Tweak Revive Damage

Hi,

If we wanted to tweak the amount of damage it takes to kill somebody outright, so they are downed more often than killed. Would it be as simple as changing the values at the top of fn_handleDamage.sqf

private _maxSafeDamage = getMissionConfigValue ["derp_revive_maxSafeDamage", 0.95];
private _downedDamageTreshold = getMissionConfigValue ["derp_revive_downedDamageTreshold", 1.5];
private _damageReturned = 0;

I know it's not as realistic, but we are finding it's hard to encourage people to play as Medic classes on the server. More often than not people die and have to respawn. If we could make it the opposite of how it is now, so we are downed most of the time and killed outright every so often, i think that would be better.

Can anybody help with this one please?

Thanks a lot.

Rizla

IMO they should do away with the whole instant death thing. It's really painful going to the AO two-three times and getting headshotted from the AI without really making a difference and finding yourself back 10km at base.

I think current system "simulates" actual stats in a firefight pretty good.

If you get shot by small caliber (5.556,6.5,5.8mm), you usually go into a "downed" state, unless you get shot it the face. If a higher caliber hits near you or you, you should be getting greater injuries, usually results in death (vehicle rounds).

As Piranha mentioned, maybe they should adjust their gameplay, maybe going in "rambo" (as I see many players on our server do) isn`t a good idea. It has happened to me that I`ve managed to assist in 3 AOs as a infantry role without dying, getting around 30 kills (not that it matters).

I haven't really touched the medic role since the changes as they really do detract from the enjoyment there, but I have find myself enjoying the other roles a lot and value my life even more than I did before.

I've found if you couldn't realistically survive an encounter, don't engage until he odds are in your favour.

4 hours ago, RizlaUK said:

If anybody else wants to know, you tweak the below value;

private _downedDamageTreshold = getMissionConfigValue ["derp_revive_downedDamageTreshold", 1.5]; 

The more you go above 1.5, the more it takes you to die instantly.

Regards

Rizla

Helpful info, thanks