Whats your setup like?

MrRepeatz

44 minutes ago, fir_nev said:

CFO has agreed to my proposal of the said item.

I see that it is cardioid microphone. Need to have this right in my face so that KB/M are behind its audio pickup range.

Edit: I am tired to record audio solely on my Logitech G430.

It picks up more from the top of the mic, less from the sides than say the Blue Yeti which I used to use. Point it at your mouth and get it close and you are good to go, move away and you lose a lot of the sounds, which for gameplay vids is ideal.

The Yeti made you talk into the side of the mic, but still picked up a lot of exterior noise; hence I gave it up, it just recorded everything (good sounds quality though)

1 hour ago, GamerbugUK said:

It picks up more from the top of the mic, less from the sides than say the Blue Yeti which I used to use. Point it at your mouth and get it close and you are good to go, move away and you lose a lot of the sounds, which for gameplay vids is ideal.

The Yeti made you talk into the side of the mic, but still picked up a lot of exterior noise; hence I gave it up, it just recorded everything (good sounds quality though)

I ALMOST BOUGHT BLUE YETI! Thanks for stopping me. I will look into cardioid microphones more intensively now.

1 hour ago, fir_nev said:

I ALMOST BOUGHT BLUE YETI! Thanks for stopping me. I will look into cardioid microphones more intensively now.

Dont get me wrong, the sound is very rich with the Yet, bit it is very sensitive and picks up everything, even in cardoid setting.

Also it weights a tonne, and needs a very specific shockmount that is both expensive, huge, and broke on me due to the weight of the mic it is designed to hold.

• 2 months later...

My new PC build summer 2017
Got this beast just last week, pretty amazing for Arma 3 so far..

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K
GPU: ASUS STRIX GAMING GTX1060 6GB
MoBo: MSI Z170A GAMING M3
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2
RAM: Kingston 16 GB KIT DDR4 2133 MHz CL14 HyperX Fury Black Series
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Power: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1
Case: Zalman Z1 Neo

Photo of my new desktop setup - nothing fancy :)
(think I need to get a new mic..)

Desktop2017.jpg

fps_arma3.png

43 minutes ago, fir_nev said:

@GamerbugUK U even have the soundproof foam! I am trying to negotiate with the CFO / interior designer to put those on the wall...

My ideal room setup.

There is some on the wall to the left as well, and the screen you see folded up (right near the window) goes behind me to drown out noises, such as toddler tantrums.

you can see the tip of my pedals under the desk and my Track IR laying on the desk.

The picture on the wall is of Boston, MA; went there on my honeymoon; random fact!

Just a to address some mentions of bad Arma performance especially with AWE server:

I ran on fairly old hardware>

CPU: i5-4670 @3.40GHz

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: GeForce GTX 760 (2GB graphic RAM)

and recently decided to do mini-upgrade, due to my 8 GB RAM reporting running out of memory during longer Arma sessions

and also, I was annoyed by long loading times into AWE server.

the upgrade consisted of:

* buying extra 4GB RAM (so 12 GB now)

>> removed all memory problems, never have more total memory usage with Arma than about 9.8 GB

* buying 256 GB Flash drive and moving Arma to that drive (128 would suffice, but wanted for other games as well)

>> HALVED times with game startup and loading into Ahoyworld enhanced server

Now its working just fine for me, with reasonable graphic settings:

1920x1080 borderless window

Anisotrophic: Ultra

ATOC: grass

FSAA: 4x

Textures: High

Particles: High

Terrain: Standard

Dynamic Lights: Very High

Shadows: High

Of course need to adjust view-distance in game if lot of players turn up for gamenight.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2017 at 9:34 AM, Yarys said:

What is your thoughts guys?

twitch.tv/yarys_cze 

Gaming Rig.PNG

Streaming pc.PNG

Studio.PNG

Out of curiosity, do you use the -maxmem flag to allocate RAM to Arma?   I guess what would be interesting considering you have 32GB of RAM is to start Arma with -maxmem=4096 (4 GB) and then try it again with -maxmem=24576 (24 GB) to see if giving Arma a pants-load of RAM makes any difference.

12 hours ago, JJ Cakes said:

Out of curiosity, do you use the -maxmem flag to allocate RAM to Arma?   I guess what would be interesting considering you have 32GB of RAM is to start Arma with -maxmem=4096 (4 GB) and then try it again with -maxmem=24576 (24 GB) to see if giving Arma a pants-load of RAM makes any difference.

What are you talking about? The Arma I know takes all the RAM it wants, usually 5-9 GB.

People out there using i7 and stuff.. Meanwhile I suffer.

Cpu: Amd Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz Quad

Gpu: Powercolor ATI Radeon HD 5670 2GB / 128Bit

RAM: 8 GB (4x2) GSkill DDR2 (yes, it's DDR2, problem?)

Case: Everest mid tower something, don't know exactly.

Mause and keyboard: Everest rampage shit, SGM-X7 Mause and  KB-R01 keyboard.

Monitor: Exper 18.5" 16:9 around 6 years ol' ass 5MS VGA shit

HDD: 320GB Sata with 64mb cache which is also around 6 years old?

I'm poor.

Ah well, might as well share mine then:

Case: Cooler Master CM690 III Closed

Cpu: Intel Core i5-4690 boxed 3,5 Ghz

Motherboard: ASRock B85M Pro4

GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4Gb

RAM: 16Gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistics Sport 1600Mhz

HDD: 1x Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb SSD,

1x Toshiba DT01ACA300 3Tb SATA-600

Power supply: Seasonic S12G 450W

Cooling: Scythe Mugen 4

Monitor: 2x Ilyama G-Master Black Hawk GE2488HS-B2

Keyboard: Trust Wireless keyboard

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus

Headset: Logitech H600 Wireless

Future planning:

- 7.1 Headset

- 3rd monitor

- Other keyboard (wired, cos batterys sucks)

Just now, S0zi0p4th said:

Sry but its not that the batteries suck you just picked 1 off the worse brands there is in the PC world 

Haha. I know. I bought this cheap ass keyboard a long time ago. Its doing fine, sometimes not. But its ok. The thing I want in a new keyboard is some extra keys (like the logitech G keys ) to put some usefull keybindings on.

And since the keyboard is never going anywhere, might as well have it wired. Dont need the fancy mechanical too expensive keyboards

6 minutes ago, S0zi0p4th said:

Sry but its not that the batteries suck you just picked 1 off the worse brands there is in the PC world 

LOLOLOLOL.... but soooo true.

Wired is the way to go though.

Also I have yet to find a 7.1 headset that is any good, just get a decent headset.