Something i made during some free time

So i had some free time, and thanks to my *cough* great *cough* internet speed i couldn't get online.  So i decided to make an alternative base for EU1.  Now this is just something i made in some free time i had so i don't really care if it doesn't get used but if it does i'm happy to help.  And of course it's entirely up to whoever it's up to to decide whether it gets used or not. 

Here are some screenshots:

Spoiler

20170129012131_1.jpg

Spoiler

20170129012005_1.jpg

Spoiler

20170129012015_1.jpg

Spoiler

20170129012024_1.jpg

Spoiler

20170129012040_1.jpg

Spoiler

20170129012052_1.jpg

Spoiler

20170129012122_1.jpg

Spoiler

20170129012145_1.jpg

As you can see it's not yet finished.  The billboards don't display any message yet, the arsenal-guys aren't arsenals yet, some H-barriers have some weird angles, ...

Let me know what you guys think about it.

Nice, but I still have some criticism:

- The current vehicle exit funnels everyone through a single exit and combine than with everyone running around trying to get in a vehicle --> recipe for a lot of people getting run over.

- The landing pads are pretty claustrophobic for pilots and the large lights and the buildings next to them is not gonna help!

- Whilst I like the idea of the boats at the pier, it is not exactly a good idea gameplay wise. I am willing to bet someone is going to break a leg trying to get on a boat.

- Where do the reward vehicles spawn? If it is at the vehicle spawns, that ain't big enough for a blackfish I am calling that!

- UAV rearm, enough said.

I think you are in the right direction, but these are some things I would change. I do not mean to crack you down, just saying.....

-Atm there are actually 2 exits.  The obvious one next to the hemtts and one next to the spawn in the direction of the runway.  I could probably make a third one next to the hunter respawn. (Oh and the bargate opens automatically so it's basically just an opening that looks a bit more fancy)  And i could probably arrange the hemtts so that they are facing an exit so they don't need to maneuver all that much.

-Well, the landing pads were intentional.  In my opinion if you can't land in that, you shouldn't be flying.  But yea, just my opinion, there is some room to make it bigger and i can replace the big lights with smaller ones.  I've tested it out with a huron whilst there was another huron parked on the other pad and was able to land in it just fine.

-the pier is an easy fix, with the tanoa update came such a platform-thingy.

-reward spawn halfway down the runway at the clearing in the forest in the middle and on the opposite side.

-What's wrong with the UAV rearm?  It's in the exact same place as it is now.  I could swap it over to the other taxiway, more room to make a 180 there.  But a greyhawk can pull of a 180 perfectly on that taxiway, i do it all the time.

2 hours ago, Cryo said:

I think you are in the right direction, but these are some things I would change. I do not mean to crack you down, just saying.....

It can't be perfect from the first time, I appreciate all feedback.

Looks nice, Stan. With some final touch-ups it should be ready to deploy from. :) Only point of criticism, if you can call it that, is that it's on an FOB. I've also made a few base suggestions, and FOB locations were apparently a big no-go in the current I&A version.

Personally, I don't think a single entry-exit point is a bad thing to have. Despite the occasional monkeying around, it's not supposed to be a zoo but a military base. You aren't meant to get in just like that, and should ideally be easy to defend. Funnelling does that perfectly. As for people being run over, I assume they will be smart enough to not run in front of a vehicle, or learn after doing it once. In fact, if you only need to watch 1 location where vehicles can come from or move to, it should  (theoretically) make it even easier to avoid getting run over...

Helipads look good too, though from time to time, you do get the pilot that can't distinguish left from right, so just to be safe, I would also suggest using smaller light posts between helipads and heli spawn to make sure you don't lose your MROT, or worse, there.

2 hours ago, Eagle-Eye said:

Only point of criticism, if you can call it that, is that it's on an FOB. I've also made a few base suggestions, and FOB locations were apparently a big no-go in the current I&A version.

Well, time enjoyed wasting isn't wasted time.

The changes i made:

I made the pads a bit longer (3 H-barriers longer) and switched from the big light poles to smaller ones.  A screenshot:

Spoiler

20170130165729_1.jpg

The vehicle area still has 2 exits, the one next to the helipads and the one with the bargate but i rearranged the vehicles a bit to avoid the hemtts having to pull a 180 to get out.

Spoiler

20170130165717_1.jpg

And finally i added some stuff into the spawn area to make it less empty.

Spoiler

20170130165744_1.jpg

Nice looking base but it will forever suffer from the same problem the other one does, the location. Its so, so, so, painful when the AO spawns across the map and its a good 15-20km drive/helicopter flight to reach it. I know the current dev of I&A3 wants to give it a "Invade and annex" feel but for gameplay purposes its annoying, a centralised base is much better.

49 minutes ago, IOnceWasATeddy said:

Nice looking base but it will forever suffer from the same problem the other one does, the location. Its so, so, so, painful when the AO spawns across the map and its a good 15-20km drive/helicopter flight to reach it. I know the current dev of I&A3 wants to give it a "Invade and annex" feel but for gameplay purposes its annoying, a centralised base is much better.

This is why FOB's exist, a good thing to implement perhaps.

2 hours ago, Minipily said:

This is why FOB's exist, a good thing to implement perhaps.

What FOBs? I've seen EU1 be up for 40 hours and not a single FOB, maybe 1 if you're lucky been unlocked, and if we are lucky enough to unlock them its instantly irrelevant because of the countless AO bugs that happen which require mission restarts.

8 minutes ago, IOnceWasATeddy said:

What FOBs? I've seen EU1 be up for 40 hours and not a single FOB, maybe 1 if you're lucky been unlocked, and if we are lucky enough to unlock them its instantly irrelevant because of the countless AO bugs that happen which require mission restarts.

That's why I said implement, FOB's exist in real life, and it would be good to properly implement on EU1 as in multiple bases.