Why We Should Have a Map(s) that Defaults to Russian

I dislike playing as Russian because:

• there's mainly AK's and AK's variants, where's the NATO awesome lists? Yes, I always play with the same gun in NATO but that's because that one is my favorite after trying the others
  • When there's just A1 and ~A2 that's fine, but when server numbers start to increase you are going to depend 100% on vortex in fixed wings, in NATO you can always have MAT for kind-of-close targets or HAT for longer distance support
  • In NATO there's already a absurd dress up time when connecting (and sometimes respawning) and playing as Russian that is just amplified 2 to 4x as much

I agree, the Russian rifle list is fairly sparse, but don't blame me, blame Russia.

I think that Russian MAT is actually quite OP - the sheer amount of rockets you can bring and the versatility - yes, the Javelin is OP for HAT but if you know how to use the RPG7, you can clear an AO of armor quite quickly.

12 minutes ago, Ryko said:

I agree, the Russian rifle list is fairly sparse, but don't blame me, blame Russia.

I think that Russian MAT is actually quite OP - the sheer amount of rockets you can bring and the versatility - yes, the Javelin is OP for HAT but if you know how to use the RPG7, you can clear an AO of armor quite quickly.

In all honesty, I just want the UUK version!

The RPG is still easy to use... it doesn't look on, so basically it is just a MAT team.

@Lost Bullet I really don't think having fixed wing is a bad thing either it is something I always support and it is fun for everyone involved, especially because most Russian planes aren't as easy to use and you need good ground comms to work well. Also if you don't like ak's there is something wrong with you ;). 

Also I really appreciate this discuss not become and mess and people just spamming Vodka. 

• 3 weeks later...

@MoonFire Oh boy it's happening 

For real tho, it's an amazing idea, we tried to bring back Russian with moon a while ago, it's actually a very fun gameplay, it add's an amazing amount of gear to the playable field, i think at least half of us here looks at those FMJ 7,62's with that cheeky smirk, "i wonder how that would penetrate a rifleman". I think it would make the gameplay a little less linear, more weapons, different vehicles, and tactics as Russian equipment forces us to approach everything differently. The caliber itself allows a longer range of engagement and a bit more aggressive gameplay, while the armor on the red side is slightly less effective and makes getting shot a little more problematic.
Russian's use huge bulky but beautiful armored&well armed transport helicopters opposing to Nato, quick insert, agile Littlebirds & Wildcats etc.
Also, Su34's, sexy sexy stuff, double-seated, can carry Kh-29's 320kg warheads.

That's a whole new, Russian, world that AWE could explore and enjoy, from me, a huge plus.