Chance of Revive.So stupid

Pilger

I have another official gripe. 

The chance of revive thing is rubbish.  Can we have this turned off please so there is a 100% chance of being revived by a medic?

This feature where you have a 50%-50% chance of being revived by a medic is incredibly disruptive to maintaining the cohesion of a squad or group.  Even if you have a medic in your squad or have one nearby.

If you can't be revived then you have to re-spawn and run the gauntlet of flying back to your squad mates then meeting up with them.  Opening up many more chances of getting perma-killed again.  Often this means spending literally hours crashing in helicopters and re-spawning and huge walks from the LZ back to the AO (which will often be nearly over).

I understand there is the "realism" aspect of it to consider but I would gladly forgo a bit of  "realism" to get rid of this massive pain in the butt that is this ridiculous feature.

I have been playing on a server where anybody can revive a dead player, however there is an incentive to play medic as only medics can restore full health. There is also para-dropping available.  This makes the game play much more fun.  However I can concede that perhaps this is way too much in the way of freedom of game play for AHOY I&A servers.

Para-dropping is more than a little silly and would dramatically change I&A game play, so I am happy not to have this.

I can even concede to only medics being able to revive dead players is fine really, I am happy with that.

However PLEASE get rid of the chance of revival thing.  It is seriously putting me off from playing I&A these days.

I have to say since the chance of survival was introduced I have been a medic twice, before that I was a medic 90% of the time.

Also concur about realism, there is a place for it, but I don't think this extreme is needed on EU1 or EU2 (just my personal opinon of course).

I do think only medics should be able to revive though, as healing to full health means pretty much nothing, most FAK heals are enough to get by making a medic without revive fairly redundant.

On 6.3.2017 at 3:24 PM, Pilger said:

The chance of revive thing is rubbish.  Can we have this turned off please so there is a 100% chance of being revived by a medic?

This feature where you have a 50%-50% chance of being revived by a medic is incredibly disruptive to maintaining the cohesion of a squad or group .  Even if you have a medic in your squad or have one nearby.

If you can't be revived then you have to re-spawn and run the gauntlet of flying back to your squad mates then meeting up with them.  Opening up many more chances of getting perma-killed again.  Often this means spending literally hours crashing in helicopters and re-spawning and huge walks from the LZ back to the AO (which will often be nearly over).

I understand there is the "realism" aspect of it to consider but I would gladly forgo a bit of  "realism" to get rid of this massive pain in the butt that is this ridiculous feature.

There´s quite something to say about the "new created" medic system.i "disliked" it much from the start.

May sound harsh,as the system has a few nicer features @animation,free look and "nxt medic pos" highlighted ... but it is a permanent b*tch to face on a public server with usual mix of players.It changes the mentality of players in the long run too as its way quicker to respawn instant base and reinsert then having to wait minutes for amedic to come+survive+heal you in given time - i noticed this myself that due to the missing "Grab/Carry" option you take it given fact to not even care for looking for a medic when one of your mates gets wounded/shot.

Then there s this "cant talk in chat/call for medic" once in wounded animation which is JUST HORRIBLE WRONG !

Its god damn frustrating to only be able to watch map and hope for the sake of the task you were on to get some medic to notice you even wounded and need assistance.

Funny,i notice sometimes "some" peopel are able to use chat when in animation -i even had that once happen to me - but its so goddamn seldom its my main gripe to this system.

Back in the days,Norrin´s revive had a option to set a alternative revive point that was (depending on certain mission) a mobile medic span deplyable by medic (to much hassle for I+A with 60players) or add such a point to AO´s so it moves with each AO but stays in the near outskirts of it maybe 3-4k away with no teleport option too.

Just a quickshot idea.

Or tweak medic system and make it 2 parameter options (set by admin of server) so you can have "unforgiving and TSneeded" option for h4rdCore *cough* EU3#(yea,fkk it - its EU3# and not AWE to me) and a "softcore" option for pub servers.

For the sake of gameplay on EU1# and 2# i support a demand for a better solution than now.

(adapt current medic system accordingly or swap back to a Norrin like system)

I was about to reply sooner but had different occupations to deal with.

Interesting there s so low response to a "issue" we all face.

Agree with Scar on his observations.

Last night I was laying there, the medic close by got a prompt from someone I needed help as he had no idea I was down (unlike the old obvious markers etc) and when he came over I could hear him trying his damndest but I couldn't respond. Eventually I respawned, felt bad as I couldn't tell him to give up trying as it was bugged, and I understood he tried.

The old system wasn't perfect, but it worked 90% of the time.

I can't say I've had much experience with the new medic system since I rarely play as infantry. 

However the things I liked about the previous system (as some have mentioned):

Downed players can still talk in chat

Downed players are visible on the map

Players aren't perma-killed - I don't know the details of how it works currently, other than it happens too often

Can drag downed players and transport them in vehicles (I don't know if this is in the current system?)

If this could be added to the new system then it would be perfect(ish)

3 hours ago, Jason. said:

I can't say I've had much experience with the new medic system since I rarely play as infantry. 

However the things I liked about the previous system (as some have mentioned):

Downed players can still talk in chat

Downed players are visible on the map

Players aren't perma-killed - I don't know the details of how it works currently, other than it happens too often

Can drag downed players and transport them in vehicles (I don't know if this is in the current system?)

If this could be added to the new system then it would be perfect(ish)

So these are my opinions on it.

It's buggy, often the option to revive doesn't appear, or the procedure halts halfway through, or it 'works' and the revived player cannot get up.

Perma death happens way too often, from artillery and heavy weapons fair enough, but from small arms it's just annoying to be domed from 500m through a helmet by an enemy you can barely see and now back to base. There is no need for it on a pub server, allow revives and let them get back in the fray; realistic? No. Better? Yes

Heli crashes at an AO could mean if there is a medic on the scene, he could revive them all; rather than the respawn, new chopper, return to AO rigmarole; realistic? No. Better? Yes

Downed players are purple on the map, unidentified enemies/NPCs are purple on the map as well. Used to be orange and there was a marker on your hud and distance; realistic? No. Better? Yes

Used to be able to chat in text while down, now nothing is available; realistic? No. Better? Yes

Realism is fine in small doses and Arma has enough in vanilla for those that want it, for those that want more realism, we have the lovely AWEU3 :D

2 hours ago, Gamerbug said:

Taking my annoyances aside, changing the medic to this abomination made @fir_nev become a hilltop Titan sniper with a million rockets in his Hemtt, I've sensed the evidence. You've literally 'Scarred' him for life.

I&A 3.x has limited my role from being a hilltop Titan sniper and medic on wheels (ATs and APs included) to only the former... :(

In retrospect, I must say that I miss being able to revive guy killed by a shot in the head or victims of heli crash. At first, I welcomed the change but now it seems to me that it is much better suited for more organised gameplay.

Not able to use chat while down also seemed like a good idea as side chat was sometimes flooded by wounded guys swearing at some oblivious medic.

I must admit that I was wrong and I would welcome the option on EU1&2 to type/talk in chat while downed under the burning wreck of a helicopter.

What do we want? To go back to the old way of being a medic!

When do we wan't it? Erm well anytime, but we understand that you might not be able to implement this anytime soon, but to know it might be something you'd consider and would potentially implement in the future even though technically this is it the wrong area to suggest an idea to be implemented, would be grand!

So yeah, you've been told... and stuff.

:D

my personal opinion on it,

On EU1 I play as a full time medic. I find this new system very frustrating. from my observations I would say that 80% of the time when people get downed they are sent straight to the respawn screen instantly, no chance of revival. This frustrates me because its 8 out of 10 times than somebody is insta killed, making me as a medic, my role feel useless.

From some of my other experiences, getting downed it is counter intuitive that you cannot message in any of the channels, therefore you cannot make any other medics aware that you are in need of revival. I also dislike how you cannot see downed players on the map, as I used to check the map constantly to find players that need reviving, something I cannot do anymore.

Overall I found the old system much more useful and worked fine for the most part, and if possible would love to see it re-implemented, but this is just my two cents on the matter.

14 minutes ago, Xwatt said:

you cannot message in any of the channels

But you can make map markers.  And hope that there is a medic that checks his map frequently. :)

14 minutes ago, Xwatt said:

I also dislike how you cannot see downed players on the map

You actually still can, kinda.  Downed people turn purple/violet...  (depending on who you ask).  The downside is that teamkillers become purple/violet/... as well.  And normally you should see a marker floating around if you're walking around within a certain range of a downed player (if i'm not mistaken).

Also if you remember any type of bugs could you report them here?  Seeing how you're a full time medic you might have come across some.

10 hours ago, Stanhope said:

You actually still can, kinda.  Downed people turn purple/violet...  (depending on who you ask).  The downside is that teamkillers become purple/violet/... as well.  And normally you should see a marker floating around if you're walking around within a certain range of a downed player (if i'm not mistaken).

Unindentified AI are also purple (or violet depending on who you ask), making heading to that purple marker a bit of a risk as it could be a civilian (if those still spawn?) or an EI as it was the other night.

Thing is was the old system wasn't broken, but it got "fixed"

I will say both attempts at revive last night worked for me, but the poor guy who tried to revive me tried 5 times and I assume the circle/meter bugged out on him, as on his 5th try, the Marid that was behind a hill lumbered back into view and we were both down. It shouldn't be that frustrating to a new player to revive.

However I am playing a medic again to see if my gripes are founded or not (so far I'd say its weighted towards they are).

310 views and only 16 replies.  A hot topic indeed but come on you lurkers post what you think. 

Post your objection to this stupid revive system and perhaps we can get it changed.

I can't be bothered to play I&A on Ahoy servers unless this rubbish revive system is changed.

Hi like we posted here 

We are looking in to the revive.

What i also gonna say is changes arent done over night nor can we turn back to the old system or new BI system atm 

The reasons for that i wont give out in this post iff you wanna know you could try aond contact me on TS about it 

Greets Sozio

1 hour ago, Pilger said:

310 views and only 16 replies.  A hot topic indeed but come on you lurkers post what you think. 

Post your objection to this stupid revive system and perhaps we can get it changed.

I can't be bothered to play I&A on Ahoy servers unless this rubbish revive system is changed.

No wonder I have not seen U lately. U should drop by and see what I&A 3.1.2 has to offer.

4 hours ago, S0zi0p4th said:

Hi like we posted here 

We are looking in to the revive.

What i also gonna say is changes arent done over night nor can we turn back to the old system or new BI system atm 

The reasons for that i wont give out in this post iff you wanna know you could try aond contact me on TS about it 

Greets Sozio

1, Yep which is awesome

2, Yep that makes perfect sense, Rome wasn't built in a day and all that, and the clarity you cannot do either of those at the moment is good to know.

3, Actually giving the reason on the forum (not necessarily this post) might make sense. On the forum one post answers everyone, on TS you can have many people ask the same thing on and you end up answering time and again.

Regardless much appreciated is the fact you are looking into it.

5 hours ago, Pilger said:

But they may not object, or don't care either way as they never play medic, or just happily respawn.

Those that care have posted and AW have said they are looking into it, but it takes time, might not even be possible anytime soon, yes it sucks, but til then were living with it or we aren't and we don't play, choice is ours.