Whats your setup like?

MrRepeatz

so I want to buy/build a new PC for myself that should be good but not too expensive (under 1000€) the only thing it should be able to do is smoothly run ArmA 3 at 1080p

do you guys have any suggestions on setups? would be great ^-^

7 hours ago, TLPerror said:

so I want to buy/build a new PC for myself that should be good but not too expensive (under 1000€) the only thing it should be able to do is smoothly run ArmA 3 at 1080p

do you guys have any suggestions on setups? would be great ^-^

Arma3 is a fairly old game by now, so current hardware should be able to do a descent job of running it. I would of course recommend getting enough memory (16Gb or more), as well as a descent video card. One thing that makes a marked difference is an SSD drive which I think is a must anyway. :)

44 minutes ago, Lindi said:

Arma3 is a fairly old game by now, so current hardware should be able to do a descent job of running it. I would of course recommend getting enough memory (16Gb or more), as well as a descent video card. One thing that makes a marked difference is an SSD drive which I think is a must anyway. :)

ok thx do you think an i5 quad core would be enough or do I need a better CPU

I guess you want to get the most powerful processor your budget allows for, since it's a PC and the more performance the better. Arma 3 might not benefit from it, but other games and apps certainly will.

• 4 weeks later...

May as well post this here since I finally got around to cleaning my system (Canned air for the win).

Looking good if I do say so myself.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

Geforce GTX 1070 

MSI x470 board

Samsung 250gb SSD

Seagate 2TB HDD

Coolermaster AIO

EVGA Supernova 550W PSU

All housed in a Corsair Carbide tower

Spoiler

IMG-20180711-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.174f8cd07edbc421c3d9588211027487.jpeg20180711_173603_007.thumb.jpg.ab1429ef2fbcf1e0ec6ba0e36e225d0f.jpg

That wasn't really the point [mention=4388]GhostDragon[/mention]; I suggest a vacuum cleaner, a duster and a screwdriver. That's what I use.
Never vaccum a motherboard. Risks pulling capacitor/resistors off the board. Cloth is ok as long as it is micro fiber.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I don't even want to know what the inside of your PC looks like if it's reasonable to consider vacuum cleaning its mainboard ??

Only things I ever have to clean are intakes, dust filters, fans and horizontal surfaces like the top of my PSU and GPU...

So either you use the tube nozzle and run the risk of bumping stuff or maybe even worse the brush with the added risk of static? Dunno man, vacuum cleaners don't really sound quite like the best option to me. That's not even accounting for the things to be bulky and quite unwieldy inside the computer case. 

I can reassure the reader that I have not yet sucked or ripped off any parts of my system, neither with a vacuum cleaner nor with a normal non-microfiber duster.

However, as always when beloved PC components are being worked on, proceeding with cautiousness, carefulness, precision and patience is strongly advised.

Recommended steps include, but are not limited to:

a) Shut the system down, turn the PSU off and disconnect the power cord as well as all periphery cables.

b) Move the system to a clean, dry, well-lit and open space.

c) Open and / or disassemble the system as needed.

d) Clean the system and its components.

e) Reassemble the system as necessary.

f) Close the system, move it back to its original place and reconnect cables. Turn the PSU back on.

Warning:

Do not use moist or wet cleaning solutions on any components other than the case and fan blades!

Do not bend or otherwise forcefully dislocate system components or parts of components!

Do not exert pressure or force on system components or parts of components!

For environmental, system safety and warranty reasons, it is not recommended to use products commonly labeled as "canned air" in the cleaning process, as these products contain potent greenhouse gases and may liquify after being sprayed under certain circumstances.

...and remember to ground yourself. Another thing to keep in mind regardless if you are using a vacuum cleaner, compressor or compressed air is to make sure you do not make any of the fans spin at too fast. This can damage the bearing in the fan, which will ultimately cause it to produce horrible noise and or break entirely.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to actually take off the CPU and GPU cooler completely and wash them .

After that I let them dry on the air, meanwhile cleaning the rest of the "gymhall" … a toothbrush for my fans and the mobo to dust them off, a nice quick dry wipe follows a shallow vacuuming with the longnose-nozzle on for the case and its dustfilters, followed up by a slightly moist wipe for the outside surfaces of the case which is literally immediately (left hand is moist wipe, right hand is dry wipe) following in the wake of the moist wipe . 

If you fear for your coolers when taking them off I can recommend flexible pipecleaners (https://www.amazon.com/100pk-Multi-Coloured-Pipe-Cleaners/dp/B002R5R6Y4) for you : they are soft enough on the outside, pull and hold dust really well, are flexible and, most important, long enough to reach from one end of a CPU tower cooler to the other end with enough room to grab onto both ends and wiggle it through the small slots in between the fins .

Served me okay in over 20 years of building and loving PCs (thanks to my stepdad for showing me all that shizzle):)

My setup right now ?

i7-8700K @4.4GHz (Noctua DH15)

MSI Z370 Plus

16GB DDR4 @3GHz ([email protected])

NVidia Palit GTX1070 Gamerock Ed. (slight factory OC, OC curve enhanced via Afterburner; Base 1556MHz, Boost 1974MHz @ Kombustor torturetesting; Mem 4006MHz)

BenQ XL2420 1920x1080 @120Hz

Logitech G710 KB

Logitech Proteus Core G502 mouse

Thrustmaster T500RS wheel

Thrustmaster TH8A add-on shifter

I take off the cooler from the GPU and CPU (both without any fans attached to them ^^ ) as in completely remove them from the whole system so I have the metal parts in my hands .

Then I´ll get handwarm water with a bit of dishsoap and either one of the pipecleaners or the trusty toothbrush and get those big ass metal coolers squeaky clean .

After the cleaning I just let them sit on a towel and dry out completely for at least 24 Hours, rotating them around to from time to time to get out all possible Drops of water that might be left hanging at some surface or odd corner .

It´s something one can do if he has the inclination to do so, but it´s not actually necessary since you can get most, if not all, of the accumulated dust out with Mr. Toothbrush and Ms. Pipecleaner .

I tend to do that cause I´m a machine tooling engineer and have a weird fetish with good looking , shiny clean metal products and both coolers look pretty sexy . 

So I thought it's about time I share my little corner of the world;

IMG_9995.jpg

IMG_0022.JPG

Specs:

Monitors: Main (iiyama prolite GB2773HS) Secondary (Idk Cheap Lenovo sh*t)

Speakers: Creative T10

Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB

Mouse:  Corsair Glaive RGB

Motherboard:  MSI B4650 Tomahawk

RAM: Corsair LPX 3000mhz

AIO: Auraflow 240

PSU: Gigabyte P650B

SSD/HDD: 2x Crucial 250GB, 1X Western Digital 1TB

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x (4GHZ OC)

GPU: Palit GTX 1080 (Core clock 2038mhz, Mem Clock 5524mhz)

FULL PHOTO GALLERY

https://imgur.com/a/ZhNSKJl