m). It has an explosive power of the M112 block or small IEDs.

M15/M19/TM62M A/T mines have the explosive power of a big IED, just with a smaller 'splash' (~4m for the M15, ~8m for the other two)

IEDs have roughly 10m/20m kill radius (with body armor). demo block and satchel also have the equivalent splash ranges.

M183/Satchel has the most explosive power (50% more than the AT mines/big IED).

PMR-3 due to it being slightly above ground has a kill radius of 10+m and deals injuries almost 25m out.

M14 is 'weak' by design, it's a "toe popper" which is meant to injure/cripple the one who steps on it and slow down overall progress by needed treatment.

M26 is the one which jumps up. because of it the kill zone is above 25m and causes damage even at 50m. it's really nasty.

M18A1 Claymore this puppy kills at 50m and shrapnels are effective at 100m easily in the pointed direction arc. Only special models (Korean DMZ) feature a standard tripwire trigger and it's not available in arma.

Activation: the smaller M57 trigger has a range of only 250m. the wireless M152 is 5000m. the cellphone is available for IEDs.

Defusal: IEDs have a 2-in-100 chance of catastrophic failure for anyone.

slight typo in OP, the russian apers mine is called "PMN2" and the detector uses 1.9V batteries.

nice guide,nice read ^_^

altho i dont play EU3# - i luv anything EODish

+ the minefield could be argued,there s so many great ways to setup a ambush for convoys and HVTs involving mines and my beloved IEDs

*dreams*

*thumbs up*

10 hours ago, TheScar said:

the minefield could be argued,there s so many great ways to setup a ambush for convoys and HVTs involving mines and my beloved IEDs

Not really. Not with the way Gauntlet missions work. Not without a Zeus mission.

Spoiler

think out of the box,man

Back in A2 @ Insurgency Takistan i´could be your worst nightmare when on OPFOR and my ambush´s were feared (2-3 man team/1-2 IEDs/RPG/MG)

COOP missions ftw

times have changed since MCC and ZEUS live edit tools came up,obviously

I got no idea how its like in this "Gauntlet" you mentioned and can only barely sketch out what its about.

Im a EU1# whore :)