Some Stream Highlights

Redneck Rider

Been doing quite a bit of streaming on the AhoyWorld Servers EU #1 and #2.  Figured that I might share a few of the highlights here.  Be warned, some may contain highly concentrated levels of stupid.

Why you shouldn't fly over and AO.

A Light Brigade Charge.

Evil CAS.

And Me being salty about faulty medics.

Apologies if it looks terrible.

You can be salty about bad medics, but the position you died is a salty position aswell. Maybe find a little more cover next time before you start shooting? Makes the chance you die a bit less and getting revived better (less pressure/exposure for the medic)...

1 minute ago, PiranhA said:

You can be salty about bad medics, but the position you died is a salty position aswell. Maybe find a little more cover next time before you start shooting? Makes the chance you die a bit less and getting revived better (less pressure/exposure for the medic)...

Fair enough.  Something else to that you might have seen, in that particular instance the drag function wasn't working, nor the pick-up.  Otherwise Dorf there would have probably gotten me to the building.

Another good argument you gave on why you shouldnt die on a salty position, dont count on getting dragged to a safe spot. Watch those streams for yurself aswell, it can improve your play. Or make the same mistake a few more times...i will watch the rest soon and maybe comment if ur open for critics/suggestions and tips.

10 minutes ago, PiranhA said:

Another good argument you gave on why you shouldnt die on a salty position, dont count on getting dragged to a safe spot. Watch those streams for yurself aswell, it can improve your play. Or make the same mistake a few more times...i will watch the rest soon and maybe comment if ur open for critics/suggestions and tips.

Again, fair point.  Kinda thought that I was gonna be able to fall back if I did start taking fire, hopefully back behind that concrete fence.  Another funny thing, the other dude that was next to me, HappyHank has seen this.  Said that his firing that RPG of his and killing something brought on the attention of something with a GMG.  If I had been a bit more aware, I should have probably ran from after hearing him fire that off.  Specially that close to the Archie Tanks.

Again, Hindsights 20/20.

I take 100% fault for this but still, the medic could have got us up as Dorf was running around like a lunatic not taking any fire. That and smokes tends to break AI lock (NOTE Tends not will) has every time iv used them anyway. Still not here to complain just putting my perspective over

4 minutes ago, PiranhA said:

read my post here, just a few mins ago...

Heh, not gonna lie though....its sometimes fun to go full Rambo.  Though, such playstyle end up getting yourself (and occasionally your allies) sent back to the FOB a lot more often.

Been trying my best to get better and keeping Cover in mind when sitting up a firing position, but while I look back at my broadcasts I have a long ways to go before I'm any good at actually doing it.

2 minutes ago, HappyHank said:

I take 100% fault for this but still, the medic could have got us up as Dorf was running around like a lunatic not taking any fire. That and smokes tends to break AI lock (NOTE Tends not will) has every time iv used them anyway. Still not here to complain just putting my perspective over

Allo Hank.  Again, looking back at the Broadcast, I'm a bit surprised he wasn't getting shot up more. 

While there's nothing inherently wrong with using a personal Discord server for comms while playing on AW Arma servers, I can't help but wonder why you wouldn't use the already-in-place TS3 provided by AW?

This is something I see somewhat regularly, groups of players forgoing the official VOIP and using their own, and I've never really been able to understand why these groups would exclude themselves from becoming regular faces on the AW TS3.

For me, its more that my friends and I usually coordinate regularly on discord on other games, games which frequently have shit in-game comms.  Discord for us offers a means of getting around that.  That and we have our own group that does things.  I've found myself using ARMA's in-games comms a bit more then any other, which means moving once more away from Discord.

Another reason I haven't used it is...well.  Maybe due to the inactivity at one point, or the sheer activity at other moments seeming a bit daunting then anything else.

Also, another short. 

Songs on the Landing Pad.

I'll find my way on soon enough, and try to push/drag my fellows into the TS too.

Never stand anywhere near an AT soldier about to take a shot; It's insta- death. I speak from both sides of that scenario. 

Also medical have a lot too consider, is the area safe, will smoke do the job, is the enemy still focused on that position?  With I&A3 if you are downed by heavy artillery there is a good chance you cant be revived, putting any rescue involving it in the questionable category.

That said some medics aren't very good either. 

Posting some more stream highlights, hope they are entertaining.

Some Teamwork here...

...Some Artillery There...

...A Prop Plane and a failure to find lift...

...And some personal stupidity.

For that last one, I had forgotten that a Zeus had gotten on, to help take the Fog off earlier.  That was full stupid on my part.