Question about system.

Patrik_swe

Sry uf post enda upp in wrong Area.

Hi guys used to play alot before (autum -16)

my old rig died on me. And thinking about building one for the first time.

my plan is :

GPU : 1070/1080 with 8GB.

CPU i3 7350k.

RAM : 16Gb DDR 4 3000MHZ

Key part of question is Will the i3 work for arma3/apex

/Patrik 

2 hours ago, patrik_nystrom_sthlm said:

ANy thoughts on the Ryzen series??

The other replies probably are more relieble on a reply as I don't really know enough abot Ryzen apart from hearsay. I'm a bit of an Intel fanboy and trust them moreso for video editing strengths, though Colsta has said they may be comparable.

I had an i5 3570 that ran Arma 3 fine, and an I7 3770k that also had little issues (both socket 1155).

Also take a look true 

for idea's several people build themself a new pc from low to high end  

Also getting a I3 with a 1070 or 1080 is realy gonna hurt your system in the long end 

better to get a I5 (or that silly Zen proiccesor)     also iff you wanna save money for a better cpu the 150 ti or 1060 arent bad either 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. My plans for system starting to come together. Looks somthing like this.

I5 7600k or a i7 7700k

Motherboard Msi z270-A-PRO

Ram Corsair vengeance 25600/3200mhz

A 500Gb SSD probably a samsung

GPU Msi Gtx 1070 Gaming X 8GB.

1 hour ago, Patrik said:

Thanks guys. My plans for system starting to come together. Looks somthing like this.

I5 7600k or a i7 7700k

Motherboard Msi z270-A-PRO

Ram Corsair vengeance 25600/3200mhz

A 500Gb SSD probably a samsung

GPU Msi Gtx 1070 Gaming X 8GB.

A single 500GB SSD isn't all that much to be honest, I've got a 480GB and it was full rather fast. I installed my 1TB HDD for the smaller, less important programs or games. Don't know if you're planning on doing the same, if not, then you may find this useful. :P 

A single 500GB SSD isn't all that much to be honest, I've got a 480GB and it was full rather fast. I installed my 1TB HDD for the smaller, less important programs or games. Don't know if you're planning on doing the same, if not, then you may find this useful. [emoji14] 

No not only gonna Scavange My old PC for its Hdd

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, fir_nev said:

Hi @Patrik. Ur current shortlist looks good to be running ARMA 3 on ULTRA. Secondary HDD is definitely recommended to have all the mods downloaded. My OS HDD is currently EVO 850 250GB but will clone it onto a 500GB once I have the money.

you should not clone it to the 500gb keep the 250 as pure OS disk  and use the 500 as game disk :) so much better 

12 minutes ago, S0zi0p4th said:

you should not clone it to the 500gb keep the 250 as pure OS disk  and use the 500 as game disk :) so much better 

Damn it! Now U are asking for it! Looks like I will have to keep my empty 1TB storage HDD into the static bag once I have the 500GB!