JaSmAn

Hi guys,

Been a long time Arma player and just picked it back up after Xmas with the new DLCs, only to find that there has been a lot going on with the game since I last played!

I'm hoping to get back into it but have quickly become bored of the official servers as they are full of people just going around shooting and silly missions with no thought. I'm hoping to find a group to play with properly, with squads, leaders and comms. I believe this is the right place for that.

Any advice for a newbie welcome!

George

58 minutes ago, Gamerbug said:

Hello and welcome; AWE is that way ->

Thanks all for the suggestion. Installed AWE and TFAR last night, hoping to join a game soon, but I'm afraid it will be very daunting with a lot to learn!

Can you suggest the best time to join the EU3 server for some practice?

30 minutes ago, s4 said:

Thanks all for the suggestion. Installed AWE and TFAR last night, hoping to join a game soon, but I'm afraid it will be very daunting with a lot to learn!

Anytime you want, all of us are willing to help on AWE, i would suggest just sticking to the rifleman slot for starters until you get to grip of things and it might be beneficial to join the server when its empty to see what equipment is available.

1 hour ago, s4 said:

I have to be honest I don't play AWE, don't have the time, but as IOnceWasATeddy said, they are a friendly bunch.

18 minutes ago, Gamerbug said:

I have to be honest I don't play AWE, don't have the time, but as IOnceWasATeddy said, they are a friendly bunch.

we usually are as long as you are willing to listen to what we are saying.

2 hours ago, s4 said:

note that the learning curve is quite steep but the community is quite helpful.

also if you see me on ts just give me a poke and i will help you out with the basics/advanced parts of it :)

(note wen you start playing on eu3/gauntlet/AWE you need to start your ts in adminmode to avoid some of the bugs that involves  direct communication.)

On 26/01/2017 at 3:56 PM, nathanniles said:

We are all a friendly on awe if u need anything just ask one of us and we will be more then willing to help

Sent from my Archos 55 Platinum using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

Thanks all.

so I tried the AWE set up and have two errors I'm hoping you can help me with. See images. 

Many thanks in advance. 

IMG_0188.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

4 hours ago, PERO said:

Check which ACE are you launching with, if you have more than one instance of ACE.

The other thing could be, if you are "subscribed" to ACE via Workshop and mods get installed in the same directory, that could also be creating the issue.

@PERO that worked! Thanks. I had ACE through the steam workshop.