Helicopter Variety

Night_Owl

Question

Hello, 

I flew several hours over the course of the last 3 days in the #EU1 and #EU2 servers. One of the thing that, in my humble opinion, could help pilots enjoy themself even more would be to diversify the helicopters available. Currently, there are 5 hawks sitting at base, even if i like flying in them, it's refreshing to not fly in the same machine for 200 hours in the same month, especialy in a video game. The other problem of the current offer is that the hawks can't do much heavy lifting (this is more problematic on Tanoa wich consist of multiple island).

The Idea would be to have like 2 hawks, 2 hummingbirds and 1 huron ? (i'd also like to see a green wildcat  in the mix, would be neat).

It seems that under certain conditions, additionnal helicopters spawn in the main base, however those conditions are not clear, not explained, and the additionnal helos have limited respawns. The other Day on #EU2 there were 3 hummingbirds in the main base. One of them respawned like 1 time, the other like 3 times, and the last 5ish times. It was tottally unclear why they first spawned in the first place, totally unclear how many times they were going to respawn (or if they were going to respawn at all!?). So i guess this could use some more explainations.

cheers.

10 answers to this question

Helicopters spawn and respawn in Main Base and in FOBs when those are secured.

Additional non-respawning aircraft can be obtained by completing Side Missions.

Seems pretty clear to me :)

I'd agree that some helicopter variety in base would be nice, but I'd personally prefer sticking to birds smaller than the existing Ghost Hawks, which means Orcas, Hellcats and Hummingbirds.

What fobs give what kind of vehicules ? What are the vehicule that respawns ? Do these respawn an infinite or limited number of times ? The humming birds spawned at main even tho we didn't conquered any fobs. Some kind of extensive pdf guide could be great i guess, just have to get a volunteer and give him all the information.

The small birds are more playful that's for sure, but a spare Huron can do some heavy lifting much needed in tanoa. I didn't play enough to witness it, but what if a side mission give a bonus armored vehicule on Tanoa ? is it forever stuck on the main base ? 

When I'm on and see that the AO would benefit from it, and indeed for a bit of variety, I will sometimes spawn 1-2 Hummingbirds on EU2. Depending on how long I can stay, I'll make it so that they can or can't respawn. Probably that's what you experienced.

well, I think the diversity ain't the problem (FOB aircraft included), but the way FOB's spawn.

It happens way to many times that FOB's don't spawn as soon as the AO that they spawn in is completed. This sometimes leads to people having to fly from base to AO without any other FOB's to start from, meaning that all they will see (friendly) is the occasional hunter and 0 variation of helicopters.....

on eu1, fob martian has a mohawk, and 2? or 3? hellcats along with the buzzard aa, fob terminal has a blackfoot, orca, taru and a pawnee, fob dirt track has a huron, fob marathon has 2 hummingbirds and a pawnee, those are the ones i know and can remember.