first come - first serve

TheScar

@TheScar what do you expect from McKillen? That guy who drove away broke no rules (except that dip counts over everything;)) so everything is fine when looking at the aspect of rules. Ofc that guy (who took the tank) is a dumb idiot but well most people on the internet and therefore also on public servers are.<_< What do you want to do about that? You now wrote 28 lines (+ a few empty ones) and added a nice picture that shows a conversation with a Spartan who hasn´t done anything wrong. He was just doing his job. Not more. Not less. If you want that rewards rework so badly: For example call out to anyone involved in I&A developement directly and ask for it. They may tell you it will come, or it wont come or whatever but why would you start raging about dumb randoms in here to get it?:huh: And to the thing about justice: I bet you´ll find people here who don´t think you are sensible when it comes to that.;) I also think the AW Rules are not strict enough but if I or anyone else has a problem with anything here we all are free to choose a different community/server to play. Easy as that.

Don´t get me wrong I am totally on your side when it comes to starting a discussion about something like that but you know: "The tone makes the music" and what you are doing is just pointing fingers.

Best regards

Noah:)

Maybe just make the first spawn of the reward at the side mission location, at least someone who is actually there at completion would take it for the first ride.

ps the "only idiots play in eu#1 because it is public" mentality is way below any standards of the human realm imo ...

54 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

You now wrote 28 lines (+ a few empty ones) and added a nice picture that shows a conversation with a Spartan who hasn´t done anything wrong. He was just doing his job. Not more. Not less.

You seem to not read (or understand) my post at all.

I clearly stated  i expected a admin to step in to calm/solve the situation.

Which were around (on TS) but choose to send "their" message via a ZEUS.

Knowing me (and quite a few of them do) it was quite obvious i m not gonna settle with that decicion (again).

And what would be so hard to tell "that pub" he had no claim to uphold for that MBT,suggest him to exit it and negotiate for it like civilised people or (the option i prefer) hand me MY KUMA.I´vs seen several occasions people in charge handed vehicles (of any sort) to players they get along with finer (read=get their ass kissed) than me,abusing their given powers on occasions they felt comfortable with.

It had been a matter of minutes untill all of this had been forgotten and the world kept turning.

And now you tell me

54 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

but you know: "The tone makes the music" and what you are doing is just pointing fingers.

What other option do i have,pls enlight me?

Ima list it for you :

• suck it up,move on,wait for nxt chance to be betrayed again,rinse repeat
  • AT the KUMA (like i consider´d) and get a ban (for life)
  • find a different server,devote time to another community

I m curious.

I really am.

35 minutes ago, TheScar said:

You seem to not read (or understand) my post at all.

I´d  say I do. You are raging because admins are not enforcing rules that aren´t there but should be in your opinion.

33 minutes ago, TheScar said:

I clearly stated  i expected a admin to step in to calm/solve the situation.

There was nothing to solve since there hasn´t happened any rule breaking.

38 minutes ago, TheScar said:

And what would be so hard to tell "that pub" he had no claim to uphold for that MBT,suggest him to exit it and negotiate for it like civilised people or (the option i prefer) hand me MY KUMA

Well just why? You may earned it but you earned it for the team not for yourself. This implies that everyone can take it. So again long story short: It wasn´t your kuma.

49 minutes ago, TheScar said:

.I´vs seen several occasions people in charge handed vehicles (of any sort) to players they get along with finer

Does that really wonders you if you are always getting up the barricades when something happens? It might be not fair but well but then that´s just how it might be here.

40 minutes ago, TheScar said:

abusing their given powers on occasions they felt comfortable with

Report them. If nothing happens then it might just be the wrong community for you (but later more on this).

41 minutes ago, TheScar said:

What other option do i have,pls enlight me?

Ima list it for you :

• suck it up,move on,wait for nxt chance to be betrayed again,rinse repeat
  • AT the KUMA (like i consider´d) and get a ban (for life)
  • find a different server,devote time to another community

You already said it. That are your options. If you don´t like how things are going you can either "suck it up" and just keep playing, AT a player again and get banned again, or find a different server. The other thing that is possible in my opinion is to start a discussion. As said: What you are doing instead is not starting a discussion but just pointing fingers and telling everything is bad (maybe a discussion isn´t working for this topic since your requested changes weren´t made in the past 5 months but this might also be a sign that the community is maybe diverting into a direction you don´t want it <=> this might not be the best community for you)

To get back to that reward rework/ locking script: it is most definitely still being worked on.  We haven't abandoned or forgotten it.  I'm not saying there weren't any ups and downs while working on it.  But it is being worked on.  

There are multiple reasons why it's already taken so long.  One of the main reasons is that we want a proper system that doesn't leave any obvious ways to troll.  Trolls will always find a way, but that doesn't mean we've got to make it easy for them.

Another reason is that our developers, unfortunately, can't work full-time on it because of reasons you can probably imagine.

To get to this specific event: what the spartan in question did wasn't wrong.  Whether it was right or not is debatable as you can quote both rules in favour and against.

If you want us to make a rule change pls tell us.  We'll happily discuss this internally and get back to you as soon as possible.  When this is I cannot say because well you haven't asked yet (oh and I don't know how long discussions will take)  I can assure you it will be within 5 months ^_^

-stan

Scar, you asked an admin or zeus to step in and help you out with your situation. I then proceeded to tell you that he hadn't broken any rules therefore there was nothing we can do. In cases like that were it does indeed need to be between the players. My message did not come from and admin, those were my own words. Also, no admins were notified. You didn't ask for one. You just said you wanted someone to step in but didn't come on teamspeak to search for one. They can't help if they don't know.

but to know is part of the job right, you cant just play the game and admin only what you see 100m around you right ? you can spectate, stay in zeus and continuously scan,  do admin stuff .... i have done it for 2 years i am not guessing , i know

but to know is part of the job right, you cant just play the game and admin only what you see 100m around you right ? you can spectate, stay in zeus and continuously scan,  do admin stuff ....

There were no admins online and he didn't call for one. Two zeus players were the only players on so what more can we give him? You can't expect admins to be on the server all day everyday seeing everything

Just now, McKillen said:

There were no admins online and he didn't call for one. Two zeus players were the only players on so what more can we give him? You can't expect admins to be on the server all day everyday seeing everything

not if there were 10 servers and 2 admins no, in that case you would be 110% right

Being an Admin in AhoyWorld is not about personally policing the servers.

That's exactly why the Zeus-level players exist in the first place; to keep an eye on things on server, fix problems as needed and catch offenders when possible.

No member of AhoyWorld gets a paycheck for their work.

Admins have other tasks and often better things to do with their time.

Legally, nothing wrong with jumping into a side mission reward.

Ethic-wise, could have told the driver of the KUMA to leave because the player who completed it wants to drive what he/she earned. If the said driver refuse to leave, then, he/she better be prepared to get a earful from me when the asset gets wasted. @TheScar and I saw people d/c out of shame because they wasted a totally useful asset.

It is not every day players who complete side mission call for dips on their rewards. I earned a number of Blackfoot and Kajman only to see pub pilots waste them. :rolleyes:

I stand term-wise corrected. The common place is that the server admins keep an eye on things and catch offenders,  that is why common people call for "admins" and not "zeus-level players" for "policing" duty. But now that the contextual distinction in terms is clear to me i won't misuse it in the future. I know and appreciate that the work is voluntary as i have done it myself without any paycheck.

In this case it seems clear that the Zeus-level staff accurately didn't consider themselves as having the authority to make that call; and didn't consider it important enough to warrant getting an Admin on the case.

Had the players in question wanted to, they could have taken it upon themselves to seek out an Admin, who would have had such authority.

The dark side is that the decision led to one unhappy customer but the bright side is that maybe a nice solution for the side-missions reward system issue might come out from the open discussion.

If something is enough of an issue for it to negatively impact a player's enjoyment, then it is down to that player to raise said issue with a member of the staff team. Failing to raise an issue with a staff team member would insinuate to me that it is therefore not enough of an issue for the person to go out of their way to attempt to rectify.

If the player is unwilling to put the effort to connect to teamspeak, or message an admin directly then that speaks volumes to me. 

Spartan's are not staff - they are ambassadors. There are always staff around; shouting 'admin' in game does not necessarily qualify (to me at least) as going and finding a staff member to rectify an issue. If it is 5pm UK local, chances are an admin will see it. If it's 2pm in the afternoon then chances are a staff member won't (most of us are still at work).

For the record; this is my personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of other staff members or AhoyWorld as an entity. 

6 hours ago, McKillen said:

Scar, you asked an admin or zeus to step in and help you out with your situation.

6 hours ago, McKillen said:

There were no admins online and he didn't call for one. Also, no admins were notified. You didn't ask for one.

4 hours ago, Amentes said:

Being an Admin in AhoyWorld is not about personally policing the servers.

That's exactly why the Zeus-level players exist in the first place; to keep an eye on things on server, fix problems as needed and catch offenders when possible.

4 hours ago, Amentes said:

In this case it seems clear that the Zeus-level staff accurately didn't consider themselves as having the authority to make that call; and didn't consider it important enough to warrant getting an Admin on the case.

Had the players in question wanted to, they could have taken it upon themselves to seek out an Admin, who would have had such authority.

2 hours ago, Copey said:

If the player is unwilling to put the effort to connect to teamspeak, or message an admin directly then that speaks volumes to me. 

I did called out in chat for a ZEUS or admin to look into the actual situation.

All i got was 2 (!) ZEUS´s that told me the exact same thing.

Which is they cannot act on it.

I dont expect a immidiant reaction by admins by default.

But,given the past history (of mine) i did expected a proper handling of  said situation.

And good call Amentes and Copey - thats just the response i expected from the (higher Tiers) above ZEUS team.

In short - the response "fuck you" comes to mind.

There s plenty of times i connected to TS with issues to handle and got told of by Staff (we look into it,cant do anything as rules say blablabla,etc) so exuse me when i got my doubts about the support of Staff in those matters.

And screw your ruleset when you cant even rely on gut feeling to handle such a thing.

In fact,i now wasted 3h of my life by this (discussion ingame,make forum post,reply now,etc.)

For a video game reward.

And what did it got me?

Shit smeared in my face,my reputation is even more contradicted now and my "trust" in your "decicion makin" is sinking by the minute.

7 hours ago, Stanhope said:

To get back to that reward rework/ locking script: it is most definitely still being worked on.

2 hours ago, Ryko said:

We're well aware of the issues of the rewards system.

Right,why make a 5min call that had calmed the waves when you can develope a totally new,more complicated and most propably even worse turning out system than the current one.

Exactly.

7 hours ago, Noah_Hero said:

As said: What you are doing instead is not starting a discussion but just pointing fingers and telling everything is bad (maybe a discussion isn´t working for this topic since your requested changes weren´t made in the past 5 months but this might also be a sign that the community is maybe diverting into a direction you don´t want it <=> this might not be the best community for you)

Then give me the ability to delete my profile (incl. my post´s) and i ll be out of here by the weekend.

Im quite sure "Invision Power Services" does advise their customers to give users this ability if they request to.

Butthurt? Propably ...

Still,totally legal to call for that.

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:58 AM, IOnceWasATeddy said:

Scar, you cannot possibly expect any Admin to tell a player to leave a vehicle because you simply called dibs on it. Whoever gets the vehicle first means it is theirs. You might forget but the side missions arent designed specifically for you.

EU1 is a public server, you should expect people to not have any awareness (you've mentioned stuff like this before on many occasions) and take any vehicle they see regardless of whether you did the side mission all by yourself. 

To add: the reward system is being worked on, and I've seen it and it still has a bit of work to go for it to work as intended, but i must regretfully inform you that there is more important bugs to fix (for example the many bugged AOs) than work on the reward system so your Kuma can be saved every time you get one. The dev team is working hard but unfortunately we all have real lives and sometimes some of them have to step out months at a time for numerous issues as we all do. Reviving a thread and complaining wont make it come any faster.

Like i said months ago, EU1 is a public server, don't expect people to respect your "dips" every time you call it out.

In fact, since this thread is probably going to de-rail into madness again, and you've got your answers (albeit months ago), its getting locked.

• Teddy locked this topic