Rewards Rework

Lone

Question

Hello all,

It's time for the admin team to ask your much-valued opinion, as many of you may have noticed the current reward system is viewed as sub-par by many long-term players and this has spurred the admin team into a careful discussion of our current options.

What we are thinking about is a complete rework of the current reward system, and therefore I&A itself. Here's the down low on our current idea, subject to changes and open to criticism and suggestions:

1. Remove non-standard vehicles from all default spawns (including FOB's and any other old spawning methods)
  2. Add a point-based system for the purchase of non-standard vehicles, points will be awarded for...
    1. Completing AO's, Main, Priority and Side (NOT individual kills)
    2. Transporting Troops
    3. Team-based actions, for example reviving or repairing
  3. Add a point-based system for the purchase of other combat aides, artillery strikes for example.
  4. Reward points are both individual and squad-based: so you can buy rewards as an individual, or donate your points to your squad so the squad leader can buy larger rewards.
  5. Reward squad-based play without penalizing solo play, for example, players complete a mission:
    1. All players on the server get 10 individual points
    2. All players who participated in the mission get 100 individual points
    3. All squads who participated in the mission gets 50 communal points
      1. Squad leader gets +25 points
    4. (These values are wildly speculative and subject to change)
  6. Reduce player point gain in non-standard vehicles to encourage their use as a support rather than a *Lets Complete the AO* (This also promotes a fairer distribution of assets amongst players). While players are mounted on certain vehicles, they accumulate points differently:
    1. 1st class : Armoured vehicles, vehicles with cannons : no points with active reward of that kind

2. 2nd class : Medium vehicles, vehicles with guns : half points
    3. 3rd class : Transport vehicles : full points
  7. Limit the number of extreme assets (i.e. the Slammer) to prevent overuse. E.G.
    1. MAX 1 Heavy Tank

2. MAX 1 Gunship class helicopter

3. MAX 3 APC Class Vehicles

4. etc...

Here is a WIP list of proposed spawnable's, exact point costs yet to be discussed.

Costs.thumb.PNG.0cfd9ab62b36986a58a46bb40d2ab8d0.PNG

As said above, we at AW value your opinions and feedback. When it comes to the up and coming next iteration of I&A, this is the place to air your grievances, ideas and comments. 

Thank you in advance,

Great to see that it's in progress

7 hours ago, Ryko said:

1) there's a "reward zone" where reward vehicles spawn after they're purchased. It looks onto a runway so you can easily taxi out and fly off, or drive out, etc.

6 hours ago, fir_nev said:

An extra spot for players to 'teleport' or choose on their spawn screen so that it will not cluster with the current base setup.

I would suggest having two categories of reward vehicles, ground and air. This way the air vehicles can spawn on the runway, and the ground vehicles can spawn in another part of the base e.g. where the current reward vehicles spawn. It could also be nice if there's an option to spawn it at an FOB instead of the main base.

8 hours ago, Ryko said:

2) reward vehicles are locked to your group, so players in other groups cannot enter them. I may further restrict this to the group leader, or person who actually purchased the vehicle, with the option that the purchaser can unlock the vehicle to other group members or to all other players.

The default setting should probably be locked to the purchaser, to minimise griefing, with the option to unlock it for the group or for everyone (which will be a really nice feature btw).

8 hours ago, Ryko said:

3) air vehicles are still locked to pilot slots, and you won't be able to buy a vehicle you're not entitled to pilot.

If possible the squad leader for the pilots SHOULDN'T get any additional points like the other squad leaders. This is because (usually) the 5 pilots are in the same group but there is no actual "leader", so it doesn't make sense for the SL to get any more points than the other pilots. This would also avoid the issue for people fighting over who is the SL for the pilots.

8 hours ago, Ryko said:

4) you have five minutes to collect your reward vehicle, after which it will be despawned.

Could it not instead be made that the vehicle is unlocked for all after 5 mins? That way the vehicle wouldn't be wasted and if needed can just be driven out of the spawn area. Also the time could probably be deceased to 1 or 2 mins, I don't see why somebody buying a reward vehicle should need so much time to go and collect it.

About the costs of the rewards, I think that's best left to be tweaked after release from player feedback, since it's hard to know at this stage how it will turn out.

1 hour ago, radek said:

maybe a limit on group size, to stop invite parties (or a cap on total group reward)

I think this is a very good idea, otherwise it will be a big issue having half the server in a single group to farm points.

btw, the arma default scoring:

+1 inf

+2 soft vehicle

+3 armor

+5 air

IA adds +1 for medic revive, +2 if revive in group

rewards

arty strike = 75

CAS gun = 90

CAS rockets = 110

CAS combo = 130

MLRS = 150

1 hour ago, Jason. said:

I would suggest having two categories of reward vehicles, ground and air. This way the air vehicles can spawn on the runway, and the ground vehicles can spawn in another part of the base e.g. where the current reward vehicles spawn. It could also be nice if there's an option to spawn it at an FOB instead of the main base.

Agree it would make sense to separate air and ground rewards, but whatever you do, do NOT under any circumstance create a spawn on an active taxiway or runway. There's a reason spawn areas and hotspots are clearly defined and/or separated from the outside world in the current I&A version. :P Doing otherwise is just asking for problems, because the last thing you want is that a reward is bought and spawns right in front of a heli or UAV on short final. ;)

I really like the idea of a point system but I think that many might find it frustrating when they have been used to our current system for son long. (This is just constructive criticism here) I believe that a viable alternative would be increasing Side-Mission and Priority-Target mission count. Increasing in variety, rewards for completing and more "creative" ideas behind them. 

I also believe that the point system might turn into a snowball effect and turn into a 'monopoly' of sorts. Lets take a tank crew for example, lets say this tank crew is ex-milsim and is highly competent. They might be able to keep their tank online for several hours, returning to base to rearm and refuel as needed. This could be fustrating for a second tank crew that wants a go but can't because you only allow one.

In my opinion, I like our current system but I do think it does need a upgrade in the variety and reward department. 

--Doc

13 hours ago, Doc said:

Lets take a tank crew for example, lets say this tank crew is ex-milsim and is highly competent. They might be able to keep their tank online for several hours, returning to base to rearm and refuel as needed.

Chances of enemy CAS hitting them with AG missile is high.

I agree with proposed solution.

I would love to see armed Huron (with lockable turrets) in the reward pool.

As for the cost of the rewards, I would recommend visiting some servers which use currency based system for inspiration on a ratio of points between assets. If you can then determine average points gain per hour for a player you can set the bar quite accurately where you want it. This can provide a good foundation that you can then build and tweak on.

@Jason.I am against limiting group size by the hard limit. I would make a soft limit where bigger squad gets less communal points and thus make bigger squads less effective in "farming" points.

Hey, so I do like all these ideas a lot! As for the medic side of it I personally use a unarmed hunter to drive around the AO as a medic to revive people. From memory in most cases there has been no medic around the downed player and the closest medic was on the other side of the AO, they were 90% surprised to see me roll up in a hunter just to revive them. Now there have been times where I have been looking at the map to see if a medic is playing his role as sometimes there is a medic that goes around a big group of friendlies and is concentrating on the fire fight instead of concentrating on playing his/her role, now I have gotten maybe about half way to the downed player in the hunter or just rolled up to them to find that the player has finally seen the downed player and has either revived them or is in the process of reviving them.

Side note: I forget who said it about there not being a Admin or Zeus player on.... I've noticed that most of the Admins are based in the Europe region and there are a lot of players in the North American region so when the Admins are signing off there are players signing on...I don't know if you should have a more diverse group of admins so that there is coverage on the server all the time because when I sign on there are mostly always no admins on and the players tend to abuse things more often when they know there is no admin online. Just a thought though as I know there is a application for the admin role and there is a message that pops up on the server at the beginning of the game saying youre always on the lookout for admins. Again just a thought.

Oh and I posted this before but maybe implement a system of players being able to STABILIZE the downed player giving the medic time to get there. Again just another thought.

Sorry I've been away for a while, and just catching up. How about grouping all the vehicles into sets, and dynamically changing pricing, so we get more variety.

I.e. The light vehicle set might have Prowlers Hunters offroads, quads etc in it, lets say 11 different variants of these to make the maths in the example simple. If someone buys a light prowler, the price for light prowlers goes up 10%, and all the others in the set are discounted 1% You could still have a differing base price for each one which the discount is multiplied with, after all a quad does not equal a HMG hunter, but I feel this would be a really simple change and might make things a little more interesting in terms of variety.