first come - first serve

TheScar

So,time to post a hatefull vengence thread

Done a side mission today and it rewarded a KUMA tank - some of you may know i m living for those kind of tank.I´d use it as day to day car if the parking space wouldnt be so limited.

Opend chat after the reward message popped up,wrote "dips" and then returned to lobby to load in new from base and be instant on "my" KUMA.

The second i arrive at base i m lookign for the kitten only to face it driven by a AW+ guy (which name doesnt matter much atm) i had quite traded bad buisness with.

Opend chat again and asked (first uncomonly nice) him to return "my" tank to base.

Which he replied "you d/c".

Now i m getting slowly pissed,because that guy pulled the same very abuse just 2 days ago with @Drunken,same thing - he did accomplish a side mission 16k off base,returned to lobby to get his KUMA tank and the AW+ guy sat in it with his m8s telling him the same story ... "we had it first" , "blablabla" i dont actually recall it exactly.

So,what options does that leave me with?

Titan him like he deserves,but face a ban again?

I connected to TS,PMed @Sozio to make  decicion,but he was busy.

PMed @Teddy 2 min after and got told "the admins do a first come,first serve policy and i should settle with this.

Guess what,i m not!

As there should be a ethic (yes,i know this word) code in any player of a MP game,which is very simple > dont take stuff you havnt worked for at all or at least ask

Even more fun is that you accept people with such a disrespect of morale into your lines

.Guess donating money doesnt warrant to judge a guy a few weeks before granting access into the lines.

Your choice,not mine.

Back to topic,this policy isnt acceptable and i expect from a game admin to have this situation better handled.

As how it ended is with a damaged KUMA on 1st AO and a fkking pissed and full of anger Scar.

I wont forget this,be assured.

As for now,im currently thinking of setting explosives to any side mission i clear so the reward gets spoiled to prevent similar issues.

Yea,i said it.

That s how pissed of i am.

And pls spare me the whiney posts - your assumptions of my gameplay or my mentality or similar is usually way off,so dont even try.

Got nothing worthy to add,simply dont post.

2 hours ago, TheScar said:

Opend chat after the reward message popped up,wrote "dips" and then returned to lobby to load in new from base and be instant on "my" KUMA.

Wouldn't respawning be faster? (5 second respawn delay compared to map loading times may be, but I don't know what system you're on)

2 hours ago, TheScar said:

Back to topic,this policy isnt acceptable and i expect from a game admin to have this situation better handled.

A policy like you demand it may be difficult to maintain consitently as you'd have to have at least one staff member physically present on the server each time and prior to similar incidents happening simply to be able to validate "claims" on the assets in question (kinda hard to check for player positions/actions/etc. when you aren't ingame). It may be possible to "simulate" something like that by writing a script which would lock mission rewards for people outside a designated area around mission objectives at the time of giving out the rewards so the folks who actually completed the mission have a few minutes to get it first but that sort of thing might unnessecarily bloat the mission file even further (also I have no idea if such script would solve your problem or cause even more issues).

@TheScar:

I understand your rage Scar. Actions of those players were intended to provoke you. To get rid of you with the perma ban. I don't know what you did to them or how you deserved their attention but they said it themselves on TS yesterday evening. 

@IOnceWasATeddy : Even if there is no proof. Those players were very much aware of what they are doing and announced their intent via TS to provoke SCAR to kill them. Off course you could not know that. When I typed to SCAR in an attempt to defuse the situation, they asked me to not contact him (basically shushed me). But can I ask you what passed through your head when you saw them perched on the hilltop away from AO (doing exactly nothing with that KUMA for at least 10 minutes) with SCAR at their back?

@ALL I am past the age that stigma of a snitch on the internet can bother me. I won't stand aside when somebody is trying to BULLY or PROVOKE others to get them banned from servers. In future cases with these MEMBERS please consider what I said in this post.

@SUPERLOVERs: I was disgusted by your lack of honour and respect to fellow player yesterday. I was used to dealing with this on PvP scene but we are on bloody COOP server. Can't you play nice with other kids?

1 hour ago, Cebi said:

@TheScar:

I understand your rage Scar. Actions of those players were intended to provoke you. To get rid of you with the perma ban. I don't know what you did to them or how you deserved their attention but they said it themselves on TS yesterday evening. 

@IOnceWasATeddy : Even if there is no proof. Those players were very much aware of what they are doing and announced their intent via TS to provoke SCAR to kill them. Off course you could not know that. When I typed to SCAR in an attempt to defuse the situation, they asked me to not contact him (basically shushed me). But can I ask you what passed through your head when you saw them perched on the hilltop away from AO (doing exactly nothing with that KUMA for at least 10 minutes) with SCAR at their back?

Trying to get others banned is unacceptable, next time call in a member of staff immediately.

6 hours ago, Tyberius said:

Wouldn't respawning be faster? (5 second respawn delay compared to map loading times may be, but I don't know what system you're on)

A policy like you demand it may be difficult to maintain consitently as you'd have to have at least one staff member physically present on the server each time

Yes,respawning is faster,but real man return lobby and load in new to avoid +1 death count :lol:

And no,i dont expect a admin to be present each time,but i wished EU1# had a admin/ZEUS present at any time,we got enough people in the ranks,no?

Reminds me back on a idea to have seperate admins for each server that spend their online time there mostly to ensure less fuck ups (Pilots,TKing,wasting assets,troll´ing,etc.)

5 hours ago, IOnceWasATeddy said:

Scar, you cannot possibly expect any Admin to tell a player to leave a vehicle because you simply called dibs on it. Whoever gets the vehicle first means it is theirs. You might forget but the side missions arent designed specifically for you.

EU1 is a public server, you should expect people to not have any awareness (you've mentioned stuff like this before on many occasions) and take any vehicle they see regardless of whether you did the side mission all by yourself. 

Oh yes,i can.

Thats the basic point of a admin,isnt it?

I dont mind side rewards are not "designed specifically for me" (kinda pathetic saying isnt it) and are up for anyone - but dont forget i spend 30min for this side alone while none of the pubs made any effort going for that mission.The fact it spawned a KUMA that early made me jump in exitement as i waited quite a  time for such a occasion and called dibs/dips - which clearly signals that i wanted it.

I wasnt even going to do hours with it,just 1-2 sides and some arty shredding in a great vehicle,then maybe have given it to anyone interested.

And on this very situation we r not talking about a "regular pub" - as i mentioned those dude(s) pulled that stunt twice now in the past week.

And let aside one of em is a AW+ "donator" so i can expect a tad of fair play.

In fact,in all those 2,5 years here i havnt seen a similar fuck up from a AHOY member at all.

1 hour ago, Cebi said:

Actions of those players were intended to provoke you. To get rid of you with the perma ban.

Even if there is no proof. Those players were very much aware of what they are doing and announced their intent via TS to provoke SCAR to kill them. Off course you could not know that. When I typed to SCAR in an attempt to defuse the situation, they asked me to not contact him (basically shushed me). But can I ask you what passed through your head when you saw them perched on the hilltop away from AO (doing exactly nothing with that KUMA for at least 10 minutes) with SCAR at their back?

Shows alot on character,doesnt it?

Just like i judge´d em the first time they came to EU1#

Hej Scar after some more info i got ill be looking in to this a bit more 

We are also looking in to how side mission rewards spawn atm and see iff we can change it (iff you got any idea's plz trade them with us)

While its true you worked most for that kuma at that moment its also true what teddy says  Due to EU#1 and 2  's public nature we cant force it that who ever calls dibs also gets the reward  But on the other hand i think your point is valid and when asked they should have given the kuma back esp because they did read the chat   

like i sayed ill be looking in certain aspects more atm and will come back about it 

Greets sozio

A policy like you demand it may be difficult to maintain consitently as you'd have to have at least one staff member physically present on the server each time and prior to similar incidents happening simply to be able to validate "claims" on the assets in question (kinda hard to check for player positions/actions/etc. when you aren't ingame).

I really dislike the idea of: "If we can't enforce the rule all the time, don't enforce it at all."

There are plenty of times I'll be online and I'll KNOW something happened, but I didn't get video, or I only caught half of it.

So I wait, and I watch, and eventually the person(s) I was suspicious of do(es) something shitty again.

Anyway, point being, plenty of stuff happens that nobody sees and nobody reports. Including mass TK and DC-type shit.

Could I realistically make a good call every single time something like this happens? No. But that's so with most of existing rules.

As for spawning in the Side reward, couldn't it be as simple as announcing what it is, and then delaying the spawn by a few minutes? Though maybe people will camp it then.

Karate Pyjamas: Trying to get others banned is unacceptable, next time call in a member of staff immediately.

IonceWasATeddy was aware that there is situation going on as Scar contacted him.

But truth to be told this was the first time I witnessed something like this and at first, I was unsure what to do. It came back to me today on my morning commute and decided that I must write a forum post about what transpired yesterday and I found out there is already this discussion going on. Do these guys even sleep?

Edit:

To add to the discussion: First come - first serve is very common with rewards for pilots and I became used to it and never doubted the fairness of a "race" to get into that juicy AH-99, A-164 or Mi-48. Rarely any of the pilots really "deserved" that reward by active participation on completing side missions. So if somebody bested me I learned to stop whining that they will crash it in 5 minutes and instead provided helping tips how to survive around active AO and still be effective. And then I facepalmed as they crashed it or cheered for them as they landed at the base to rearm.

I think that current state is ok if we act like civilised people. But there may be another way.

We do have a point reward system tied to score. You can spend these points for various fire missions. What if completing side mission (namely interacting with the objective) awarded 1 special point that you could then spent at Reward NPC. After consuming the point the reward rolled from the pool will spawn next to reward NPC. The race for the reward will change to race for the objective. Of course, we might face a different set of problems with this :).

Just an idea.

Its NOT about first come first serve, this is a bullsh*t argument, it really is. People who go by this rule are selfish pr*cks.

Just have the common curtesy to let other people have some rare items and fun with it aswell. Elitist bullsh*ttery as with someone dosnt know how to handle the given items couse hes a noob/dosnt know how to use "it"is another non-argument aswell, YES its frustrating seeing they cant handle the item, but what most people forget is the fact we all play for fun. Together.

Consider it/this a general statement/point of view, not pointing to anyone.

I wish i was there when the moment happend, but im in a very, very strange situation with spare time being almost non-existent. Even so hectic ive decided to get a smartphone to deal with the situation and no, ...im not sick...

1 hour ago, PiranhA said:

Its NOT about first come first serve, this is a bullsh*t argument, it really is. People who go by this rule are selfish pr*cks.

Just have the common curtesy to let other people have some rare items and fun with it aswell. Elitist bullsh*ttery as with someone dosnt know how to handle the given items couse hes a noob/dosnt know how to use "it"is another non-argument aswell, YES its frustrating seeing they cant handle the item, but what most people forget is the fact we all play for fun. Together.

Consider it/this a general statement/point of view, not pointing to anyone.

I wish i was there when the moment happend, but im in a very, very strange situation with spare time being almost non-existent. Even so hectic ive decided to get a smartphone to deal with the situation and no, ...im not sick...

I'm not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with Scar there, sounds like both.

I'm completely against the apparent trolling towards Scar from those involved and trying to get someone banned is a massive d**k move; one that needs admin interference (and will get just that by the sound of it).

I do feel that the nature of the beast with EU1/2 is you get to the party later than someone else, you deal with the hand you are given. First person to the asset, or class for example, get the goods. I've had vehicles taken from me a lot of times, I just suck it up and move on as that is the current set up for the server.

Maybe it should be more policed, but that is so subjective it's hard to do without a rule revamp.

5 hours ago, Cebi said:

We do have a point reward system tied to score. You can spend these points for various fire missions. What if completing side mission (namely interacting with the objective) awarded 1 special point that you could then spent at Reward NPC. After consuming the point the reward rolled from the pool will spawn next to reward NPC. The race for the reward will change to race for the objective. Of course, we might face a different set of problems with this :).

Just an idea.

I like that idea.

6 hours ago, Cebi said:

Just an idea.

I like the idea as well, but what about pilots?  If i start playing as a pilot i hardly ever have positive points.  Same with the UAV as kills aren't credited to the UAV op but to the AI in the UAV.

@Stanhope: That is why I typed "special point". This point (or token) needs to be awarded only for interacting with objective and not for any other activity.

Pool for rewards could stay the same. Main difference would be that now the player with token can choose when a reward will spawn. This way he might even contact a pilot to acompany him to reward spawn/NPC. If Helicopter would be rolled from the pool then the pilot can take it without fear of having to compete with others.

6 minutes ago, Cebi said:

@Stanhope: That is why I typed "special point". This point (or token) needs to be awarded only for interacting with objective and not for any other activity.

Pool for rewards could stay the same. Main difference would be that now the player with token can choose when a reward will spawn. This way he might even contact a pilot to acompany him to reward spawn/NPC. If Helicopter would be rolled from the pool then the pilot can take it without fear of having to compete with others.

Although i like the idea, i think you'd see a decrease in stuff like repair of roads and hummingbirds being spawned.  Both useful tools.  So maybe combine it with a timer or something similar?  If after a fixed number of side missions completed nobody spawned something it would automatically spawn one of the lower rewards.

@TheScar I understand your pain and recognize it unfortunately all too well....

Despite being now part of the staff (kinda), even I don't know what to do if such thing would happen. Yes it sucks that you worked 30 minutes hard on the side mission, yes it sucks when you get your favorite verhicles stolen from you ( I had to race to get my favorite chopper, the Huron ). But plugging a missile in someone's ass isn't the way to go, unless it is CSAT, you can do whatever you want with them.

Newbie, veterans, staff, everyone should have the decency to atleast listen to your request. If that person was me, I would have driven the tank Infront of you after a full service. Unfortunately, we are here on the internet and some people just want to be a giant a******.

What is even worse, is that a DONATOR tried to provoke you into killing him, A DONATOR for Christ sake.This is a giant shame, it paints the other donators as pricks that think that they can do whatever they want.

I am personally disgusted of the facts.

16 hours ago, PiranhA said:

Its NOT about first come first serve, this is a bullsh*t argument, it really is. 

//snip //

... but what most people forget is the fact we all play for fun. Together.

Less is more sometimes.Heads up fisken! ;)

Apart from that,ontopic - like Gamerbug i needed to read that twice

Edited by TheScar
removed "certain" stuff i didnt felt comfortable with after some hours of sleep

1 hour ago, Cryo said:

What is it with scars posts that make them go mainstream? (And sometimes a giants rant?)

They are often very emotional, and emotion sparks emotion. I'm interested to hear his take on the reworked reward system.

• 4 months later...

Right,right as you seem to enjoy watching/making me enrage over (minor) issues - here we go again !

Its now 5 months after AHOY lead came up with this :

SIDE REWORK discussion topic

that came up on certain events from this topic :

my topic about getting my side reward KUMA snitched by AW associates

And just now,5 months later the almost similar situation turns up again ...

Did support a side mission that rewarded a KUMA.

Called dips as it displayed.

Hoped for fair play untill i return to base to get it.

Pub grabbed it,drove of base (1 guy)

Negotiations failed.

Then this evolved :

Spoiler

zg3ceq8u.jpg

And now you tell me where s the promised justice in all that effort i took?

(face injustice / rise a discussion about it / wait for justice)

I had the opportunity in the past weeks of getting MBTs awarded (2x T100,1x KUMA) and not taking em but share em on other players that wanted it.

Even today i had negotiated if that guy would made a statement in chat he d liked to,even after i called dips on chat,marked map and proceeded to RTB the regular way than to INSTA-despawn in order to be 1st at it (like so many of even AW members do).

But fkk me - this time i was borderline of facing a ban lifetime here.

And its resulted by the lack of makin justified decicions by AHOY admins (not ZEUSs as they have to obey orders from Staff above).

I expected a STAFF member to come help out/advice on this very situation today - yet you deciced to leave the dirty work to (newish) ZEUS´s.

Well played.

Not.

Again.

I dont expect you to like me,but i got a way sharper and sensible feel for justice than (most of) your people in charge have.

And a reasonable foundation to base it on.

I expect to be respected - as i respect you.

And dont play the "yadda yadda Scar" card.

Balls to the wall,gents ...