Operation Gudbrand

De-Brief 17/02-2017

AW forces captured the main airfield with light contact in the town of Rodopoli. After that elements spread to their respective sectors and 1 IED factory was found and destroyed.

AW forces sustained minimal casualties and only lost 1x MEU medical evacuation chopper.

The element that saw most action was Charlie, hitting 2 separate contacts with 1x EI squad and one engagement with 2x EI squads.

Overlord is pleased with our progress and the next mission will be to conduct probing patrols into known enemy occupied areas and also conduct door to door searches in the nearby towns around "Depot 1".

With that out of the way, i cant guarantee that everyone hits contact at first patrol as everything is random in terms of where the AI move, next op ill have us probe the known enemy territory so that should increase the threat factor a lot.

On 2/19/2017 at 1:36 PM, Fraggloid said:

I don't really feel I can comment on the mission; I spent almost all of it sitting in an MRAP wondering if there were any AI to actually find and fight :rolleyes:

Well, we just got the boring job of checking towns to the SE of DEPOT1. Only surprise to me was the lack of civies in Pyrgos (grand total of 3 I believe).

But I really enjoyed the convoy to DEPOT1 though.

I joined in late with logi (all the other slots were full) and thought it would be dead boring. We had firefights going on 80% of the time. To sum it up, I like logi

Sent from my iPhone using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

De-Brief 24/02-2017

AW forces completed their orders with outstanding effort during this OP, pushing further into enemy held territory than before, however this was not without trouble as Alpha found out when their convoy struck and IED on the MSR 1.2KM away from Depot 1. While under fire they radioed Bravo for support and together managed to withdraw while under enemy fire.

A request was sent to Overlord to procure one of the LOGI hmmts to fix the MRAP up, which was allowed seeing as we were only two squads up at the time. With aid from Bravo for a while Alpha secured the MRAP and started repairing the vehicle up while taking light contact from the NW. After this the vehicle was towed back for a refuel.

When everything was squared away Alpha and Bravo element continued on with the original mission of securing the nearby towns to the East, heading towards more heavy enemy presence.

After 5 hours of intense fighting with some lulls in the seemingly unending contacts Alpha and Bravo accomplished between themselfes:

- Destruction of 15 enemy installations including a recruitment center which will setback the enemy effort to secure more soldiers

- Clearing out the towns of : Agios Dionysios, Lakka, Stavros, Neochori, Katalaki, Poliakko, Therisa and finally Zaros 

The town of Zaros was a combined effort between Alpha and Bravo maneuvering in a pincer hitting the town from both N and S side. The enemy count in the town was estimated to be 4-6 groups of enemies but real time intel gathered from the Raven drone suggest it was more like 10 squads and a technical with a DSHKM on.

Drone/Headcam footage from IED incident:

I managed to join my first game on EU6 last night and I have to say it was a lot of fun. Thanks to Sozio and the other guys in my squad who help me get oriented and not make too much of a noob out of myself. I managed to not die, which is another plus.

One question - I will be unable to join next week because I'm travelling. But I'd like to join the week after. Can you tell me how I connect with my squad assuming we spawn in different places?

Thanks again to all!

• Copey featured this topic
11 hours ago, Amentes said:

AFAIK, where you logged out is where you will spawn back in.

I would assume you might then be moved to the main force.

@Amentes who would move me? Do I contact someone to be moved?

Sorry for the long wait for a AAR\De-brief, been busy IRL. @JaSmAn Usually I set up a teleport for people that havent played\are waaay far off the main force if MEU\LOGI isnt up and running and can do transport in the start

De-Brief 3/3-17

After some problems getting started AW forces started screening the MSR West towards Kavala from Depot 1. In the start the movement plan was to resupply and reorganize at main HQ before rolling in a convoy to GRID [057150] to secure the stadium for LOGI to setup a second depot. After the main forces secured the location they split off in 3 rough cardinal directions: N,S,W to either clear out towns or establish a OP position.

Alpha went up North and secured the location of the power-plant before moving up and clearing Negades which was found deserted, next they swung up by Agios Konstantinos where they engaged in urban warfare against 20+ insurgents and also sustained a casualty when a civ drove over a IED in the road.

Bravo went down South and screened the whole way down to Edessa and when returning hit major contact in the town of Panochori where they sustained a couple of casualties[PATREP Lacking] and had to retreat East towards Edessa after sustaining wheel losses on their MRAP. But not before clearing out over 40 of the enemy combatants.

Charlie was given the task of establishing a OP point on the hill located 1.5 KM SW from Depot 2 and establish Intel gathering on the town of Kavala and the nearby suburbs. On their approach to the hill they took heavy contact from the suburb located N/NE of the hill and had to pull back to regroup as the fire from 7 squads proved too much. 

Upon retaking the hill and making progress neutralizing the incoming fire a ammo depot was spotted and dealt with.

ENDEX was called 3,5 hours in, after all most all squads had completed their rough outlined orders.

De-Brief END

This sums up the actions of the squads bar MEU and LOGI which I am considering converting into more infantry squads as each element has a medic and a mechanic that can take care of the trivial things as repairing stuff to a working order.

But this would have to wait till the next map as I kinda don't want to touch the mission too much and break the persistence.

Earplugs was at a crate at base and also at depot 1 and I will make a crate for the next session which is looking to be the last session on Altis as Kavala and the surrounding areas is thought to contain the last insurgents,  if they haven't maneuvered some around us while we where going down the MSR or setting up the depot.

16 hours ago, kennychr said:

if MEU\LOGI isnt up and running and can do transport in the start

Will be there as Logi again;):) But could I may take the role of Element Lead of Logi? Because last time my "Element Lead" was not interessted in playing Logi and instead ran away (with his LW-radio) with Charlie while one of my other Logi-mates disconnected and the other one just thought of ways to kill himself (He than injected like 5x morphine and jumped from a building) what made the situation a little bit stupid because as normal Operator I hadn´t a LW-radio wich meant that I constantly had to sit in our vehicle waiting for orders...<_<

16 hours ago, kennychr said:

This sums up the actions of the squads bar MEU and LOGI which I am considering converting into more infantry squads as each element has a medic and a mechanic that can take care of the trivial things as repairing stuff to a working order.

Sounds like a good idea for me! I would suggest to make them still MEU/LOGI with light operators and give them special transportation tasks (maybe missions that have to do wih the main assault? Like for example: A,B,C are securing a certain area and LOGI has to transport something big like enemy weapon crates out of there). This would make LOGI more enjoyable, attach them more to the main assault but would still keep them away from major combat and ensure reinforcements like building new depots without having ZEUS to do so.:)

De-Brief 10/3-17

This looked to be the last session on the Gudbrand mission as Kavala and the suburbs was the only places left with enemies and installations. When we logged in-game we immediately hit contact at Depot 2 as there had been patrols moving up from Kavala, Bravo was immediately tasked with doing a 700 m radius sweep towards the S\SW and then return, Charlie was sent up on the hill behind Depot 2 to provide a fire-base and cover the N sector.

After the enemies was neutralized I briefed B\C and LOGI on the task at hand and we went off in a convoy, B missed an IED but when the engineer was going to the defuse(as im told he was) he managed to step directly onto it making everything erupt into flames. LOGI was not as lucky and all perished to an IED on their route which they where traveling with charlie on.

After these initial set-backs C managed to clear out their sectors and make a final push towards the castle near Kavala, while bravo saw some heavy contact in the suburbs of Kavala where one of their MRAPS got de-wheeled and slowed them down.

During Charlies push into the castle everything seemed fine untill they got into the castle and hit heavy contact loosing 3 of 5 units in their team, Overlord then recived the call to send Bravo as a QRF to aid Charlie which I promptly did. 

In the end we secured Kavala and further destroyed some enemy installations.

So that concludes the first MSO, all in all i am pleased with the turnup tho it dwindled towards the end, any input on that ? Not enough action, too boring to do asymetrical fighting ? 

Next MSO is coming at the same time this Friday 17/3, but it will have another post made up as its going to be a diffrent map etc. so stay tuned