Forums Restructure

SkullCollector

Question

So this came up in a random conversation a couple months back and I thought I'd push it now because boredom.

The idea is to clean up and restructure the forums ever so slightly.

For brevity's sake, here's what I propose:

1) Make Arma its own category. Place it between General and Gaming.

As it is, it's just another board among boards, though it has every right to be far more visible instead of being diluted with mostly inactive boards. It contains four subs, each of which has between one and six (in the ridiculous case of the 124th) sub-subs. These are thus completely drowned and easily missed at a glance. Arma is AW's staple game, its arguably most significant source of traffic and overall far too massive to be compacted as such.

All previous subs would become their own boards. Re-arrange as you see fit.

2) Give EU3 / AWE more visibility.

In this proposed Arma category, give AWE a central spot. It has no distinguishing features as it stands, hell, its full title is even cut off on the main page. If there's one thing the server needs it's attraction and this I consider a good first step.

3) Clean up the stickies.

In both the general Arma forum as well as the Enhanced sub, it takes an awful lot of scrolling to get to the latest threads. This isn't helped by the veritable cart load of subs at the beginning of the Arma forum. The latter would be remedied through the reorganisation as per point 1), the former requires a clean-up of threads. Unsticky some, merge others.

For general, non-AWE purposes, give Arma another dedicated Guides sub, for example.

Feel free to discuss. I hope this is clear enough.

Cheers.

Edit: In case people are confused about categories and subforums, here's a pretty picture: http://i.imgur.com/IjjNH24.png

9 answers to this question

@SkullCollectorYeah I couldn't agree more especially the part where AWE needs more attention everywhere it can get it. Also just to give some examples of threads that need to be un stuck is the old game night request thread and also the old media topic can go as it isn't in use and so can the community notes as by the day they are becoming outdated. Also a better way of showing upcoming events on the site and also on the servers would be great. I think adding a message about upcoming events like the 'welcome of AWE' message at the bottom is relatively easy to do and would boost attendance. 

+1 

Ben

I'll go with this, the forums really could do with a spring clean and a tidy up.

There are sections that havent had an update ina  long time and could be removed.

Though I don't play it, I think the AWE should be more prominent; especially if you consider how prominent Squad is.

10 hours ago, PiranhA said:

A good NSFW topic would be nice aswell...

Dear god no, I have seen what happens when you let random people play around with NSFW. Will be faster to remove it than a Jamaican at 20 past 4 (get the joke?)

Nevertheless, I am fully behind the idea of giving the forums some love.

4 hours ago, Cryo said:

Dear god no, I have seen what happens when you let random people play around with NSFW. Will be faster to remove it than a Jamaican at 20 past 4 (get the joke?)

Nevertheless, I am fully behind the idea of giving the forums some love.

Its funny how many people call me god. I think sharing some good pussy together with some arma related stuff wouldnt hurt this community...

Spoiler

tumblr_o85gysAmQz1s6dcs3o1_1280.jpg