Voice comms really low

I´ve had this problem as long as i can remember. All the time when i play with other players and they use direct speech their volume is so low I can´t hear them. The workaround that works best is for me is to lower the ingame volume to about 10% and crank up my speakers to 20 bars out of 30, i usually have 3 bars so it´s really loud. Then i can hear people talking normally, problem is that i lose the ability to hear vehicles and if i get a message from steam or something else outside arma it´s deafeningly loud. 

I´ve tried increasing the volume in teamspeak but that increases the static aswell. I have increased TS volume by about 3-5 dB and that works but not any higher. Once i remember there were some new players on the server and they said they couldn´t hear people talking aswell. Are any of you guys experiencing the same problem? 

3 hours ago, Amentes said:

I've found all ACRE / TFAR volume to be lower than normal TeamSpeak volume.

Best I can do is to suggest that you try fiddling with your TeamSpeak volume settings, possibly adding a decibel boost.

Thats what i did if you read the post:AreYouSerious-min:. In teamspeak: Settings > Options > playback tab > increase voice volume adjustment. That only works a little bit. 

45 minutes ago, PiranhA said:

Not sure if joke or not

15 hours ago, Amentes said:

Hmm. Ever tried taking your helmet off? Some come with built-in ear pro. All I can think of right now tbh.

Only crew/pilot helmets muffle the sound a lot. The "normal" ones I use don't.

Just now, Jorgensen73 said:

Hi, I have somewhat the same problem, but I can hear them even though it is very low.. would love it to be louder to. As you say, in TS the sound is perfect, but when in game it is very low.. Will try to adjust TS volume as stated above.

What slot were you in? If you were in Vortex, the helmet might be the problem as stated above.

1 hour ago, Colsta said:

What slot were you in? If you were in Vortex, the helmet might be the problem as stated above.

I usually play MAT and have the enhanced snakeskin helmet. But i tried the Wdl BAF and i had the same problem. Even without the helmet and it´s the same thing

I had the same problem when I logged in as regular Rifleman and Ast. Autorifleman. Oddly enough, even putting my TS output up to the max (+20dB, I believe) didn't give me any noticeable difference in-game, but when someone actually talked through TS, it was extremely loud.

According to what I could find with a quick Google search, it may have something to do with ACE hearing (as said by others, helmets and earplugs muffling the sounds), but couldn't find a fix so far.

EDIT: Connected again today. Didn't have the issue at all. Weird... :/

4 hours ago, Eagle-Eye said:

I had the same problem when I logged in as regular Rifleman and Ast. Autorifleman. Oddly enough, even putting my TS output up to the max (+20dB, I believe) didn't give me any noticeable difference in-game, but when someone actually talked through TS, it was extremely loud.

According to what I could find with a quick Google search, it may have something to do with ACE hearing (as said by others, helmets and earplugs muffling the sounds), but couldn't find a fix so far.

EDIT: Connected again today. Didn't have the issue at all. Weird... :/

Yeah same for me, normal TS talk is working good. Radio is alot better than direct speech aswell. Tried googling too but couldn´t find anything

Came to think of something today. Before I connected yesterday, I disabled the indicated option. It may or may not be a factor, but as I didn't have as much problems yesterday, my guess would be that with the option enabled, TS3 3D position information (wherever it gets it from) adds to / conflicts with those of TFAR or ACE.

TS3 setting.png

Tried as Rifleman (LAT) with the default setup just now and I could not hear any instructions at all. Resulted in a kick. No hard feelings. Could barely hear during my short conversation with @Copey earlier.

Gauntlet 20160105 0745hrs (+8 GMT).

Edited by fir_nev
Additional content

One thing that I have been having trouble with is that sometimes my sound just cuts out. I don't know the problem and have had it for sometime now. I also know it is a TFAR problem as activating my radio fixes the bug. Also it is across all gauntlet version.

-Ben 

8 hours ago, Eagle-Eye said:

Came to think of something today. Before I connected yesterday, I disabled the indicated option. It may or may not be a factor, but as I didn't have as much problems yesterday, my guess would be that with the option enabled, TS3 3D position information (wherever it gets it from) adds to / conflicts with those of TFAR or ACE.

I have that box unchecked. But i tried checking it just because and there were no noticable difference. 

46 minutes ago, fir_nev said:

Tried as Rifleman (LAT) with the default setup just now and I could not hear any instructions at all. Resulted in a kick. No hard feelings. Could barely hear during my short conversation with @Copey earlier.

Gauntlet 20160105 0745hrs (+8 GMT).

I'm not sure who kicked you but man I was really hollering at you! I could hear you replying as well so it's definitely something your end :/

9 hours ago, Copey said:

I'm not sure who kicked you but man I was really hollering at you! I could hear you replying as well so it's definitely something your end :/

:lol:

You could be right, I will need to take a look at my headset after its firmware update. I am gonna set everything to high for in-game audio settings and see how it goes.