Data & Time: Thursday 16th Feb 20:00 UTC

Where: AWE

Requirements: AWE Mods

Optional mods: None

--------------------

Date and Time

--------------------

Ahoy good folk of AW.

This will be the first in a series of training nights that will be hosted by SkullCollector, Amentes and myself. We are going to be running through the basics of getting into the enhanced server and running through the information that new players need to have a fun enjoyable time on the server.

The content of these training sessions is detailed here and we will be adding to the list as we develop the sessions more.

Additional info:

Due to the nature of these sessions are a controlled environment to teach people about different aspects of the server we will not be allowing Join in progress as we feel this will be disruptive to the session.

You will need to have the Enhanced add-ons downloaded before the training.

Max players = 30

Player sign up:

https://goo.gl/forms/hJ49XCdy7GUoB4BW2

As we are still figuring out exactly when these sessions would best be held, please provide feedback on when you would have the best chances of attending in the future.

looking forward to this, my only minor gripe is the times, as they are slightly late for me, being 2200-0000, but i understand that i am in a relatively eastern time zone (IST). one suggestion i have to make is flight training, since (good) pilots are somewhat scarce these days. cheers, and godspeed.

looking forward to this, my only minor gripe is the times, as they are slightly late for me, being 2200-0000, but i understand that i am in a relatively eastern time zone (IST). one suggestion i have to make is flight training, since (good) pilots are somewhat scarce these days. cheers, and godspeed.

We do understand that the times will be difficult for people in other timezones and we plan to run the sessions at different days/times to accommodate this.

Also other forms of training will be introduced once we have a baseline set up and refined

Hi guys,

Well, I tried to join in on the training last week and after a few attempts and some great help in the TS lobby I managed to connect and join, only to be dropped by a "Session Lost" error as I placed myself in line with the rest of the guys!

I tried numerous times to login but no luck. I then went off and reinstalled Battleye, and by the time I was able to log back in, the event was over. Oh well.

I also tried logging in again over the weekend, just to make sure I could, and yes, I was able to connect but again got dropped about 2 minutes into the game by a "Session Lost". 

I'm at the point now that I don't want to play vanilla or even EU 1 and 2  because it's just a bunch of people running around with no order, most of the time just killing each other!

Any help or guidance appreciated.

Edited by s4
Correction to server names.

Thanks for the reply @Colsta, made a correction to my message above with what I meant by the servers.

In any case, I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that playing heavily modded Arma online may be beyond my capability and the time I have available to put into learning all the intricacies of solving bugs, connection issues, running .bat files, allocating memory, etc.

Have received great help from everyone here and much appreciate that!