RHS now bugged?

8 minutes ago, Ryko said:

Sounds like a memory / textures issue to me, let me know if it keeps happening with BMPs specifically.

Been happening with BTRs as well for a while for me, they'll active their cloaking device at about 200m until i zoom in.

There's not much we can do on the server level.  If it is indeed a new bug with RHS then the best you can do is report on their website... I would suggest including a video or something so they can better diagnose whether it's your computer or their mod.

My theory is that the RHS models use higher quality textures, which require more space in memory, and if you are using a HDD or not enough RAM then it can't swap out in time.

Also the way that arma started to change its rendering of objects after apex is that if you aren't looking at it then it isn't model well or sometimes not at all. It is a client side thing and the bmp is always there on the server. The only fixes for you is what ryko said above, but they aren't the most practical (obviously). Speculating here but it may be that because the bmp has such a high quality texture aka. a big file size that it doesn't load or takes forever and or is not prioritized to load. 

I can vouch for this as well. It hasn't been as bad as what some of you say for me, but there are certainly times where we're close, I look away, look back, and for a split second all I see is the crew floating in the air. I would just go with Ryko here and say it's a rendering problem on RHS's side. 

I just had a bit of gameplay today and I kept receiving calls about smoke appearing out of the blue. When I send 2 guys to check out the smoke they reported a MBT (T-72) magically appeared next to them where the smoke appeared. Same happen a bit later when we encountered a BMP, none of us saw it ti'll it was right in front of us.

I experienced this issue today.  It was a BMP that drove by, perhaps 100m distant; could only see the smoke plume unless I zoomed in, at which point it "resolved".  Zoom out, and it disappeared.  Oddly enough, a moment later another BMP drove by at the exact same distance, and I could see it just fine, no zooming required.  I wonder if it was a different model of BMP, and if this is a LOD (level of detail) issue related to that model.