Prowler/Blackfish Rule

Chutnut

Question

So recently with the prowlers added I saw an annoying situation I ran into a couple of times, I can't find any prowlers. Both times this had happened I checked Zeus to find them laying over a random area of the map or at one point I saw a blackfish pilot dumping them over some troops who don't even notice it. The point is I think a rule should be added for all vehicles that they may only be lifted to the AO if they have been requested there or are in the vehicle lift zone.

Tell me your thoughts!

\\ Chutnut //

12 answers to this question

I'm definitely not against it.  But it might be hard to enforce and most pilots will, at least at first, not know about this rule.  Both not good reasons to not implement it.  And isn't it already kind of covered under the wasting assets rule?  Even if so, i don't think it'd hurt anyone to make it clear.  Just my 2 cents.

13 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

I'm definitely not against it.  But it might be hard to enforce and most pilots will, at least at first, not know about this rule.  Both not good reasons to not implement it.  And isn't it already kind of covered under the wasting assets rule?  Even if so, i don't think it'd hurt anyone to make it clear.  Just my 2 cents.

I suppose its not necessarily a 'new rule' But I am just reinforcing it and making people aware of this, And yes pilots may not read the rules but most people don't read the rules at all so we can't guarantee they do everything correct.

the real question is the necessity of a Blackfish ...

Cause it really causes more mess (on base) than the advantages it offers.

For keeping it,i support your  before statement:

1 hour ago, Chutnut said:

The point is I think a rule should be added for all vehicles that they may only be lifted to the AO if they have been requested there or are in the vehicle lift zone.

but i rather see it removed and only be added via rewards and not as stock asset.

Just now, TheScar said:

the real question is the necessity of a Blackfish ...

Cause it really causes more mess (on base) than the advantages it offers.

I respectfully disagree.  I find it a great way to paradrop supplies in.  I just load up a quad with what people need, put it in the back and paradrop it almost on top of them.  It's also quite useful if you want to get your prowler to the AO. But that's all just my personal opinion.

so basically like a regular GH or a Huron could you say? ^_^

Whats wrong with doing it the old way and use a choppers inventory and people have to fall back to LZs in order to be supplied?

Just because that big fat whale can load a "QuadBike" and is able to paradrop it (it doesnt need to be landed in order to supply,this is your main argument for it) doesnt mean it´s a good addition to the Vortex assets.

And both the Huron (DLC to operate) as the Blackfish (APEX dependancy) feature the possibility for non DLC/APEX users to not make use of it - which is another point to neither have both,just the Huron DLC solution is quite smarter than the APEX integration (imo)

For real,i seen the Blackfish more often abused than the goddamn Buzzard(AA)jet - the fact you got 1 user making good use of it doesnt make up for the gazillion others that fly sightseeing tours,crash it on base/pads/service or just paradrop a endless supply of Prowlers,Hunters or QuadBike´s.

nuff said.

B)

7 minutes ago, TheScar said:

so basically like a regular GH or a Huron could you say? ^_^

Yes but it's faster and more fun :D

8 minutes ago, TheScar said:

Whats wrong with doing it the old way and use a choppers inventory and people have to fall back to LZs in order to be supplied?

Slower and less fun :D

9 minutes ago, TheScar said:

Just because that big fat whale can load a "QuadBike" and is able to paradrop it (it doesnt need to be landed in order to supply,this is your main argument for it) doesnt mean it´s a good addition to the Vortex assets.

When there is a fob it's also handy to fly the marshall around.

8 minutes ago, TheScar said:

And both the Huron (DLC to operate) as the Blackfish (APEX dependancy) feature the possibility for non DLC/APEX users to not make use of it - which is another point to neither have both,just the Huron DLC solution is quite smarter than the APEX integration (imo)

True, but there are 6 birds and 5 pilots.

9 minutes ago, TheScar said:

the fact you got 1 user making good use of it doesnt make up for the gazillion others that fly sightseeing tours,crash it on base/pads/service or just paradrop a endless supply of Prowlers,Hunters or QuadBike´s.

I can't argue with that, you're (unfortunately for those who don't abuse it) right.

Blackfish is a great asset. Yes, it doesn't expand the pilots capabilities in any revolutionary way, but it is, as said, great fun to fly and airdrop resupplies are also handy. For a Huron-hater like me, I feel the blackfish is a great alternative.

But yes, littering in general is still a problem & it is quite annoying when pilots start raining random vehicles onto the AO, just because "they can". But that is also just a part of life on a open server and nothing that breaks the game for other players.... mostly :D

I suggest observe and report approach.

Personally, I have not seen anybody raining vehicles yet but if the trend becomes a problem, then we should act on it. With smart pilots around, I am sure Blackfish will be of more use.

Honestly I see the Black-fish as a tool for squad play. Whilst that's somewhat of a rarity when there are squads around, I've used the BF to great effect. The ability to drop a small squad closer in to the action, with mobility to allow them to get to the more tricky positions, and with a vehicle loaded with ammo to support them, I feel is growing. Currently it seems there's rarely a pilot in it, so no-one gets to see it shine, but the people I've dropped off in it seem to love it as much as I do flying it.

Lets give it some time to settle in with the additions of the unarmed hunters / prowlers and see how its role shapes up?

Who knows, someday maybe even Scar will try loading up in an armed prowler instead of a hunter HMG for the further away side missions, safe in the knowledge he doesn't have to worry about if the pilot can actually land the thing ;)

With regards to the mess on base I don't find it any worse than the usual quads littered around the heli spawns or the rewards bin