I&A without class restrictions

Ossiwozzy

Hello,

First id like to start with thanking you all with the amazing missions on the servers i absolutely love playing them, and really appreciate the time and effort put into this.

On to my question:

I'm going to a small lan party with some of my friends and would like to setup an arma 3 server over lan, and to enjoy your I&A map with my friends, now the problem that i have is the restrictions on the classes, as you can imagine we won't be with a lot of ppl so there is no chance to fullfill the required classes to be able to properly play together and actually complete stuff.

For example i'm the only player that is able to handle flying properly but i also need to be able to support my friends on the ground. While i'm in the pilot role i probably wont be able to support my friends on the ground as much as lets say in a rifleman role.

Is it possible to edit the mission myself and remove the class restrictions?

If so what would i need to edit?

And if this version already exists where can i download it?

with regards,

Ossiwozzy

In the mission file you can find a file named initPlayerLocal.sqf  In this file you can find the following lines of code:

Spoiler

/------------------- Restrictions and arsenal

#include "defines\arsenalDefines.hpp"
if ("ArsenalFilter" call BIS_fnc_getParamValue == 1) then {
        player addEventHandler ["Take", {
            params ["_unit", "_container", "_item"];

[_unit, 1, _item, _container] call derp_fnc_gearLimitations;
        }];

player addEventHandler ["InventoryClosed", {
            params ["_unit"];

[_unit, 0] call derp_fnc_gearLimitations;
        }];
    };
[{[_this select 0, ("ArsenalFilter" call BIS_fnc_getParamValue)] call derp_fnc_VA_filter}, [ArsenalBoxes], 3] call derp_fnc_waitAndExecute; // Init arsenal boxes.
    {
    _x addAction [
        "<t color='#006bb3'>Save gear</t>",
        {
            player setVariable ["derp_savedGear", (getUnitLoadout player)];
            systemChat "gear saved";
        }
    ];
    } foreach ArsenalBoxes;

Either delete all of this code or put a /* infront of the code and a */ at the end of the code.

Have fun with your lan-party :)

Ok so i did some checking and found the initplayerlocal.sqf

but i did not find the code you provided. instead i see the following code that i think has to do with the restrictions but im not sure

Client scripts and event handlers.
______________________________________________________*/

enableSentences FALSE;															
enableSaving [FALSE,FALSE];
player enableFatigue FALSE;

//------------------------------------------------ Handle parameters

for [ {_i = 0}, {_i < count(paramsArray)}, {_i = _i + 1} ] do {
	call compile format
	[
		"PARAMS_%1 = %2",
		(configName ((missionConfigFile >> "Params") select _i)),
		(paramsArray select _i)
	];
};

//------------------- client executions

{_x addCuratorEditableObjects [[player],FALSE];} count allCurators;

_null = [] execvm "scripts\vehicle\crew\crew.sqf"; 								// vehicle HUD
//_null = [] execVM 'scripts\group_manager.sqf';									// group manager
_null = [] execVM "scripts\restrictions.sqf"; 									// gear restrictions and safezone
_null = [] execVM "scripts\pilotCheck.sqf"; 									// pilots only
_null = [] execVM "scripts\jump.sqf";											// jump action
_null = [] execVM "scripts\misc\diary.sqf";										// diary tabs	
_null = [] execVM "scripts\icons.sqf";											// blufor map tracker Quicksilver
_null = [] execVM "scripts\VAclient.sqf";										// Virtual Arsenal
_null = [] execVM "scripts\misc\Intro.sqf";										// AW intro screen
_null = [] execVM "scripts\voice_control\voiceControl.sqf";						// Voice Control
if (PARAMS_HeliRope != 0) then {call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\vehicle\fastrope\zlt_fastrope.sqf";};

[] call QS_fnc_respawnPilot;

//-------------------- PVEHs

"addToScore" addPublicVariableEventHandler
{
	((_this select 1) select 0) addScore ((_this select 1) select 1);
};

tawvd_disablenone = false;

//--------------------- Arty Computer and Squad Manager

enableEngineArtillery false;
if (player isKindOf "B_support_Mort_f") then {
	enableEngineArtillery true;
};

["InitializePlayer", [player]] call BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups;

some more help is greatly appreciated.

with regards,

Ossiwozzy

Ok, so in the initplayerlocal.sqf you can find the following line of code:

_null = [] execVM "scripts\restrictions.sqf";// gear restrictions and safezone

This handles both gear restrictions and base protection.  I believe at a lanparty you don't need to worry about teamkilling at base so simply put  // in front of this line of code. Let me know if you can't find it.

cool i made the changes and the server seems to be running fine only thing i noticed now is that the server starts 3 instances of the same server when i check the server browser on LAn now this is probably some setting on my side that has to do with the server setup.

Thank you for your help.

your contributions to this will result in alot of fun at the lan.

thx again

with regards,

Ossiwozzy

Ok so i have been playing around abit in the server locally and i noticed a couple of things that i cant seem to figure out.

• i cant seem to get curator rights (might be doing something wong or its just not possible (reason is that id like to spawn some vehicles that are not here atm. i did manage to get admin rights but i'm clueless of what to do next (even after looking around on google).
  • The UAV terminal is still only available while u have selected the uav deathstar role. i have been going trough the files and cant seem to get this fixed.
  • regarding greyhawk CAS the bombs don't seem to lock on laser designated targets i might be doing something wrong tho.
  • i managed to get the respawn on squadleader working but we still cant revive/repair vehicles even when we have a medkit + firstaid / toolkit.

some answers / fixes to these problems are greatly appreciated.

with regards

Ossiwozzy

For the repairing vehicles:  add this code to the initscreen of all units ingame:

this setUnitTrait ["Medic",true];

this setUnitTrait ["engineer",true];

This makes all players engineers and medics so they can use both the medkit and the toolkit.

For the GBUs not locking: as far as i know there isn't a single script running that impacts this.  I suggest watching this, a tutorial on how to drop GBUs.  The tutorial was made with a wipeout but the principle is the same for the greyhawks.

I can't find anything that else that would impact the UAV terminal not being available for other players, maybe someone else here can?

To be able to respawn vehicles that are not standard just put them down in eden and sync them to the respawn module and select the options you want.

thanks again for your reply.

regarding the GBUs not locking i was flying too low so thats the reason it wasnt locking on.

i cant seem to find where i should add the  etUnitTrait ["Medic",true];  and setUnitTrait ["engineer",true];  some more help on this is much appreciated.

i'm not sure what u mean with

To be able to respawn vehicles that are not standard just put them down in eden and sync them to the respawn module and select the options you want.

but ill have another go on google to find out.

with regards

Ossiwozzy

PS:

If someone else knows the answer to not being able to access the uav terminal while not in the uav deathstar role feel free to speak up :) altho im sure we will manage with 1 uav pilot.

So to make someone an engineer/medic:

First open the mission in the eden editor.  Then go to the unit you want to make engineer/medic and double click on it.  You should get a screen with a bunch of things in it.  One of those things should be an empty field titled init.  Copy paste:

this setUnitTrait ["Medic",true];

this setUnitTrait ["engineer",true];

into this field.  Finally press OK.  Repeat for all units you want to make engineer and medic.  A screenshot:

Spoiler

20170219194345_1.thumb.jpg.81999988bd6b941aa95fda56cad93edf.jpg

For the vehicle respawn:

Place down the vehicle you want to make respawnable in the eden editor.  Go to the modules tab (f5 tab) and find multiplayer in the list you get.  Open the dropdown menu of multiplayer.  In there is a vehicle respawn module, place that down.  Like this:

Spoiler

20170219194545_1.thumb.jpg.6919663fa2252b67d7488e0d6b6d2b3e.jpg

Now right click on the module, hover over connect and select the 'sync to' option, like this:

Spoiler

20170219194550_1.thumb.jpg.b69fade0949f0c52b8fd113d618fd4ad.jpg

You should now see a blue line between your cursor and the module.  Click on whichever vehicle you want to make respawnable and the blue line should now connect the vehicle with the module, like this:

Spoiler

20170219194556_1.thumb.jpg.bfc405b59ae036d7bca70264c9babde4.jpg

And finally double click on the module to change its settings, like this:

Spoiler

20170219194722_1.thumb.jpg.28648f9b1dad1da42b741abd7fd236d1.jpg

If you want to know what each option means just hover your cursor over the words and it'll give you a brief explanation.

Repeat for all vehicles you want to make respawnable.  (You can either sync each vehicle to that module or create a module per vehicle or something in between it doesn't really matter.  But all vehicles connected to the same module will have the same respawn settings.)

If you have some more questions ask away.

ok so i got everything to work now even the uav terminal not showing its was blacklisted in an arsenal file.

now im having the following quality of life issue.

when im flying anything at or above 2000m i just cant see anything on ground the ground is there but units and vehicles are not rendered so i cant lock on to them

any idea of where i could alter that im almost certain its somewhere in the mission file but i cant seem to find it?

(in both i&a 3.1 and the one we were discussing earlier. we wanted to do 2 different ones and see wich one we liked better

with regards

Ossiwozzy

I know that there is a script running to set your view distance on the server.  I don't know where it is in the files but if you, ingame, go to the arsenal guy you get a scrolloption to set your view distance.  I'll look some more in the files when i got some time.

yeah i have found those set everything to max still not seeing stuff when at 2000m.

i have the air view distance on 9k car on 3k and foot on 2k object thingy the same as the view distance still no joy

Thank you, whenever you have time is fine, im sure u have alot of other stuff to do.

with regards

Ossiwozzy

Oh, forgot to say: the UAV falls into the 'on foot' category.  Just max out everything and change your own setting to what you want.

EDIT:

Found the script in the 2.85 version, to disable it:

Go to the description.ext file and find this line: #include "scripts\taw_vd\dialog.hpp" 

Delete it (or put a // infront of it) and it will be gone.

EDIT no 2:

Same for the 3.1 version, only the line is: #include "functions\CHVD\dialog.hpp"    

Edited by Stanhope

Ok so i ran into the following problem:

i wanted to add a MHQ to the map that went fine no problems at all only thing that is screwing up atm is the respawn script. when i destroy the MHQ it respawns correctly with the respawn function i added with eden. only problem is that the respawn script is making the vehicle respawn aswell, so they spawn into eachother and explode violently.

the problem is that the respawn script does not retain the vehicle name that is needed to make the MHQ work.

any ideas to fix this?

ps.

the view distance when in an uav is still very limited i still cant see anything while on 2000m even when i put the on foot viewdistance/object on max. its so strange. when its dark i do see the headlights of the vehicles moving around but don't see the actual vehicle

Are we still talking about I&A 2.85 or did you make the switch to I&A 3.1?  

For the view distance: if you disabled that script it shouldn't be caused by the server, but i'll check if i can find anything that might affect it.

EDIT:

If you're still using I&A 2.85 make sure that the following part of the description.ext looks like this:

Spoiler

//------------------------- Includes / Functions

#include "scripts\VAS\menu.hpp"                         // VAS
//#include "scripts\taw_vd\dialog.hpp"                     // TAW View Distance
#include "scripts\vehicle\crew\common.hpp"              // vehicle crew hud
#include "scripts\=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"            // BTC medic revive system 
#include "dialogs.hpp"                                    // Intro
#include "scripts\voice_control\voiceControl.cpp"        // Voice Control

class CfgFunctions
    {
        #include "functions\cfgfunctions.hpp"            // Integrated I&A functions
        #include "scripts\VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"            // VAS
        //#include "scripts\taw_vd\CfgFunctions.hpp"        // View distance
        class FETT {          
            class curator {
                class eventHandlers {postInit = 1;};
                class objPlaced {};
                class grpPlaced {};
            };
        };
    };

Or like this:

Spoiler

//------------------------- Includes / Functions

#include "scripts\VAS\menu.hpp"                         // VAS
#include "scripts\vehicle\crew\common.hpp"              // vehicle crew hud
#include "scripts\=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"            // BTC medic revive system 
#include "dialogs.hpp"                                    // Intro
#include "scripts\voice_control\voiceControl.cpp"        // Voice Control

class CfgFunctions
    {
        #include "functions\cfgfunctions.hpp"            // Integrated I&A functions
        #include "scripts\VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"            // VAS
        class FETT {          
            class curator {
                class eventHandlers {postInit = 1;};
                class objPlaced {};
                class grpPlaced {};
            };
        };
    };

I should have said earlier that it contains 2 lines of code that needed to be disabled.

Edited by Stanhope

On 26-2-2017 at 4:42 PM, Ossiwozzy said:

Ok so i ran into the following problem:

i wanted to add a MHQ to the map that went fine no problems at all only thing that is screwing up atm is the respawn script. when i destroy the MHQ it respawns correctly with the respawn function i added with eden. only problem is that the respawn script is making the vehicle respawn aswell, so they spawn into eachother and explode violently.

the problem is that the respawn script does not retain the vehicle name that is needed to make the MHQ work.

any ideas to fix this?

I've spend quite some time searching through the scripts and in the editor trying to find/recreate the problem but i couldn't.  Could you send me the PBO so i can see the problem?