D.Devil's Arma Settings (Maximizing your FPS)

D.Devil

For those who are interested in having settings which would maximise their in-game performance with great visuals, here is a short guide for you.

Arma 3 Launcher settings;

ULmYvGM.jpg

Someone (don't remember who) said if you're using an i7 6700k use this command line; 

-cpuCount=4 -high -maxmem=15360 -noBenchmark -noLogs -noPause -noSplash -world=empty

It did somewhat give me a more stable fps count and after using this command line I had less frequent memory leaks, they happen at random, sometimes after serveral hours and other times after 20-30min (don't qoute me on whether it's true or not, it just is for me).

Ingame settings;

41D19060191092D8ED4A386A8BDCC93430D6CA77

BD768DE149005378149D74C3F90D44C1D489C14A

A1FD412C35AD648F92F4DAFF47411871E77BF4ED

After I been using these settings I gained about 20-30fps myself and mostly work with stable 60fps, however this drops to about 30-40 if the server has been up for quite some time. In Zeus I get a stable 40-50fps and after serveral hours server uptime it drops to 20-30 with a full server.

My rig;

bb6ZlNv.png

These settings work for me, they may not work for you. Maximizing all my settings seem to give me the best overal performance ingame, I get less fps using the lower settings and they don't seem to be stable for me. Hope this will help some of you, if not, just keep playing with your settings and eventually you'll find the settings best suited for your rig.

11 hours ago, fir_nev said:

I cannot seem to find the Command line under Basic :\

Go to your Steam Library > Right click Arma > Properties > Open set launch options (it should show immediately when you open the window.) > Paste the line and hit OK. It's the same thing.

Why have you written

On 3/9/2017 at 8:40 PM, D.Devil said:

-maxmem=15360

when you´ve setted it in the launcher with "System memory limit" to 2047?:wacko::blink:

And does anyone knows how or if it is possible to get all of the command line things into the ArmaSync Launcher Options? Should I just write it into the additional parameters field? Because there is no button for "Video memory limit" (-maxvram=) and I can´t click the button for "Hyperthreading" (-enableHT) as seen in the picture below.:(

Edited by Noah_Hero
Removed attachments to free up space

8 hours ago, Noah_Hero said:

when you´ve setted it in the launcher with "System memory limit" to 2047?:wacko::blink:

that depends on the RAM you have installed, if you have more then you can set it higher, its important to know that 32 bit arma only uses 3GB of ram max whereas 64bit will support more. 

9 hours ago, Noah_Hero said:

Why have you written

I found that my Arma rarely ever uses more than 2GB ram so I set it to 2047, usually sits around 1.8/1.9GB. I have 16GB ram myself but it never really peaked over 2GB for me. Sometimes it will jump up to 2.2/2.3GB but I haven't really experienced a whole lot difference.

I found that my Arma rarely ever uses more than 2GB ram so I set it to 2047, usually sits around 1.8/1.9GB. I have 16GB ram myself but it never really peaked over 2GB for me. Sometimes it will jump up to 2.2/2.3GB but I haven't really experienced a whole lot difference.

For the sake of future proofing the post I have added it uses 3gb on 32 bit this isn't actually tire until the 64 bit update is released, it only uses 2gb currently

@GhostDragon thanks!!:)

2 minutes ago, GhostDragon said:

it only uses 2gb currently

Ok, so the best would be to set it to 2000?

@D.Devil: Why have you setted different values for maxram in the command (15360) line and in the launcher field(2047)?:wacko: Wich one will be used?

and has anyone suggestions for maxvram? Is it better to stay within 2GB as the launcher mentions or is it better to set it higher? I have a gtx 970 Palit Jet Stream with 4GB vram.

Ok, thanks:)

May it is also interessting for you: There is an explanation of the console commands here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

Also there is said that if you are running 64Bit Windows + 32Bit Arma 3 maxMem will always fall back to 3071 if you set it higher. So it seems like it is impossible to get more than 3071 with these console commands<_<

Also it seems like -maxMem is not working like it says windows how much Ram it wants to use but instead the game just tries to stay lower than the setted value:(