AW Invade & Annex 2 Changelog and Download

Great work guys, big fan of Domination in ArmA2.

Would love to see a revive option put in.

Our group like to play as a squad and giving medical

assistance to a friend in the field while the rest of the squad provides cover would be awesome.

Keep up the good work

Great work guys, big fan of Domination in ArmA2.

Would love to see a revive option put in.

Our group like to play as a squad and giving medical

assistance to a friend in the field while the rest of the squad provides cover would be awesome.

Keep up the good work

This would be a massive plus. Had a good game of Insurgency (ArmA II) last night on one of our servers and it adds in so much. Picking up and carrying an injured oppo while under fire is awesome! Although that might just because I am one of those messed up ex-military guys...who knows!

As fergie said, we're all really excited about the reception our mission has received. Every day there are more servers and communities using our mission and a vast number of players enjoying it. Seeing everybody enjoying the mission is a real driving force for development and we thank everyone that's playing.

In response to Winston and Melbo, your suggestions have been noted and I'll be including them in 2.8. I'm currently not at home so can't do any development work right now, but I'll carry on as soon as I can and hope to release this weekend.

So, main additions will be side missions, gear loadouts and revive capabilities.

Will you be using the first aid modules that were in A2?

The only revive I've had experience with in ArmA II is that system whereby you die and then proceed to roll around on the floor waiting for someone to come and pick you up. I'll look through some revive scripts and figure out what we can add with minimal performance impact.

TL;DR - We'll most probably start off with a very simple revival system but increase its complexity and depth as time goes by. Once the base is there, it's easy to expand.

Sounds like the BIS First Aid module at work. All you need to do is group up the units to the modules pretty much. I will have a look and see what I can come up with for you.

Edit - Seems like the first aid modules are not in A3 at the minute. Been playing around with this script for a while and seems to be doing the job ok.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18955

Also another suggestion. Maybe make it 32 players? Keep the 2 pilots but possibly standardise the the sections.Possibly 6 teams of 5 units that consist of Team Leader, Medic, AT, Marksman and Grenadier/MG?

Edit - Added/changed a few things. Hope you don't mind.

Changed: Six 5 man sections. 2 pilots. (32 players)
Added: Virtual Ammobox System
Added: =BTC= Revive 
Added: Body/Vehicle Clean-up script

Seems to be going down pretty well so far!

Edit 2 - Revive script and VAS script seem to be causing issues with each other. When you die and respawn, you cannot enter the VAS menu.

Spending a lot of time writing the Side Missions and I don't want to touch dialogs, so we'll be falling back on the Virtual Ammobox system and =BTC= Revive for now. I've literally just written in a body/vehicle clean-up script of my own as well! :D Should help keep the server running nice and smooth.

In regards to dying, respawning and not being able to access VAS, I assume that's simply because you need to add the action again when they respawn. I'll make the VAS available via a static object, anyway.

Keep the suggestions coming. I'll probably release 2.8 with 5 side missions so I get it out this weekend.

P.S. You can edit/change the thing as much as you like as long as you contine to credit us. Just keep in mind you'll have to edit and change it with each new release. :)

One thing I noticed after the server was running for 24 hours was the amount of gear that had been dumped on the ground around the weapon crates at the base. I'm guessing this is connected to Melbo's earlier post regarding being unable to unequip items in the weapons ceates so they are dumped on the ground instead. Any chance you could add in a gear clean up script. Our server is now open to the public, I have added BTC revive and every thing is running fine. Filter for UKGZ

One thing I noticed after the server was running for 24 hours was the amount of gear that had been dumped on the ground around the weapon crates at the base. I'm guessing this is connected to Melbo's earlier post regarding being unable to unequip items in the weapons ceates so they are dumped on the ground instead. Any chance you could add in a gear clean up script. Our server is now open to the public, I have added BTC revive and every thing is running fine. Filter for UKGZ

Do you run with the AI enabled on your server?

Future downloadable versions needs at least to be stripped of link to Ahoy World TS3 server. Confused people from other servers running the mission have been connecting asking for admins and whatnot.

Also: I didn't get to play v2.8 long enough to try it out when it was accidentaly run at the public server ahead of times. But if there's no revive action, I believe that's a good addition for future versions.

Future downloadable versions needs at least to be stripped of link to Ahoy World TS3 server. Confused people from other servers running the mission have been connecting asking for admins and whatnot.

Also: I didn't get to play v2.8 long enough to try it out when it was accidentaly run at the public server ahead of times. But if there's no revive action, I believe that's a good addition for future versions.

Probs a good shout

Hey guys, I added Tonic's Virtual Ammo boxes and BTC Revive and Team killing punishment scripts to the UKGZ server and all seems fine. The Virtual ammo boxes are awesome, the load out saves client side so loading your custom loadout is only a few clicks away, and the easy removal of items in your inventory seems to have curbed the gear pooping. The Tk script works but only if victims vote to punish.

Keep up the good work guys looking forward to side missions in 2.8

Sweet, I managed to sneak a peak at the new version with Rarek last night, I'm happy to report virtual ammo boxes are there, along with some really cool side missions,

You and me are both looking forward to it. Just begging for more time to play

Updated to 2.80.1.

[25 - 03 - 2013] Stratis Domination Version 2.80.1 | Change Log
  • Added 8 thermal imaging modes to the UAV
  • UAVs are now available to players the entire time, though will display an "UNAVAILABLE" hint if an AO's radio tower is still present
  • Coloured the "Activate Personal UAV" action to make it more obvious
  • Dead bodies / destroyed vehicles are now deleted after 10 minutes, helping to keep the server clean
  • Enemy stragglers in captured AOs will be deleted after 15 minutes, helping to keep the server clean
  • Fixed issue where multiple markers would appear after server had been running for a long time
  • Introduced Tonic's Virtual Ammobox System, allowing players to easily select / equip gear and save/load gear loadouts. This will also resolve the issue where players simply dropped items at the ammobox, flooding the place with empty magazines and weapons
  • Did NOT introduce the =BTC= Revive script. Not everybody will want this and, if you do, it's easy enough to add yourself
  • Added "Side Missions". Side missions are separate missions that run paralell to the generated AOs, providing players with something else to accomplish which will reward the team with extra, more powerful vehicles. This currently includes 3 missions and 1 sub-mission, each of which will be chosen at random and spawn in a completely new position every single time. A large array of side mission types will be created with future releases
  • Introduced many new sound clips (mainly for the "Talk to Contact" Sub-Side Mission). I may remove these in a later version to reduce filesize.
  • Side Missions have a 15 - 30 minute delay between each mission
  • Included more JIP marker checks
  • Introduced a random 10 seconds - 2 minute wait in-between AOs
  • 13 random wrecks now spawn in random places across the island
  • Fixed issue where players could, in-between an AO being completed and one being created, use their UAVs to view the new target before the radio tower was created
  • Begun to add in a few admin actions, allow admins to skip bugged AOs / side missions
  • Numerous small bug fixes and cleaning up of code

UKGZ server running on DEV build 0.53 and Stable

Aye the DEV branch seems to be more stable than the STABLE branch at the moment. We've got 2.80.22 running fine on STABLE with a few things removed for server stability. When we advance to 0.53 or higher we'll add everything back in.

Loved the new updates in 2.80.1 :)

Removing dead bodies helps with server load, side missions are exellent and a distraction for the amost constant pounding from the ememy  :lol: 

Random wrecks i've seen but found no need for, could they be used for cover around the enemy areas or side missions ?

Where or how do you access the admin functions ? I logged in and coudn't see any new options

Looking forward to future releases, as Winston said earlier we're running the Dev 0.53 version and it's been running for over 17 hours with no crash, Stable 0.52 lastest 10 minutes.

If any Dev players want to join us just filter UKGZ, for Stable there's AW servers

Side mission markers not showing on players maps if they join the server after the SM has started. If your online when it starts it shows no problem. Anyone else getting this? Got to love the ALPHA :P

That's an issue with 2.80.1. :) We've updated our AW server to 2.80.22 and it's now working fine. We'll update the version here when we hit 2.81 (which should be very soon) which will also come with a rebranding from Domination to Invade & Annex (I&A).

But anyway, yes: this problem is fixed in the next version.

Removing dead bodies helps with server load, side missions are exellent and a distraction for the amost constant pounding from the ememy  :lol:

Aye, now that dead bodies / destroyed vehicles are removed after a time period the server's can run for a lot longer a lot smoother. More Side Missions will be coming with later versions; it's just finding the time to write separate missions that can dynamically spawn that's the problem. :)

Random wrecks i've seen but found no need for, could they be used for cover around the enemy areas or side missions ?

Random wrecks do seem a bit useless and I may put them in a parameter which is off by default. I just thought it was quite nice to have some wrecks dynamically spawn; it's a war zone after all, right?

Where or how do you access the admin functions ? I logged in and coudn't see any new options

The admin functions aren't yet incorporated. I'll try to add them in for the next version (2.81), but no promises. They'll be there in case the mission "bugs out", so that admins can perform basic tasks such as skipping AOs, skipping Side Missions, respawning vehicles and the like.

Looking forward to future releases, as Winston said earlier we're running the Dev 0.53 version and it's been running for over 17 hours with no crash, Stable 0.52 lastest 10 minutes.

The STABLE build currently has a major issue we've called the "Grenade of Death"; if a player throws two grenades one after the other the server will crash. Good, huh? Our 2.80.22 STABLE mission removes all grenades to avoid the issue, but the version currently uploaded here doesn't have that feature.

By the sounds of it, the DEV build is nice and stable so we'll be able to get everything back in and carry on developing once 0.53 is released.

Would it be possible to make the side missions much harder ? I noticed that 2.81 removes meeting the mole and just going to the side mission, players can do them in minutes and by themselves.

My suggestion is make them harder and longer to do :) bring back meeting the guy who tells you the side mission location and make the side mission more heavily defended, also make the guards patrol radius bigger so you can't sit on a cliff and fire an NLAW from 600 meters away and complete it.

Better yet make it so you have to capture the enemy vehicle and return it to the mole or a 2nd mole ? once you hand it over you then get to reap the rewards :)