Blocking Command VON

Chutnut

Question

So for a long time now Command chat has been open for Microphone use however this feature is very annoying to 75% of players, I would like to suggest we block this VON communication as it is technically the exact same as Side chat just only squad leaders can hear it. Since it requires you to join a squad to not hear it I think this is why we should get rid of it. Tell me what you think

6 answers to this question

55 minutes ago, Winter said:

I agree. I think it only rarely serves any purpose on EU #1-2. Emphasis on "rarely", feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

I have seen people try to use it as intended, only to be told not to use it.

So yes rarely and then meeting with annoyance (typically)

1 hour ago, Gamerbug said:

I have seen people try to use it as intended, only to be told not to use it.

So yes rarely and then meeting with annoyance (typically)

I've also seen people trying to use it as intended.  Usually they try to reach 'command'.  If i'm not in the middle of a landing or flying rather low i reply that there is no command and that they can just ask whatever it is they want to ask.  But i've heard people beat me to it and just tell the guy that simply wants to get a ride for his squad or a drone strike to shut up (phrased differently but it boils down to this).  

I personally don't mind people using VON in command if they are using it as intended.  I do get annoyed by the people mistaking command for group or vehicle.