Hello!

Doc

Hello there!

My name is Doc, ill explain that in a moments time...

I just recently joined AW and I am loving it!

--Arma Experience:

I have been playing Arma 3 since 2014 and I have really enjoyed it. I started off just messing with the flight mechanics of the game and was content messing around in the scenarios and sometimes the editor if I wanted to experiment. Eventually I took on a more of a multiplayer role with my friends and I when we played scenarios together through hamachi. In between scenarios with my friends I was a pilot of a few RP servers and was having fun. But then the fun of flying kinda died off for me and I wanted a different style of play throughout Arma. I started bouncing between servers, testing roles, kits, just seeing what felt "right"  for me. Then one day I was playing on a wasteland server with my friends and realized the potential and ability of a medic. (See how this relates to my name?) A good medic, I found, could single handled turn the tide of an engagement. I then went back to those servers I had written off before hand and experimented with playing varying types of medics. I found that I loved this style of play and how powerful whilst incredibly helpful at the same time.  

--How I came across AW:

I imagine that this tale might sound slight abnormal at first, but hey, I managed to find myself here! The man that got AW on my radar was, and he needs no introduction, Liru the Lance Corporal. I was watching one of his streams and he recommended AW as a great server. I hopped on and I am in love. Since then I have been playing on EU#1 and EU#2 mainly as a medic but I do employ my piloting skills when the need arises. I am also thinking about starting zeusing and I am just coming to grasps with it now. Hopefully one day ill be able to zeus around here! (Could someone please link me to application process for zeusing so I know where to start once I get better? Thanks!)

--My IRL difficulties:

Sadly I attend a boarding school on the East coast of the USA, because of their strict rules I am unfortunately unable to bring my desktop there and play arma. Therefore I am limited to just breaks and summer when ill be able to play on the servers. However, I do hope that ill be able to be an active community member through the forms over the school year. 

Thank you for reading!

Over and Out

--Doc

18 hours ago, Doc said:

Then one day I was playing on a wasteland server with my friends and realized the potential and ability of a medic. (See how this relates to my name?) A good medic, I found, could single handled turn the tide of an engagement. I then went back to those servers I had written off before hand and experimented with playing varying types of medics. I found that I loved this style of play and how powerful whilst incredibly helpful at the same time.  

This is great thought, mate. Medics working with their squads are pain in the arse for any zeus scenario, because theres litteraly no realistic way to take them down. Not even speaking about AO incursions, squad of 4-5 men and a careful medic can handle whole AO in half an hour or so. 

As stan said, See you in the field!

On 22/03/2017 at 10:58 PM, Gremlin{GuyJustCool} said:

This is great thought, mate. Medics working with their squads are pain in the arse for any zeus scenario, because theres litteraly no realistic way to take them down. Not even speaking about AO incursions, squad of 4-5 men and a careful medic can handle whole AO in half an hour or so. 

As stan said, See you in the field!

Medics aren't that good these days (on I&A), but it used to be true that a good medic would save most people a return trip to base after being downed.

22 hours ago, Liru the Lcpl. said:

I'm Lcpl. Liru and I approve this medic.

In terms of the Spartan program for zeusing, we have the applications around here somewhere... (look for Spartan applications ;) )

See you around,
-Liru

Thank you and thanks for the tips! :)

• 2 weeks later...