Copilot of the hellcat

Stanhope

Question

So i was playing on EU1 just now and noticed that infantry can get in the copilot seat of the heli just fine and fly it.  So seeing how the servers aren't that active at 4 in the morning i decided to take a look at the script.  Here is the script currently running:

Spoiler

// Original pilotcheck by Kamaradski [AW]. 
// Since then been tweaked by many hands!
// Notable contributors: chucky [allFPS], Quiksilver, Rewritten to be eventHandler by BACONMOP

/*something irrelevant to this post*/

player addEventHandler ["getInMan",{
    _veh = _this select 2;
    _iampilot = typeOf player;
    _aircraft_nocopilot = ["B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F", "B_Heli_Transport_01_F", "B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","B_Heli_Transport_03_F", "I_Heli_Transport_02_F", "O_Heli_Light_02_F", "O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F"];
    if((_veh isKindOf "Helicopter" || _veh isKindOf "Plane") && !(_veh isKindOf "ParachuteBase")) then {
        if(({typeOf _veh == _x} count _aircraft_nocopilot) > 0) then {
            _forbidden = [_veh turretUnit [0]];
            if(player in _forbidden) then {
                if !(player isKindOf "B_Helipilot_F") then {
                    systemChat "Co-pilot is disabled on this vehicle";
                    player action ["getOut",_veh];
                };
            };
        };
            _forbidden = [driver _veh];
            if (player in _forbidden) then {
                systemChat "You must be a pilot to fly this aircraft";
                player action ["getOut", _veh];
            };
        };
    };
}];

I notice that the hellcat isn't in the list of helis infantry can't get in as copilot. If I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_F was added to the _aircraft_nocopilot array that problem should be solved.

Reviewing this further it seems to me that the copilot seat of the hummingbird is also accessible to infantry (but the copilot seat of the hummingbird isn't).  Same thing but with B_Heli_Light_01_F.

Same goes for some variants of the huron, i don't see them in the list.  Fixable by adding  B_Heli_Transport_03_unarmed_F, B_Heli_Transport_03_black_F, B_Heli_Transport_03_unarmed_green_F to the array.

And the nato VTOLs also don't seem to be in there. 
B_T_VTOL_01_infantry_F, B_T_VTOL_01_vehicle_F, B_T_VTOL_01_armed_F, B_T_VTOL_01_infantry_blue_F, B_T_VTOL_01_infantry_olive_F, B_T_VTOL_01_vehicle_blue_F, B_T_VTOL_01_vehicle_olive_F, B_T_VTOL_01_armed_blue_F, B_T_VTOL_01_armed_olive_F

Now these might not all be necessary as i've never seen a blue VTOL ingame but a zeus might go wild on one of his missions :)

And same goes for the taru, i don't see it.
O_Heli_Transport_04_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_ammo_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_bench_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_box_F,  O_Heli_Transport_04_covered_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_fuel_F,  O_Heli_Transport_04_medevac_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_repair_F

And for the black taru:

O_Heli_Transport_04_black_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_ammo_black_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_bench_black_F,  O_Heli_Transport_04_box_black_F, 
O_Heli_Transport_04_covered_black_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_fuel_black_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_medevac_black_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_repair_black_F

Now i did think of the xi'an but the copilot in there is a gunner so i don't think it's supposed to be in here.

And finally i know that a civilian plane spawns on tanoa. So:

C_Plane_Civil_01_F, C_Plane_Civil_01_racing_F

Now some might have been left out intentionally and others that i listed here don't necessarily need to be added as they are so rare.  But i thought, i'm looking now anyways so why not list them all?

7 answers to this question

170123100634-04-kellyanne-conway-0122-ex

to much use of the term "NOW"

Bacon might have overseen this on making I+A 3 or hasnt gave it great priority to fix,i´m aware of it since several side reward choppers (Taru,BF,Gunship) could be flown by non pilots - yet i havnt gave it a high priority to fix myself as usually those things never last long.

Good finding tho.

On a side note,i seem to notice you obviously spend alot of time reading scripts - pro tip: get a girl !

Or ice-cream.

^_^

3 minutes ago, TheScar said:

Srry after 24 hours of not sleeping my writing skills degrade a bit.

3 minutes ago, TheScar said:

On a side note,i seem to notice you obviously spend alot of time reading scripts - pro tip: get a girl !

Or ice-cream.

I ran out of ice-cream yesterday :(

Edit: i found this rather fast.  I've been spending a lot of time trying to find base protection. And when i did i tried to figure out why there seems to be base protection at the FOBs if you look at the scripts but not when you're ingame.

Edited by Stanhope

2 hours ago, TheScar said:

170123100634-04-kellyanne-conway-0122-ex

Bacon might have overseen this on making I+A 3 or hasnt gave it great priority to fix,i´m aware of it since several side reward choppers (Taru,BF,Gunship) could be flown by non pilots - yet i havnt gave it a high priority to fix myself as usually those things never last long.

Good finding tho.

Or ice-cream.

^_^

That may be slightly off-topic, but good god, that lady looks hideous.

3 hours ago, Stanhope said:

So i was playing on EU1 just now and noticed that infantry can get in the copilot seat of the heli just fine and fly it.  So seeing how the servers aren't that active at 4 in the morning i decided to take a look at the script.  Here is the script currently running:

Reveal hidden contents

// Original pilotcheck by Kamaradski [AW]. 
// Since then been tweaked by many hands!
// Notable contributors: chucky [allFPS], Quiksilver, Rewritten to be eventHandler by BACONMOP

/*something irrelevant to this post*/

player addEventHandler ["getInMan",{
    _veh = _this select 2;
    _iampilot = typeOf player;
    _aircraft_nocopilot = ["B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F", "B_Heli_Transport_01_F", "B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","B_Heli_Transport_03_F", "I_Heli_Transport_02_F", "O_Heli_Light_02_F", "O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F"];
    if((_veh isKindOf "Helicopter" || _veh isKindOf "Plane") && !(_veh isKindOf "ParachuteBase")) then {
        if(({typeOf _veh == _x} count _aircraft_nocopilot) > 0) then {
            _forbidden = [_veh turretUnit [0]];
            if(player in _forbidden) then {
                    systemChat "Co-pilot is disabled on this vehicle";
                    player action ["getOut",_veh];
                };
            };
        };
            _forbidden = [driver _veh];
            if (player in _forbidden) then {
                systemChat "You must be a pilot to fly this aircraft";
                player action ["getOut", _veh];
            };
        };
    };
}];

I notice that the hellcat isn't in the list of helis infantry can't get in as copilot. If I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_F was added to the _aircraft_nocopilot array that problem should be solved.

Reviewing this further it seems to me that the copilot seat of the hummingbird is also accessible to infantry (but the copilot seat of the hummingbird isn't).  Same thing but with B_Heli_Light_01_F.

Same goes for some variants of the huron, i don't see them in the list.  Fixable by adding  B_Heli_Transport_03_unarmed_F, B_Heli_Transport_03_black_F, B_Heli_Transport_03_unarmed_green_F to the array.

And the nato VTOLs also don't seem to be in there. 
B_T_VTOL_01_infantry_F, B_T_VTOL_01_vehicle_F, B_T_VTOL_01_armed_F, B_T_VTOL_01_infantry_blue_F, B_T_VTOL_01_infantry_olive_F, B_T_VTOL_01_vehicle_blue_F, B_T_VTOL_01_vehicle_olive_F, B_T_VTOL_01_armed_blue_F, B_T_VTOL_01_armed_olive_F

Now these might not all be necessary as i've never seen a blue VTOL ingame but a zeus might go wild on one of his missions :)

And same goes for the taru, i don't see it.
O_Heli_Transport_04_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_ammo_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_bench_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_box_F,  O_Heli_Transport_04_covered_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_fuel_F,  O_Heli_Transport_04_medevac_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_repair_F

And for the black taru:

O_Heli_Transport_04_black_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_ammo_black_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_bench_black_F,  O_Heli_Transport_04_box_black_F, 
O_Heli_Transport_04_covered_black_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_fuel_black_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_medevac_black_F, O_Heli_Transport_04_repair_black_F

Now i did think of the xi'an but the copilot in there is a gunner so i don't think it's supposed to be in here.

And finally i know that a civilian plane spawns on tanoa. So:

C_Plane_Civil_01_F, C_Plane_Civil_01_racing_F

Now some might have been left out intentionally and others that i listed here don't necessarily need to be added as they are so rare.  But i thought, i'm looking now anyways so why not list them all?

Ah, well, I believe Scar would start complaining that the "Clear vehicle inventory" script thingy is still missing, considering that getting all the garbage out of a Hunter before filling it to the brim with missles is so utterly tedious, but I doubt he has any reason to do so. Let's just wait for new additions to I&A 3. I think an upcoming update already was announced in some other thread, but I don't remember anything specific.. besides, I don't have much of an idea how to integrate scripts into missions, so I'd rather keep my mouth shut than to openly complain about it. 

Make it happen, please.

On 9.2.2017 at 8:06 AM, Winter said:

That may be slightly off-topic, but good god, that lady looks hideous.

gotta love her

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellyanne_Conway

On 9.2.2017 at 8:06 AM, Winter said:

Ah, well, I believe Scar would start complaining that the "Clear vehicle inventory" script thingy is still missing

i stopped "complaining" on I+A 3 quite a few weeks ago,to not have the vehicle inventory script took me about 2 days to adapt

Adapt > Overcome > Win

14 hours ago, Amentes said:

Protip: Use Bergen backpacks to empty all the small objects. Speed-click them over, dump the pack.

52sec to clear out and load my setup in